Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Changing the camera to close and batsmen see through helps alittle. Frustrating when I actually get close to 20 then get given out bowled when I blocked the Damn ball the bowler ran down the pitch picked up the ball and broke the stumps for a run out. Seems it detects a hit wicket for Bowleds even when the bowlers trying for a run out with me in the crease. ...

Ok so played a complete T20 yesterday (Pro-Mode) lost it by 1 wicket but was an amazing match. I batted first with Pakistan ended up at mere 112 with afridi scoring most runs getting out on 58 last wicket to fall.

Highlight moment of batting.
- I hit a bowler for 4 sixes in one over and was pretty confident that I will do the same (had the feeling that I got AI), next over tried smashing the first ball missed it completely was a slower delivery tried the same on next ball straight to the fielder tried again on third ball went high in the air and got out caught. That was so brilliant that doing same thing again and again will not give you runs as bowler change there line and length and different bowlers have different lift and abilities.

Bowling:

Fast bowlers were getting smashed they scored 30 odd in 3 overs, then I bring spin and that really tied them up apart from one partnership got them pretty much tied. 16th over AI needed 5 runs and got 2 wickets, Got Umar gul to bowl got a slow full delivery and bowled the batsman, next ball I bowled a wide :facepalm and after that sprayed one on the pads and batsman flicked it to the boundary to win the match.

Overall very epic match and enjoyed it a lot.

I think what Mitch is trying to say is that make defensive shots less dangerous than actual shots. He is not saying to change the game mode or something. I too have that issue. Hitting a shot on every test ball is no fun just because it is less dangerous than a defensive shot.

Maybe if you spent more time practising batting and less time moaning you might get better?

In my eyes your gripes are what will keep me coming back to this game, if I want to be an allrounder or bowler I will stick the difficulty up to veteran for a challenge and if I want to be a batsman I will keep it on pro.

Maybe the pro bowling needs to be made slightly more difficult but saying batting needs to be made easier, IMHO, is a bit of a joke when you have had the game for precisely 48 hours.

What is apparent is the difficulty is imbalanced between batting and bolwing. As even you've referred to in your own statement!

This doesnt need more time for this be noted. Its frikkin obvious now. And needs fixing.

Simple.

My highest score in tour mode, Pakistan vs England test series 2015 is 50 all out, first innings.

This is in pro mode.

The English fast bowlers send in many bouncers, surprise full delivers, deliveries outside off and then some lose ones. The fielding changes if I lose quick wickets or if a batsman gets hit.

I still suck a lot at Pro but oh boy, is this game amazing or what! I still haven't been able to pull off a good enough test match to put the video on YouTube..

Last edited:
My highest score in tour mode, Pakistan vs England test series 2015 is 50 all out, first innings.

This is in pro mode.

The English fast bowlers send in many bouncers, surprise full delivers, deliveries outside off and then some lose ones. The fielding changes if I lose quick wickets or if a batsman gets hit.

I still suck a lot at Pro but oh boy, is this game amazing or what! I still haven't been able to pull of a good enough test match to put the video on YouTube..

Strange how some are saying bowlers are mixing up their line whereas others are saying its all leg side etc.

I wonder if the attributes and mentalities set in the academy have a massive impact on the gameplay.

Any chance of posted some of you bowling in a test mate? Would be nice to see how the AI go about building a 1st innings score!

What is apparent is the difficulty is imbalanced between batting and bolwing. As even you've referred to in your own statement!

This doesnt need more time for this be noted. Its frikkin obvious now. And needs fixing.

Simple.

I'm glad we solved the mystery of who was starting arguments with everyone and criticising the game non-stop.
Welcome back Pomers.

Oh and bye.
@BigAntStudios - also @DisSteyn just so you know which comments to take seriously.

I'm glad we solved the mystery of who was starting arguments with everyone and criticising the game non-stop.
Welcome back Pomers.

Oh and bye.
@BigAntStudios - also @DisSteyn just so you know which comments to take seriously.

Are you serious!?

Hah! Not surprised in the latest about @DisSteyn either

Sincere apologies to everyone for engaging him in conversation , I thought he was actually legit.

It's definitely better to engage people than dismiss their opinions; I just got a bit suspicious when he wasn't paying any attention to the responses and continued to restate his point over and over.

I figured he just had dyslexia or something and couldn't read, I made a really lovely, balanced reply and didn't get a response. Good to know he was just a run-of-the-mill asshole. Nice cleaning, Barmy.

Users who are viewing this thread