Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

@79c that would cause so many other issues

DRS/BARS/Whatever you want to call it can be turned off in T20/T10/F5 etc modes right? Only keep it for the modes it'll be realistically used in?

@79c that would cause so many other issues

I thought that Ross, how would you catch in manual mode. Cheers for you and your lovely team for going above and beyond. PS Ross is there somethings that are just to hard to fix this time and maybe better for the next game.

You would have read the list over the last few days and that list will get bigger over the next few weeks.

I see the journey is far from over.

So if I gave you these for viewing the field would that work?

That looks perfect Ross. Allows you to easily see the fielders in the deep which are difficicult to notice at present. The labels only need to be visible when looking around from the batsman's eyes too.

On that note, I've not seen any overthrows at all... Anyone? Bueller?

Not that resulted in runs but did have one when batting last night where the fielder's throw missed the keeper and had to be stopped by the guy backing up from square leg.

Last edited:
Hello guys

I have finally got my copy, woop woop

Good game, but I have noticed something...

Amateur mode is too easy and Pro mode is too difficult for batting...

Can we have a mode in between the two at all?

Kind Regards
Riz

Or you can just play for more than a day and either get better at batting, or turn off the bowling HUD if you haven't already

just a quick fix for the run outs by miss judge quick singles specially behind the wickets and fine leg area...change camera setting for Running to "Fielding 1" option...that helps..

I have been having the thought that maybe the AI hitting the stumps 99.9% of the time was the easy fix to the overthrow bug that the old build @MattW played with at the play session had?

From my first impressions having had played the game a fair bit over the weekend, I am very very impressed. I had read a lot of the issues etc but did find a lot of these anomalies were either user input issues, or basically requests for things in general. I haven't found many issues of glitches that spoilt gameplay for me.

Right from the get go I was stoked, the steel case is beautifully presented, one of the best 'special editions' I've ever seen. Then the simplicity at which you can download the real teams, took two minutes, then we were into it. I had a quick crack at a T10 and boy was I crap. Like most my batting efforts were abysmal. Regardless, it was a challenge in happy to accept, and continue to practise.

I'm currently in my second year of career mode, as a number 3 batsmen. I'm doing quite poorly, but as each match progresses I seem to time shots better, and get a few extra runs each time. I did find bowling spin was quite easy to take wickets, having taken 12/43 in a FC match. (Both innings).

My only real gripe is the same as most with the fielding, and obviously in future iterations the game will become more polished, but as a first of it's kind, the game is incredible, and is a real credit to the devs. So I thank you all. @Ross, @BigAntStudios and team. :-)

Just started a 6 test series vs SA and me as the Aussie team of now and what a game.:clap

I batted first and made just 65 all out:facepalm and thought that's it one down but i was almost wrong. I got the AI out for 209 and needed to bat well in the second inns or game over man.

To my surprise i made a ok score of 185(200 is my best) with Clarke top scoring with my best inns and what a inns of 87/106 balls( not funny for us
Aussie:noway)

So the AI needed just 41 to win and SA fell like a pack of cards and i had then 9 for 41 with watson getting 5 for 9 and i thought yes i got them here but they hit a 4 to get over the line. I was screaming and well acting like a mad man but loved every second of it. Can't wait for game two later today.

It's easily fixed. Set a rule that if "Run" is not pressed, the fielder doesn't need to throw the ball at all. You very rarely see the ball returned to the keeper or the bowler each delivery, especially if the batsman isn't making a run.
This.

I'd also add, the runout problem would be significantly less if the batsman would just keep going at the same pace until they are over the line - instead of the current slowdown a metre out.

Sometimes it does work out when the batsman slowly walks over the line for a safe run, but the hyperactive fielding doesn't care about that.

Indeed I'm mostly annoyed about the runouts because it ruins my chances for better bowling figures by there being wickets that aren't attributed to me - the game doesn't seem to give the bowler credit/skill points for bowling a ball that results in a runout - though the commentary does notice it by saying things like 'changed the bowler and immediately had an impact', but never really get the sense that you've caused the error that caused the runout - when a lot of the time the runouts I get are when I've varied the speed and the AI think the ball was going to fly past the fielder, something that should happen, minus the throwing accuracy.

Absolutely nothing is game breaking however, to suggest otherwise is hyperbole combined with cake deficiency.

Absolutely nothing is game breaking however, to suggest otherwise is hyperbole combined with cake deficiency.

So what you're saying is "I'm bad at batting, fix it" isn't a game-breaking bug?

...just a serious cake deficiency.

It's taken a long time to get to where we are, we won't be rushing in large changes all at once as that is too risky.

Actually I take that back. Snowy you are right, just been playing Pro level again, T20 reduced to 8 overs per side cos of rain, i made 58, SA were cruising at one point collapsed to 48-6, i did end up losing, but was a closer game than i imagined....

Awesome game...

Users who are viewing this thread