Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Whats your overal impression of the game after playing around for while?

Personally I love it. This is pretty much my first game on Pro.

Durham's innings was perfectly paced at about 3.5. Ball was swinging beating the outside edge and just spinning past the stumps etc.

People do not underestimate how important it is to shine the ball. Got a couple of good clips on my phone of the ball swinging and catching the edge to the keeper but don't know how to get them on here?

Just got rolled over for 80 but avoided the follow on, so Durham are back in before lunch on Day 2.

So far I have not been run out as I just press 0 to get back into the crease.

87 all out after 17.5 overs

im bowling with them at 18-0 of 1.4 overs not looking good :yes

In my two games last night I really struggled with spin bowling and batting at first but I soon got the hang of them.

Lucky you. I'm still in tutorial mode trying not to spray the ball down legside or take all the spin off. This is before I worry about bowling "good" balls :D

Lucky you. I'm still in tutorial mode trying not to spray the ball down legside or take all the spin off. This is before I worry about bowling "good" balls :D

Don't get me wrong I actually had my controller taken off me by my lovely wife for having "a face like thunder!" at one point! ;)

Got hold of the game yesterday evening for an hour. Managed 109 all out with Warwickshire in a three day game vs Kent.

Wife just text me to say she has just won her first game on amateur beating Pakistan in a 55 over game getting 247/7 batting second.

Looks like I am in for a humiliation when I play her this evening!! :lol

Got hold of the game yesterday evening for an hour. Managed 109 all out with Warwickshire in a three day game vs Kent.

Wife just text me to say she has just won her first game on amateur beating Pakistan in a 55 over game getting 247/7 batting second.

Looks like I am in for a humiliation when I play her this evening!! :lol

Shouldn't you be used to that ;)

Durham: 230 All Out & 28/1 off 10 Overs
Surrey:80 All Out

Sedate start to Durham's second innings Meaker getting the breakthrough with a pacey in swinger which just takes the inside edge through to the keeper.

The edges in this game really are lovely!

Can Surrey get anything from this!

I think what was confusing me was the release input bar (no mention of it in the tutorial).
I've been trying to toss it up outside off and spin it in but instead my bowler just pitches it on middle and spins it down the legside.

I found spin much easier yesterday with Essex (although for some reason David Masters is a medium pace trundler so my attack was a bit lightweight). I could get some proper rip across the right-handers bowling from over the wicket with Monty although the rev meter seldom went above 400...

Lunch Day 2

Durham: 40/2 off 19

Surrey have got Durham scratching around all over the place. Tremlett has been spot on and got Borthwick to nick off!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
First game - little 5 over blast.

I scored 31/6 which I was sure wouldn't be enough. 12 needed off the final over.

Dot, 4, No Ball 4, Free hit..

Scraped home by 1 run :D

My first online game quite jerky some warping around disconnect as i was about to chase 88 to win :noway

I'm finding an issue where the bowler always stands in front of the stumps when a fielder is trying to hit them. So the bowler always collects the ball and takes an age to knock over the stumps which always results in the batsman making it back in the crease.

Users who are viewing this thread