Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

If the Big Ant lads are online, have you noticed anything wrong with BARS?

Im having correct decisions overturned etc?

If the Big Ant lads are online, have you noticed anything wrong with BARS?

Im having correct decisions overturned etc?

We haven't but we are hearing reports of it.

It's being investigated, obviously doesn't happen all of the time, seems to ignore the umpires call occasionally from what is being reported.

I got the game. I'm playing Pakistan vs West Indies I won the toss and bat first my opening stand 80 runs than Nasir get out right now I'm 201/1 shahzad make hundred and maqsood on 53 that's best game ever I didn't found any bugs yet thank you big ant and Ross

Awesome game!! Thanks Ross and all the Big Ant team!! Just a quick question ive got DBC14 for the ps3 and ive noticed the game kind of lags or stutters when bowling especially when the bowling meter pops up? Any idea on how fix this?

We haven't but we are hearing reports of it.

It's being investigated, obviously doesn't happen all of the time, seems to ignore the umpires call occasionally from what is being reported.

I saw an odd one where I review what looked like a clear LBW decision (given not out) and they just watched the ball thunder into his pads a couple of times (no snicko, no hotspot, the bat miles away) and they didn't even bother going to hawkeye. Just said, nah, he's not out. It pitched in line, straightened and the height seemed good, it was't a no ball either. Apart from that it's been good.

I saw an odd one where I review what looked like a clear LBW decision (given not out) and they just watched the ball thunder into his pads a couple of times (no snicko, no hotspot, the bat miles away) and they didn't even bother going to hawkeye. Just said, nah, he's not out. It pitched in line, straightened and the height seemed good, it was't a no ball either. Apart from that it's been good.

I reviewed an edge hot spot showed it sniko showed it flew right up to the keeper but stayed not out. Rare though so may be hard to find.

Quick question for any of the Big Ant lads; I've noticed when batting (career mode) that the longer I stay in it seems to give the AI batter at the other end more "confidence" I cracked another 50 in an ODI before work this morning (brought it up with a six, [/brag]) and Victoria were down 3 wickets for not many when I came in, lost another one shortly after and then I was able to put on a 70 odd run partnership with Dan Christian until I then holed out in the deep attempting another six. After that, naturally, we crumbled and lost the match.

It was really cool to "put on a partnership" with the AI who seemed to constantly push me back on strike, because I was scoring reasonably well. So I tried a similar thing again next match, got to 20 off about 16 deliveries and sure enough, the AI stuck around with me and we again put on 50 odd run partnership before I was run out (ugh) on 37...

But the runs just seemed to flow from the AI once I was established and settled... Before when I didn't have a grasp of batting as well as I do now I seemed to lose partners quite regularly at the other end.

Is this just the dynamic AI batting at work, scripted randomness or just a chance situation I've had in a couple of games?

The sense of "stakes at play" is all encompassing the more I play, because I'm actually getting back to back scores of some quality now and part of that is working really hard to keep "the other guy" in for a period of time at the other end so I can get off strike and keep the runs flowing, especially in the shorter formats.

Quick question for any of the Big Ant lads; I've noticed when batting (career mode) that the longer I stay in it seems to give the AI batter at the other end more "confidence" I cracked another 50 in an ODI before work this morning (brought it up with a six, [/brag]) and Victoria were down 3 wickets for not many when I came in, lost another one shortly after and then I was able to put on a 70 odd run partnership with Dan Christian until I then holed out in the deep attempting another six. After that, naturally, we crumbled and lost the match.

It was really cool to "put on a partnership" with the AI who seemed to constantly push me back on strike, because I was scoring reasonably well. So I tried a similar thing again next match, got to 20 off about 16 deliveries and sure enough, the AI stuck around with me and we again put on 50 odd run partnership before I was run out (ugh) on 37...

But the runs just seemed to flow from the AI once I was established and settled... Before when I didn't have a grasp of batting as well as I do now I seemed to lose partners quite regularly at the other end.

Is this just the dynamic AI batting at work, scripted randomness or just a chance situation I've had in a couple of games?

The sense of "stakes at play" is all encompassing the more I play, because I'm actually getting back to back scores of some quality now and part of that is working really hard to keep "the other guy" in for a period of time at the other end so I can get off strike and keep the runs flowing, especially in the shorter formats.

That's how it is meant to work, the AI and yourself will gain confidence from sticking it out in the middle, and they will want to get you on strike if you've got your eye in, as you should do for them if they are scoring well. Once you've both been around awhile then the partnership will really take off.

The first patch will address many of the run out issues and other bugs. We are working out how to address the level of difficulty for the broader audience without killing what we have for the hard-core, any such change in difficulty will have to wait until the dust settles on this patch and will make it into patch#2 and the PC version.

Had an absolutely legitimate edge to 2nd slip (my preset has a 2'nd and a 4'th and a gully or something) last night. Considering I still get balls that bounce twice to the wicket keeper without being touched by the bat, I guess I managed to get great pace on it and timing was good.

Edges are all down to pace and the "release" timing being good to great, so I've discovered in my infrequent bowling. Half regretting not starting a career as a spinner but guess that's the replay factor!

Cheers for that @BigAntStudios, I'm constantly impressed by the layers and layers of complexity in career mode and the little things that just "work" are done so very well.

This game is amazing Ross! :thumbs

Where do I start? Well...started off with the tutorials, batting was fine as I've had plenty of practice in the nets but the bowling was tough (this is going to take time to master for sure). Decided to jump into a Test match on Amatuer difficulty, Zimbabwe (ME) v Bangladesh (AI).

Apologies for the poor quality...

VDX3qY0.jpg

So I scored a fifty in my first match! :cheers

Best part was when Sibanda was on 47 and I got hit right in front of the stumps, I was convinced that I was out but decided to review just out of hope seeing as I was so close to a half century. Turns out I got a little nick on the toe end of the bat and the decision was over turned! :thumbs

If I can get Sibanda to a century in my first match i'll be over the moon!

PS: I haven't experienced any bugs at all from those 32 overs of batting :)

Oh so you haven't got any ducks. I think you should move to pro :thumbs

Patch#2

That's how it is meant to work, the AI and yourself will gain confidence from sticking it out in the middle, and they will want to get you on strike if you've got your eye in, as you should do for them if they are scoring well. Once you've both been around awhile then the partnership will really take off.

The first patch will address many of the run out issues and other bugs. We are working out how to address the level of difficulty for the broader audience without killing what we have for the hard-core, any such change in difficulty will have to wait until the dust settles on this patch and will make it into patch#2 and the PC version.

Bring on Patch#2 Ross. I have had some minor other bugs but in comparison to the frustration being experienced with batting in career mode they don't compare. To maintain the current level of difficulty for the "hard-core", is it easy enough to simply create and option for footwork assistance in career mode? All else could remain the same? Probably easier said than done.

Ross, i'm asking just out of curiosity...the first patch will rectify stumping issues also right? Because wen i press back button the batsmen moves out of the crease and get in...also in spin bowling the keeper stumps me all the time wen i play aggressive and miss...:noway

I've noticed a weird graphical glitch where sometimes the ball will look like it's going through the ground as it heads to the point/square leg boundary. Also have some players throwing themselves through the advertising hordings and having half their bodies disappear (saw a lot of my balls get dispatched to the boundary yesterday... :( )

Users who are viewing this thread