Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Or is it? Play at the next lvl then try and get your bowling perfect? Theres your challenge I think its genius idea lots of people complain cause they either struggle or find lower settings too easy but higher ones too hard I really like the game and its difficulty ill be playing for months if not the next year or so

Wait so now you're saying that bowling is impossible without the bowling hud? I thought bowling was supposed to be too easy?

trolling at its finest.

----------

Or is it? Play at the next lvl then try and get your bowling perfect? Theres your challenge I think its genius idea lots of people complain cause they either struggle or find lower settings too easy but higher ones too hard I really like the game and its difficulty ill be playing for months if not the next year or so

how long have you played and what difficulty?

You've prattled on about how easy it is to bowl out the opposition, then you say it is too hard to bowl without the HUD.

Which is it?

You play the game on pro and easily make 150 runs plus then you go and bowl and knock the CPU over for under 70-80 just about every time.

This should not happen on the same difficulty.

If anyone can master bowling without the HUD, they are true genius. The point of the matter is when i jump to veteran to play the game the AI batting should be better to make the game a challenge not just get rid of the bowling hud.

Dont worry mate when you stop playing the game on easy mode you will run into the exact same issues. It's a matter of 'when' not 'if'

trolling at its finest.

----------

how long have you played and what difficulty?

full disclosure, i've not played it (tearful emoji; very tearful emoji; rage emoji) but it seems to me one of the first patches should definitely allow people to vary the batting/bowling difficulty independently because it appears as if almost everyone finds one easier than the other.

The guy makes a very valid point and the thing that is the most irritating is that most of the people arguing with him have not played the game yet or are playing the game on the easier difficulty. If you have not played the game yet how can you tell someone that has played it for several hours they are wrong?

i finished work early yesterday and took today off and have put in plenty of hours already and i am experiencing the exact same issues that he is.

You play on pro and the batting is good challenge and if you work hard you will make a reasonable score but then when it's time to bowl you just knock the CPU over very cheaply.

You will not experience the vast difference in the batting and bowling difficulties playing career mode because you are not in control of the whole outcome of the match.

THE PROBLEM GETS EVEN WORSE. When you want to play at veteran difficulty so the CPU batting is reasonable, the bowling hud disappears and there is no way to bring it back up so bowling is virtually impossible.

So our only option is to play the game on pro and keep bowling the CPU for under 100 every time in t20s and ODIs.

I think Big Ant have made clear that they welcome constructive feedback. However they've also asked people to play it for a few days/weeks before dismissing it as too easy/hard.
I don't have the game yet so I don't know whether any of Mitchs Johnson's criticisms were justified. Unfortunately in his past incarnations here he has discredited the value of his opinion by arguing about some fairly indisputable things (such as the nature of energy transfer in physics) as well as creating multiple accounts, abusing people etc.
From what I've read it sounds like tiered difficulties for batting and bowling within career mode may be an idea for future versions but as Ross has said several times some people find batting easier and some people find bowling.
If we find in 2 or 3 weeks time that the vast majority of people can bowl find but are struggling to bat then I'm sure Big Ant will look at it.

full disclosure, i've not played it (tearful emoji; very tearful emoji; rage emoji) but it seems to me one of the first patches should definitely allow people to vary the batting/bowling difficulty independently because it appears as if almost everyone finds one easier than the other.

That is one way to go.

The disappointing fact is that most of the people in this topic are just throwing in their opinions without having played the game or have just played the game at easier difficulties.

If you do not own the game or have not put hours into the game yet and are trying to justify how hard or easy it is then please stop waisting forum space.

For those of you who are playing career mode on pro and think you know what you are talking about then please use some common sense. If you are already noticing that it is quite a bit harder to make runs than get wickets when you are only involved in a small fraction of the game then try and compare it to playing a t20 or ODI where you face every ball and bowl every delivery.

That is one way to go.

The disappointing fact is that most of the people in this topic are just throwing in their opinions without having played the game or have just played the game at easier difficulties.

The disappointing fact is that you've now made that point 4 or 5 times... ;)

For me, again this is based in watching videos and reading here not playing (100 more rage-based emoji) it is disconcerting the bowling results people are getting in terms of wickets/averages etc.

You're a 16 year old with a 1 helmet rating, it should be hard, so it's good that people are struggling with the bat especially when a lot of the videos don't show people playing themselves in - but getting 4-fers and 5-fers and some of the AI shots played to gift them those wickets are a touch worrying.

At least we know this stuff will be improved once there's been enough time for people to give balanced feedback and Ross' issues with me aside, it's fantastic to have a developer commiting to that

Frustrated with batting to the point of on the verge of taking game back. Mainly in career but sometimes in other modes too, my batsman continually won't play a shot on most occasions and I'm out bowled or LBW:mad Is it a timing thing?faulty game maybe? I thought controller at first but have since changed controllers. Can anyone help?

Frustrated with batting to the point of on the verge of taking game back. Mainly in career but sometimes in other modes too, my batsman continually won't play a shot on most occasions and I'm out bowled or LBW:mad Is it a timing thing?faulty game maybe? I thought controller at first but have since changed controllers. Can anyone help?

If you aren't able to play a single shot, there may be a problem with your controller - or maybe the way you are executing the shot.

It is stupid not good to blame the game as "faulty" if everyone is able to play his shots. Check the controller, try it on some other game to confirm if it is working. If it is indeed working, try following the tutorials to the letter. You should be able to play the shot. If, however, you aren't able to play the shot perfectly, it is clear that you need more practice. Whether you are willing to invest your time learning the new controls or not is another issue.

That is one way to go.

If you do not own the game or have not put hours into the game yet and are trying to justify how hard or easy it is then please stop waisting forum space.

For those of you who are playing career mode on pro and think you know what you are talking about then please use some common sense. If you are already noticing that it is quite a bit harder to make runs than get wickets when you are only involved in a small fraction of the game then try and compare it to playing a t20 or ODI where you face every ball and bowl every delivery.

Tomorrows headlines today

Uninformed people in give opinions on internet forum shocker!

are you sure you're not just pressing "in" on the right stick?

are they "leaving" the ball, or just not doing anything? if leaving, you're pressing in.

Users who are viewing this thread