Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Just got my game this afternoon...Never thought i would enjoy a cricket game this much...My only wish for now would be to fix some aforementioned bugs and have some new camera angles for batting...
Thanks to Ross and his team:cheers:cheers

Ok after receiving the game at 10 am India....Here is my first impressions of the game....Played a 5 over match like all the others and won that comfortably...And played a test at veteran difficulty...
Note:I play all my games without any assist as I find them as a detraction....

Positives:

1.)The gameplay felt very smooth.

2.)Loved Spin bowling..Was able to vary the balls.

3.)Like Angry pixel said if you ground your bat when finishing a run then the AI does not hit stumps [Has become a habit so no such run outs]...:)

4.)Pace bowling: I need to learn and practice more...I couldnt bowl fast but I was able to see movement for sure..

5.)If you get the hang of the controls [Which I have a bit now] was able to dive,tap back and throw back for 3-4 times..Felt awesome...:D

6.)I was comfortable with field viewing system in the game..Felt real..:thumbs

7.)The fielding camera doesn't really show where and how far the fielder is but this element of guessing made me good...

8.)Had very close calls like ball went between bat and pad and was sooooo close to the stumps like it brushed....Was an aweeeee moment for me....And took a wicket when the batsman tried sweeping me and got bowled leg stump...;)

9.)This game has really made me express when playing like punching in the air after taking a crucial wicket or breaking partnership...Thats really make you feel awesome....:cheers:

10.)Hitting big shots is another thing I love in the game and the reason is when I know I connected the shot I wont even run...Even the fielders running at horse speed were not able to stop that....:yes

Negatives: [Not really negative but if done the gameplay would feel even realistic].

1.)In the Veteran level Test that I played the keeper was not able to stump when there were chances..Lost like 3-4 opportunities like that.....:mad

2.)Rarely the batsman stays outside the crease even when pressing the back button...Lost a wicket like that...

3.)7-8 times the bowler crossed over the umpire....Graphics glitch...I think that needs patching [Not sure if others faced this as well....Saw in a user posted video as well...

How were AI run rates in the test mate?

You are part of the production team for this game so i do not expect anything but one sided point of views..

It's not reasonable to assert this.

HBK and Mike are here to find out what people like, what they don't, and also scout for bugs. That, and to help people out with issues.

I have said we will patch, fix, and add features where we can, I can offer no more than that and think our service second to none. We already have a submission underway based on feedback from here regarding career mode and are leaning on people to get it out ASAP.

The game is full of stuff from here. Whenever have you had that kind of demonstrable influence over a game?

The game's good, together we are going to make it great.

^this guy gets it

I hate being always right. (Even when i'm wrong i'm right).

I think it was blocker that said a patch will take months. Looks like the first one is only weeks away.

GO BigAnt.

^this guy gets it

With the support promised and what was evident in rugby league live 2.... The thought of this game being tweaked really is something to be excited about. Could be moulded into a masterpiece.

As someone who im sure you would admit was skeptical at the begining, its pleasing to see how much your enjoying it.

Have you got anything to say bout AI pacing in longer fornats outside of career?

How were AI run rates in the test mate?

Played at veteran level after one 5 over match in pro....My pace bowling really needs practice..So at the start it was like 5.5-6 runs per over [Bad bowling]....The best thing in the game is AI respects good balls and defends...So changed from pace to spin and then was able to control the run rate..It is very very realistic kind of approach after at 5.6 after 12 overs 4 spinners in the game reduced the rate to 3.45 and after fall of wickets and tailenders starting to come and Sammy being the only batsman left started playing aggressive and take max strike and when the tailender faces, he only tries to take a single as we expect in real life...And after taking Sammy's wicket the tailender who was trying for singles at the start takes the charge as he is the better batsman in the two...At the end of the innings the run rate was 4.7 which seems realistic when you talk about west indies....

Played at veteran level after one 5 over match in pro....My pace bowling really needs practice..So at the start it was like 5.5-6 runs per over [Bad bowling]....The best thing in the game is AI respects good balls and defends...So changed from pace to spin and then was able to control the run rate..It is very very realistic kind of approach after at 5.6 after 12 overs 4 spinners in the game reduced the rate to 3.45 and after fall of wickets and tailenders starting to come and Sammy being the only batsman left started playing aggressive and take max strike and when the tailender faces, he only tries to take a single as we expect in real life...And after taking Sammy's wicket the tailender who was trying for singles at the start takes the charge as he is the better batsman in the two...At the end of the innings the run rate was 4.7 which seems realistic when you talk about west indies....

Pleasing to read, especially as your still learning so could easily be around 3.5 -4 couldnt it!

Did they post a decent score tho?

Has anyone got a helicopter flying in the game or @Ross have you lied :spy ?

----------

Has anyone got a helicopter flying in the game or @Ross have you lied :spy ?

Pleasing to read, especially as your still learning so could easily be around 3.5 -4 couldnt it!

Did they post a decent score tho?

It is seriously bad...I quit that match as I was 25-7..:facepalm You have to earn runs at that level rather than scoring them...:)

But I think Test match is something which really needs patience in the game as well....They posted like 320 and 3 batsman scored 50....Doesn't actually feel bad that they have scored 50 against you as you know they deserve it and we deserve that as well for our bad bowling ...That's the best thing in the game...

P.S:I haven't given a score of more than 50 in previous games..:p

And the main I would like to mention is I don't use any assist in the game as I feel the game real without them....:)

Last edited:
We really need to learn to stop feeding the trolls. There are a huge bunch of ungrateful people around who simply cannot appreciate the hard work that goes into producing a game, specially for a game as complex as cricket, which has never been done right before.

Despicable behavior to say the least.

I find it funny how ppl are complaining their lungs out even when the majority thinks/says its a descent game and @BigAntStudios have decided to patch the minor bugs that are in the game. Now before anyone decides to go on another complaining spree, please take a moment and compare this game to all the cricket games youve had then see if u really want to go ahead and complain.
Sorry, its just annoying to see ppl who keep complaining about the issues that Ross said they will patch it and for difficulty, give it some time.

Another thing I would like to mention is people have mentioned direct hit to wickets in 9/10 times but this can be reduced to 6/10 when you hold to throw rather than press...

Users who are viewing this thread