Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Just played one game so far. The issued others mentioned like run out, super fielders and direct throws hitting was all present in that one match and not going to cry about those. Only thing I will add is, the bowler catches almost every straight drive lol. Had to stop playing straight drive.

Anyway, First match in pro, As kills me in batting. Scores 123/2 in 10 overs.

My turn, start fantastically. But kept losing wickets until the 7th wicket partnership amassed 76 runs in probably 20 odd balls. Took the stance on off stump and kept hitting everything for 4 and 6 over leg even after AI put 3 fielders there. Needed only 27 in the last 2 overs and lose one wicket. Then the tailenders just ducked in batting plus the run out issue cropped up. Anyway f. Behardin got stuck on 49 not out. :(

Attachments

• IMAG0044.jpg
    IMAG0044.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    597.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0046.jpg
    IMAG0046.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Aside from talking about gameplay, I absolutely loved the Don Bradman History section. Some of those pictures are really interesting and ones I've never seen before. And sitting down and reading the scorecards and descriptions properly is really fascinating.

That and the credits is a great tribute.

Finally got this yesterday and my oh my what a game so far, I started off in a practice match and tried to get use to the controls, nothing at all like ive ever experienced, fast bowling was fine, I struggled with spin however couldn't quite work out the spinning part with the release, batting took ages to get used to and I got bowled and LBW'd a bit but finally started to hit a few.

Started a career and failed with the bat in the first innings with a golden duck trying to block but nicked it behind, we then bowled and i got my debut wicket with a plumb LBW felt so happy, finished with 3-36 my second batting innings was better but not by much lasted 16 balls for only 4 runs, i was blocking better and leaving some good balls. We lost the first match and started a second where i couldn't get a wicket at all in the first innings but bowled pretty tight with some chances getting missed like a catch and what i thought was a faint edge, i then scored my highest runs with 10 off 32 with a blinding 4 and some good singles, my second innings with the ball was quite again but managed a wicket and a catch in the field, while my second batting innings was a failure and only manage 2 runs before running myself out.

Overall im really happy with the challenge the game throws and am looking forward to future patches to fix minor issues and really getting more in depth with this game.

Great work Big Ant, pat yourself on the back!

Played my second match as saf vs aus(in pro i think, Not sure if i changed the difficulty or not) . But anyway, scored 174 in 10 overs with kallis hitting a 24 ball century 105* in the last ball of the innings. AI scored 112/7. Going to make sure tomorrow i am playing in pro mode.

Had a strange game earlier today, got bowled by a fast bowler and nothing happened and no call to umpire just nothing and i was happy about it but i only lasted a few more balls.:D

Also i got a no ball bowling spin, first time and i am glad i did not put money on that right Ross.;)

I am also scoring more 200 totals in tests on pro, my average has gone up from 120 to a 150 so i know i am improving. Just need to turn those 40s into 50s and a ton.:(

How did you manage that??????????????

I don't know as i thought i was in the green, i think Ross knows the secret.:spy

PS Also had the AI edge a ball though third man for 4, almost had a heart attack as i have only seen the odd one run. They are in the game as we all new just not a enough.

Championes Championes Ole Ole Ole!

kem4xct.jpg

EDIT: I was really surprised when this happened. The game switched to it's view of the field and I could see some strange red thing and I thought it was a glitch or something but then it cut towards the celebration scene :lol

Last edited:
If you want to know what tense means, here is an example.

In my career, I play for Essex. Having posted 221 all out from 49 overs against the Netherlands, we got them 9 down. At the time they needed 50 runs from 10 overs.

Then the bloody umpires take us off for rain!

The match was reduced to 46 overs and so the Dutch go hitting it about until a catch is taken in the deep and Essex beat both the batsmen and the weather to win by 34 runs.

This game is so good. I was playing test match India (Me) vs Newzeland (AI). I was batting well and got to 26/0 in 8 overs. then one lapse in concentration costs me a wicket. have to start rebuilding again.

I got frustrated and it is the best part of this game :). This is in Pro difficulty.

Test Match on Veteran

India v Sri Lanka

Sri Lankan's digging and playing very watchfully after i was bundled out for 150!

AI not giving me a sniff at the moment!

India 157 All Out

Sri Lanka 132/2 after 44 overs

I also dint appeal for an edge down leg side which apparently according to commentators i was silly not too!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread