Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Got the game today, played for a few hours this afternoon, test match between England & Australia. Only on amateur so the scores proved to be rather unrealistic for a test match, but just learning the game at the moment.

Bowling is actually quite enjoyable. Batting will take a bit of getting used to, but loving it. Just a shame the fielders aren't clear enough yet. Overall, very good game without the patch, but the patch will make it an excellent game! :yes

Went straight in on Legend with a game between Essex and Leicestershire.

Started okay batting with both Cook and Mickleburgh surviving the first few overs before I accidentally took on a fielder I forgot was there. Before I knew it I was all out for 37...

Bowled at Leicestershire and had them 280/8 when they declared and denied me the chance of a 5fer with Monty Panesar. Curse them! It's certainly much more challenging than the last time I played as a county team back in '07.

Guys just got he game and love it, quick question is a test match has any pf you lads managed to bowl economically with the seamers?

Im not bowling bad balls yet they are slaughtering the quicks! Not ideal in a test!!

Guys just got he game and love it, quick question is a test match has any pf you lads managed to bowl economically with the seamers?

Im not bowling bad balls yet they are slaughtering the quicks! Not ideal in a test!!

Yeah, try bowling seam for a bit - top of off. I find the AI is more hesitant on smashing seamers than swinging balls. Also adjust your field - the presets are a bit rubbish for the shots the AI play so you might have to create your own fields.

Hi guys I get my game but I don't now how to sign in psn can anybody help me plz I can't replace teams plz help me thank you

Yeah, try bowling seam for a bit - top of off. I find the AI is more hesitant on smashing seamers than swinging balls. Also adjust your field - the presets are a bit rubbish for the shots the AI play so you might have to create your own fields.

Spot on mate started to get it going now and if you do bowl an in inswinger you got to start it outside off etc! Amazing detail!

Big controversy though, tremlett has got one to move away. Little nick umpire says no! On appeal it shows the sound and hotspot, however its turned down!

After closer look its a bottom edge and you cant tell if hes edged it into ground or not! Im none the wiser!!

Spot on mate started to get it going now and if you do bowl an in inswinger you got to start it outside off etc! Amazing detail!

Big controversy though, tremlett has got one to move away. Little nick umpire says no! On appeal it shows the sound and hotspot, however its turned down!

After closer look its a bottom edge and you cant tell if hes edged it into ground or not! Im none the wiser!!

Good to see you having fun with the game mate. I remember you being one of the first to have Ashes 09 and giving people minute by minute updates on the game......I guess this beats that game by miles.

Good to see you having fun with the game mate. I remember you being one of the first to have Ashes 09 and giving people minute by minute updates on the game......I guess this beats that game by miles.

I guess that is not a rhetorical question? Wealey, answer the man!

Ah mate its class, genuinly great fun! I have got Meaker swinging it round corners at the mo!

Although slightly worries as inswinger hits batsmen plum infront Biggs gives it, AI reviews! It hits inline and goes onto hit!

Yet decision is over turned? BARS seems a lil flawed at the mo?

This my first session v Durham!

I dropped a slip catch and another edge went through 3rd slip region!
BARS was a little dodge?

Batsmen played at a good tempo!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    918.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I managed to play a few games and I am blown away by the level of detail! Yes there are a few tweaks that need making but I love it!

I tip my cap to you fine fellows at bigant! :cheers

I'm going to have a hard time stop playing this one! :clap

i got this game on my xbox while my brother ordered it on his ps3. when i went to play this game on his ps3, the graphic were very sharp looking compared to xbox. did any1 else noticed that?

also please tell me, on my xbox i was able to find my created player and start career with him, but on ps3 cricket academy, my player doesn't appear. why is that? are the servers different for each console? if not, why my created player is not appearing. i searched many times with the same method as i used on my xbox.

thanks.

Did you get the game yet dutch? Haven't seen you posting anything.

Users who are viewing this thread