Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Today played T10 in veteran level and found batting really easier than Pro...Scored 70 all out in Pro and 98 in Veteran...Was able to play grounded shots very well...Placing the ball to the area I wanted was very easily doable in veteran than pro...I think there is some sort of batting assist in Pro as the batsman doesn't play in the area where I place the ball most of the times [for me]..Played a shot towards square leg but the batsman played straight drive...

Loved batting on veteran level ..Felt very real other than a few superman catches...:)

Does anyone else find this? You give a plausible explanation for it, regarding the batting assist.

Do you find it possible to pay the ball on the front foot through mid wicket? I found there was no-middle ground between leg glances to square leg and behind and on drives to mid on. I've only played on pro and amateur though.

Does anyone else find this? You give a plausible explanation for it, regarding the batting assist.

Do you find it possible to pay the ball on the front foot through mid wicket? I found there was no-middle ground between leg glances to square leg and behind and on drives to mid on. I've only played on pro and amateur though.

Can't say for Veteran but batting on 'Legend' is way tougher than batting on 'PRO'. You will lose bunch of wkts as you accidentally press up & left or up & right instead of up on left stick, and same thing for back-foot where you accidentally press down & left or down & right in place of down. You will end up missing the delivery and get bowled or LBW.

So be it, but if you let the current "fatigue' issue remain, offline Tests would be unplayable. Plus you would be taking out one of the most interesting facets of the game, i.e., fast bowling. At the moment, fast bowlers cannot retain their pace for more than 2-3 overs. Try playing a test match with 3 quicks in the team, which are essentially made redundant in a session and you will get the gist.

It was in reference to patch#1 that I was posting, we know we need to fix it for patch#2, I just didn't want to rush it into patch#1 and not have time to test it well.

So be it, but if you let the current "fatigue' issue remain, offline Tests would be unplayable. Plus you would be taking out one of the most interesting facets of the game, i.e., fast bowling. At the moment, fast bowlers cannot retain their pace for more than 2-3 overs. Try playing a test match with 3 quicks in the team, which are essentially made redundant in a session and you will get the gist.

Do you really think that quicks, even at a slower pace, are redundant?

It's an honest question. I've never played a test match yet.

You should try legend

I have played after 2 matches in veteran...

[Posted this in IVG forum]
Very happy with my improvement in Legend level...Played a T20 between Aus and Pak... Batted first and got 168 with Watson scoring 65...But the AI batting is very poor and they get out very easily...Got them all out for 86.:)

Even after batting well in legend level I am finding batting on Pro difficult...

----------

I have never scored in mid wicket on pro ever...But I am very very comfortable playing at legend...I play all over the ground...Mid wicket shots are playable when the timing is right and the length of the ball also matters...The ball physics is pretty much real...So the shot placement is very important....And I am able to do that in legend level...But not scoring much in Pro level career...:(

It was in reference to patch#1 that I was posting, we know we need to fix it for patch#2, I just didn't want to rush it into patch#1 and not have time to test it well.

In that case we are on the same page.

Do you really think that quicks, even at a slower pace, are redundant?
It's an honest question. I've never played a test match yet.

I would say it's not fun to struggle to get your pacers bowl above 110 kph after some time. They may still pick up wkts but I want to zip the ball across batsmen and hurry them with a bouncer. You can't do so once pacers have bowled a few overs. But overall I found spinners to be much more effective and I picked most of the wkts using spinners.

Not even remotely similar experience for me. Batting on veteran is as expected, much harder than on pro (which is already really hard)

Then why do my teammates shout it when I've completely messed up in the field?

Probably not to make you get bogged down over it.

A bit like someone saying 'unlucky mate' or 'nice try', or 'don't worry about it'

Probably not to make you get bogged down over it.

A bit like someone saying 'unlucky mate' or 'nice try', or 'don't worry about it'

Perhaps. But I've very rarely heard anyone saying any of those things after a mistake on the cricket field...

Something which i love about this game is when a batsmen hits the ball on to the close fielder and another fielder or even the bowler catches the ball of the rebound.its lovely to see. superb bigant.

Something which i love about this game is when a batsmen hits the ball on to the close fielder and another fielder or even the bowler catches the ball of the rebound.its lovely to see. superb bigant.

Sarcasm?

Users who are viewing this thread