Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Bring on Patch#2 Ross. I have had some minor other bugs but in comparison to the frustration being experienced with batting in career mode they don't compare. To maintain the current level of difficulty for the "hard-core", is it easy enough to simply create and option for footwork assistance in career mode? All else could remain the same? Probably easier said than done.

I would suggest please put more time in nets and then try some casual matches. I have been in similar situation earlier but now its seems quite balanced. Even though fielders and some run outs are still there but scoring has become quite fluent sitting with total 3 centuries and one 98 (1 in career and 2 in casual modes).

Yesterday my career player was full on and there had been massive hitting spree.:D In odi match scored century in 28 balls, out next ball. :eek: I played to my strengths mostly hitting sixes toward fine leg as I was batting on overs with fielding restriction. Once AI had put fielder on fine-leg long off was open so I started hitting there. Few shots I took some risk and hit those over the fielders as I wanted to cross the record for fastest century ( game or commentator in the game do not recognize this, can we have these kinds of achievements in patch or if not then next iteration @BigAntStudios).

Next ball after I reached century, I tried again but this time mid on fielder activated his super-powers and taken the catch between long on and deep mid-wicket boundary.

So I don't know how easy people want it once runout issue is gone and fielders are little bit balanced. :rolleyes

We haven't but we are hearing reports of it.

It's being investigated, obviously doesn't happen all of the time, seems to ignore the umpires call occasionally from what is being reported.

Cheers for the reply @BigAntStudios

On the two occasions it has happened, (my only two reviews) ironically. The edge was reffered hotspot shown still not out. However it may of bounced after the bottom edge so could live with that.

However dont know if this helps, but the LBW was right hander to right hander. Hawkeye shows up says hitting in line and going on to hit the stumps.

However the first segment says pitching outside line of off and is a different colour to the other two? So all 3 dont match!

Obviously pitching outside off has no relevence to the decision. Is it possibly the fact that all 3 didnt match the reason behind the out decision being overturned?

It treated pitching outside off as it would if it pitched outside leg!

Hope that helps! It swung back a mile though ;)

More Practise

I would suggest please put more time in nets and then try some casual matches. I have been in similar situation earlier but now its seems quite balanced. Even though fielders and some run outs are still there but scoring has become quite fluent sitting with total 3 centuries and one 98 (1 in career and 2 in casual modes).

Yesterday my career player was full on and there had been massive hitting spree.:D In odi match scored century in 28 balls, out next ball. :eek: I played to my strengths mostly hitting sixes toward fine leg as I was batting on overs with fielding restriction. Once AI had put fielder on fine-leg long off was open so I started hitting there. Few shots I took some risk and hit those over the fielders as I wanted to cross the record for fastest century ( game or commentator in the game do not recognize this, can we have these kinds of achievements in patch or if not then next iteration @BigAntStudios).

Next ball after I reached century, I tried again but this time mid on fielder activated his super-powers and taken the catch between long on and deep mid-wicket boundary.

So I don't know how easy people want it once runout issue is gone and fielders are little bit balanced. :rolleyes

Thanks mate, you are probably right. It just requires a bit more time and practise however I don't see the option of "footwork assistance" in career mode detracting from your game play. As you simply wouldn't use it.

Having said that I will try playing to my strengths as you have suggested.

Thanks mate, you are probably right. It just requires a bit more time and practise however I don't see the option of "footwork assistance" in career mode detracting from your game play. As you simply wouldn't use it.

Having said that I will try playing to my strengths as you have suggested.

Still my average sucks in career ( FC 12 -highest 71, ODI 27 - highest 104 at the end of season 1) as I got hang of batting just 3-4 days back and many times I am still getting out with low scores. But its same real cricket which is very unpredictable so I take it in stride. May be I need more patience or keep on saying every dog has its day :lol

Last edited:
An update on my current Test Match. Zimbabwe (Me) v Bangladesh (AI) on Amatuer.

hSzxPuH.jpg

Sibanda never made his century :noway Got out to an absolute beauty from Razzak who bowled very well as his figures show. The tail didn't put up much of a fight unfortunately.

My first shot at bowling...

LS6a0Ka.jpg

I found bowling difficult for the first 2-3 overs and then after that I easily got the hang of it. I prefer spin bowling to pace bowling, I find it a lot easier to control and I picked up 5 wickets with Utseya :thumbs

Match summary:

xycWr7E.jpg

Well as you can see i'm in a very strong position and i'm confident i'll win. Bowling on Amatuer is easy in my opinion but batting is a challenge so when I make the step up to Pro in my next match it will be interesting to see how I do.

PS: Best. Game. Ever. :yes

I have reached tea on day 1 of Surrey v Durham and they have dogged it out to 203/8 off 56 overs.

8th wicket partnership of 50 started to frustrate me before Meaker got Breese to snick off second to last ball of session.

Such a faint inside edge ball just tailing back in!!

Great fun!

An update on my current Test Match. Zimbabwe (Me) v Bangladesh (AI) on Amatuer.

hSzxPuH.jpg

Sibanda never made his century :noway Got out to an absolute beauty from Razzak who bowled very well as his figures show. The tail didn't put up much of a fight unfortunately.

My first shot at bowling...

LS6a0Ka.jpg

I found bowling difficult for the first 2-3 overs and then after that I easily got the hang of it. I prefer spin bowling to pace bowling, I find it a lot easier to control and I picked up 5 wickets with Utseya :thumbs

Match summary:

xycWr7E.jpg

Well as you can see i'm in a very strong position and i'm confident i'll win. Bowling on Amatuer is easy in my opinion but batting is a challenge so when I make the step up to Pro in my next match it will be interesting to see how I do.

PS: Best. Game. Ever. :yes

In my two games last night I really struggled with spin bowling and batting at first but I soon got the hang of them. So I got a little too overconfident and upped the level to Pro. I'm ashamed to say I was bowled out for a duck on the first ball! I'm looking forward to playing some more but I have loved my experience so far but I'm definitely going to hold off starting a career until the patch has dropped! Well done to all at Bigant for giving us the cricket game we've always wanted. :thumbs

Did anyone bowl a no-ball with a spinner?

How much do you want to bet?

well you proved the point wonderfully...I was wondering whether Ross and his merrymen were drunk yet at their DB 14 birthday bash......

Yeah i know i was being a smartass. Do you have the game yet Dutch it's very good.:thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread