Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

stevo1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just had an awesome stumping, batsman dragged his foot ever so slightly outside the crease, keeper whips the bails off. OUT.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I`m fully Behind Ross on not making too much changes in Patch No. 1 . Otherwise the Butterfly effect might kill some other great touches to the game and create even bigger problems . Rather have a patch that "fixes" 2 -3 issues at most , and give it a month to be stress tested by us , before even considering doing another patch.

This way it is so much easier to nail any unintended side effect . Just think about the nightmare if say 20 issues gets fixed , and suddenly all hell breaks loose in gameplay. No its so much harder to isolate what caused the wheels to come off.

As long as Ross and his team keeps refining this already great game , I will continue to promote it to all my Club mates and ex-Cricketer friends , as I feel that they are the ones that will truly enjoy this for what it brings to the genre.

PS. @Ross , I also like the idea mentioned before of bringing in the Fielding Radar only in the View when the batsmen looks around . This will assist me as well since I cannot get a full 360" view in the current setup because it takes too much time and next thing the umpire cancels my view and lets the play commence. And it will be there to assist for a few seconds and then in "real view" its gone and out of the way .

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I`m fully Behind Ross on not making too much changes in Patch No. 1 . Otherwise the Butterfly effect might kill some other great touches to the game and create even bigger problems . Rather have a patch that "fixes" 2 -3 issues at most , and give it a month to be stress tested by us , before even considering doing another patch.

This way it is so much easier to nail any unintended side effect . Just think about the nightmare if say 20 issues gets fixed , and suddenly all hell breaks loose in gameplay. No its so much harder to isolate what caused the wheels to come off.

As long as Ross and his team keeps refining this already great game , I will continue to promote it to all my Club mates and ex-Cricketer friends , as I feel that they are the ones that will truly enjoy this for what it brings to the genre.

PS. @Ross , I also like the idea mentioned before of bringing in the Fielding Radar only in the View when the batsmen looks around . This will assist me as well since I cannot get a full 360" view in the current setup because it takes too much time and next thing the umpire cancels my view and lets the play commence. And it will be there to assist for a few seconds and then in "real view" its gone and out of the way .

If we were to do a radar (unlikely) it would definitely not be in this patch. This patch is ready to go back in.

Randy

School Cricketer
The real reason DBC 14 stands out IMO is its bowling. Last night i had a match with someone online. I won the toss and decided to bat. After a decent start of 40 from thr first 3 overs, I thought you know maybe its time to let loose. I was never so wrong in a cricket game. I got bundled for 73 in 7.4 overs. It was a T10 match.
Now basically i thought this match was over and i would just bowl to do the honours. Wrong again. My opponent started well slowly building his innings inching towards an easy victory until I decided ... lets angle the ball against the batsman to a packed offside field. Things changed. He missed...got out a couple of times...I believed i had a chance..However consistency is not my strong suit. The match ended in 9.3 overs. He needed 1 to win from the last over.
I was never so happy after losing a match. The game has its flaws. But still I never thought a cricket game could be so enthralling.

I am a one happy dude. Thanks BIG ANT:D

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Dear BigAnt
Can you please update with which thing you are going to fix in coming patch so at least we don't post again this issues.
Cheers

angad

Chairman of Consent
If we were to do a radar (unlikely) it would definitely not be in this patch. This patch is ready to go back in.

If you indeed decide to go for the Radar, request you to provide the option to hide it. And even then, the radar should only be visible when you are looking around the field and nor permanently.

I really enjoy the concept of looking around the field, and thats from a guy who initially thought it would be a game-breaking issue to not have the radar.

A bigger issue for me personally is the delay in the camera changing from Batsman Close to Fielding/Broadcast when playing a shot. It really kills the chance to take a quick single.

Last edited:

Bentley

School Cricketer
all i want at this stage is Career Fix so i can start again and have a real go again! and laser beam fielders.......and maybe a few cheeky points to allocate to our Career player at the start

Westindies

Club Captain
i have a very good pc, 16gb ram, i7 and 1gb graphics card but i am loosing patience and i am planning to buy a ps3 for this game, but suddenly there was a doubt regarding the mods that will be done by PC team, Mods can only be done for a PC version or even it can be applied on PS3s too?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Constantly repeating posts that could be answered if you searched isn't easy. Will take time.

moose007za

School Cricketer
Finally got my mitts on the game, and I do enjoy it a lot but there are a few issues that need to be fixed.

(Probably been mentioned 100 times already)

Priority issue is accuracy of fielders hitting the stumps and sometimes the ball will hit the stumps, and then the fielder will hit the stumps and then someone else will hit the stumps :D

And the replays, I never get to watch the ball hit the boundary after a shot, it just shows the batsman? Is it a camera setting or is it just the way it works?

njn

School Cricketer
I hate to be cribbing :noway, but @Ross, I really don't want to keep playing shots on the onside mostly, I know you are looking to keep the patch minimal so as not to break the game, but can we look forward to improvements in the line of AI bowling in a future patch if not this one?

PS : IMO best cricket game I've ever played :thumbs

EdgedAndGone

Club Captain
I hate to be cribbing :noway, but @Ross, I really don't want to keep playing shots on the onside mostly, I know you are looking to keep the patch minimal so as not to break the game, but can we look forward to improvements in the line of AI bowling in a future patch if not this one?

PS : IMO best cricket game I've ever played :thumbs

Ya the AI bowling on the leg side is irritating. Hopefully it will be patched in the first one.

Slugger

Club Cricketer
Constantly repeating posts that could be answered if you searched isn't easy. Will take time.

Not trying to be a smart ass Matt but this is why i created the Patch thread, and you found it annoying. My hope was to have all questions that have already been answered regarding what is in the patch, comments, answers, and suggestions there.

I know you hate the thread i created but was hopeful it would work. I was wrong. Sorry. Perhaps if you or Ross wanted to start a thread dedicated to Patch related questions/answers it may work better than me as you and many other users here have far more "street cred" on this forum than me apparently.

The more time i spend on here, the more i begin to agree with the members accusing long time members of attacking "newbies".

outbreak

Club Captain
Yay just ground out for a draw on day four for over an hour and what reward do I get? Tugers have beaten victoria by 137 runs..... Nevermind the fact we were only 4 wickets down ....

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Not trying to be a smart ass Matt but this is why i created the Patch thread, and you found it annoying. My hope was to have all questions that have already been answered regarding what is in the patch, comments, answers, and suggestions there.
It doesn't matter who does something, the problem I have is when people make threads designed to be places to discuss things without starting with a contribution to that discussion.

A quick search through Ross' posts and you or someone else could have made a really helpful thread about the patch - and then the discussion would follow because there would be a reason to visit the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread