Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If we were to do a radar (unlikely) it would definitely not be in this patch. This patch is ready to go back in.

Dear Big ant,

Please do include following at least in initial patch (request)

- Red circle around the ball customization
- Field pattern change after resuming saved game from playing game
- Direct hits every time
- Frequency of AI run outs is too much
- Deep fielder view via binoculars like something (while batting)
- Career mode concern (as pointed out earlier)

We would be very lucky if you include all these in first patch plus which you want to include.

Cheers

moose007za

School Cricketer
Can someone please help me with regard to the replay thing as it seems its not mentioned much?

can I change it to see where ball hit the boundary in the replays?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
You can always choose the 'instant replay' option from the menu to take another look.

Slugger

Club Cricketer
It doesn't matter who does something, the problem I have is when people make threads designed to be places to discuss things without starting with a contribution to that discussion.

A quick search through Ross' posts and you or someone else could have made a really helpful thread about the patch - and then the discussion would follow because there would be a reason to visit the thread.

Agreed, and like i said, sorry for the lack of info to begin with, and like i said earlier was doing it in between work and couldn't get the time to go through everything and post everything i had read from Ross. Have updated it now with most of what is to be included in the first patch.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Thanks for the work Slugger , and dont mind these all knowing buggers called staff Members . They are not as bad as they sound :)

adnan333

Club Captain
Finally got the game and played it for a few hours and here are my first impressions...

The Good

Mostly everything. Batting is a joy in the game and has been nailed perfectly. You do feel sometimes that nicks to the wkt keeper are a bit random but that's how cricket is, i.e. one shot goes through the covers for 4 and the next one is nicked to wk. "The Good" section is short coz most of the stuff in the game is in this category and I would literally have to write pages if I start listing everything that is good in the game.

The Bad

1. Run outs, especially when you cancel the run. The batsmen just saunter in and get caught out of crease. In fact running is so casual that sometimes you get run out trying to take a single to long on or long off. It definitely is frustrating to see your well set batsman depart to a lazy Shane Watsonsque run out. Too many direct hits is a concern as well.

2. No fielding radar. It's way too hard to figure out the field settings, especially fielders on the boundary. Batting takes such a high toll of your concentration that you can't really focus on figuring out where the boundary riders every ball, and this results in batsmen being caught in the deep in shorter formats.

3. Bowling seems to be a bit on the easy side comparatively. AI gives you easy wkts and the learning curve is not as steep as the batting side of things. Again, this is one thing which worries me coz once you are proficient at batting, you can't really hope to have good matches with AI since you are able to roll them over relatively easy. Simulating AI batting generally leads to a higher total than if you bowl to AI yourself.

The Ugly

Nothing. There's no game breaking bug and so far pluses have greatly outnumbered the negatives.

----------

R2 doesn't seem to work when you cancel a run by pressing O. Most of my runouts occured after I cancelled a run and couldn't do anything (including pressing R2) to get my batsman hurry across the batting crease.
How u get the game which website u order

rizwanahmaduk

Club Cricketer
This game is ruining my marriage...lol

Just played two T10 games in PRO level as Pakistan against India and Sri Lanka, both were nail biters and I won both:) Getting used to it now.

Actually Run outs are not a problem, you have to get used to getting back in the crease button...There are a lot of direct hits for a Pakistani team though lol

Love the game...

Riz

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Just got my first hat trick!! :)

They recognise it in the XP but the commentators don't if you get one off the last ball of the over and then two off the first two of your next over :)

Nice! I have actually gotten a few hat-tricks, I think maybe four or five. Also picked up a double hat-trick once. I would go up in difficulty but I want to actually learn how to bat beforehand :p

----------

Dear Big ant,

Please do include following at least in initial patch (request)

- Deep fielder view via binoculars like something (while batting)

Because a batsman should always have a pair of binoculars handy.

Toonga

Club Cricketer
At the risk of asking a dumb or obvious question, when selecting a competition (e.g 3 match test series) it lists the matches as being played at the same ground in all 3 matches, how on earth do you change the ground, the "edit match settings" doesn't appear to provide the option to change the ground in this format....

Crossy333

County Cricketer
I've been a little quiet here and haven't really kept up to date with the explosion that was DBC14 release. Mostly because I've been busy with life and stuff, oh and playing by far the best cricket game released.

There's been a lot of comments about certain things wrong, some are valid, although some are just gameplay quirks that take time getting use too. For example, now that I'm accustom to it, I like the idea of having to return the non-striker. For me it makes me feel more involved with everything.

Anywho, the main reason for this post is that tonight batting just 'clicked'.

Previously, I was playing like I do in real life. Ie. a leg spin bowler that would bowl an absolute brilliant delivery every now and thing, mixed in with absolute shockers that wouldn't hit the pitch. And batting, well it was me mostly trying to pull everything and never making it beyond 10.

But tonight is the night... I was patient. I watch the ball. Played every ball on its merits and I was relaxed. No panic about getting out as it was a casual muck around game trying to avoid actual productive stuff. It all just came together. Oh don't get me wrong, there was the occasional dumb shot/poor decision. But the game rewarded you for doing the things that your batting coach tried (and failed) to drill into me as a kid.

I think that's what is the best thing about the game. The fact that it 'feels' like cricket. I play a lot of sports games and this for me actually feels like the sport it is replicating. More so than a lot of other games. I'm highly impressed by the gameplay. Sure, there are a few little things here and there but there is no better feeling then working away and taking that final wicket to win a four day game or scratching around at the crease working the bowlers around. Setting yourself small targets... 10, 20 etc... Then that feeling of accomplishments when you do reach those milestones.

There's a lot right in this game and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface in time I've put in. Good work @BigAntStudios

PS. Love the steelbook.

Col. Hans Landa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One request. Please do mention the difficulty level on which you have been playing while mentioning your impressions :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread