Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

If you're aggressive by nature then you need to tone it down. We have enough members to not worry about losing ones who are just going to start arguments.

I didn't think the graphics were that bad to be honest yes there not up there with the fifas and nbas but look at there budget as for jerky animation I'm beginning to think this is a ps3 thing because I have now seen 3 complaints now and all have been from ps3 users but I don't have any on my xbox

The graphics are pretty poor especially at the end of a consoles life cycle. Not a major deal but don't give me that argument about the budget being small, the game here costs more than 2k14 or fifa on xbox one ps4 or the previous Gen consoles. It's prices to compete with those titles so it's only far to compare to those titles, if this were a cheaper game it could get a pass but it isn't. Like I said I was surprised by the graphics, screen tearing and por animation at first and felt abit let down but if they fix up the bugs and adjust the game play those don't ruin the game for me

The graphics are pretty poor especially at the end of a consoles life cycle. Not a major deal but don't give me that argument about the budget being small, the game here costs more than 2k14 or fifa on xbox one ps4 or the previous Gen consoles. It's prices to compete with those titles so it's only far to compare to those titles, if this were a cheaper game it could get a pass but it isn't. Like I said I was surprised by the graphics, screen tearing and por animation at first and felt abit let down but if they fix up the bugs and adjust the game play those don't ruin the game for me

Yeah I definitely agree with the way it was priced to compete with those titles and I was surprised by that myself my point was there budget to make the game compared to the big companies is so much different.

Deletin' posts is such a bitch move...so is wantin' to ban come to think of it, thanks for the pm though Dutch...you the man!

Comment on Gameplay

I love the game overall., everyone knows this is the best cricket game .

But a few things that I want to point out based on 6-7 hours of playing time
No major complains but i have these observations

1. Field Settings from AI are very poor.
In more than 2 matches in Tests, I was playing a test against India , The AI had placed no one in the circle saving a single on the off side . All the fielders were on boundary on the off side. and it was well in side the first 10 overs and I had lost 1 wkt only.. and a spinner bowling ( which is ok as the indians do use spinners early )

2. The umpires are too strict on wides in the tests, Balls that were outside the leg side were given wides as if its was an ODI or t20 ..

3. When you change the field settings and edit it , the system should save it automatically as a custom PRESET field setting ..

4. I could not see the off spinner turning big when they bowled off breaks and leggies bowling bigger leg breaks.. I have a feeling that it doent make any difference whether the an off break bowler ( e.g hafeez/ ajmal) is bowling or a leggie ( e.g. mishra / afridi) . Only the animation is different but the ability to turn remains the same.. what i mean to say is that an off spinner should get more turn when he bowls an off break and leg spinner shud get more turn when a leg break is bowled.

5. Seeing the ball turn is also a great sight , bowling is really enjoyable in this game , so I want to see the ball turn a lot more for highly skilled spinners

6. the decision on whether to play on the front foot or back foot is very difficult to make against the fast bowlers in the short time ..any tips?

I love the game overall., everyone knows this is the best cricket game .

But a few things that I want to point out based on 6-7 hours of playing time
No major complains but i have these observations

3. When you change the field settings and edit it , the system should save it automatically as a custom PRESET field setting ..

6. the decision on whether to play on the front foot or back foot is very difficult to make against the fast bowlers in the short time ..any tips?

3. would be great. Really nice improvement.

6. Just premeditate front foot. You can play all around the wicket from the front. Although leg is much easier because they bowl there a lot and you dont need any lateral footwork.

I only play front foot...you can pull off there so yeah, never go back and it seems to work.

But what would I know, right Dutch?

I only play front foot...you can pull off there so yeah, never go back and it seems to work.

But what would I know, right Dutch?

Sigh. Just state your opinion mate. Fine. Doesnt matter whether I think you are right or not. Just state your opinion or be helpful or whatever. Stop dragging things that dont belong in your posts into them. And just leave me out of it. if i need to interject, dont worry, you'll know.

It is an historic moment - I am loading up the game for the first time.

I think, at the start, when it prompts me to download the 'highest rated' teams made by users, is a very good idea that will sidestep the license people. Good stuff.

Got the game yesterday and played it for four hours. First impressions are its freeking amazing. Was a bit worried when I saw all the post in the bugs/problems thread, but the two big gripes for me: Superhuman fielding and finding it hard to spot fielders will be fixed soon.

First game on Amateur difficulty I was England in the 2005 ashes and Pietersen scored a 50 with McGrath getting a hatrick, absolutely loved it. .

was that my 05 teams @superfreddie?

Users who are viewing this thread