Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Why sarcasm? That was the hardest scripted randomness of all to implement.

I bet.

I've had that a few times in various random ways. It's not like it's scripted but it's also not like it happens in real life. Maybe the players flesh is too bouncy lol.

I got bowled by a bouncer that hit me right on the melon today. Never seen that before either.

I really like the physics for the most part though. Makes quite a big difference to the feel of the whole game.

Finally got the game today :)

I was holding on for the 2nd patch, but buckled under the pressure of wanting to play.

Initial thoughts are very good, spent my first hour in the nets getting used to the controls, as I'd not been able to practice on my laptop before hand, didnt take me long to pick up the basics for both batting and bowling.

Big Ant really do have the controls spot on for me! although I'm finding it hard to spin the ball, help ???

Really enjoying it so far, even had a quick blast online, struggled to find someone to play, but when I did it was playable for the 6 overs we got in before a disconnection , seen a few edges as well in the little time I've been playing.

Overall very pleased with the game and believe me I'm no happy clapper

The biggest fault I have seen so far it the A1 taking suicide runs, no matter what the match situation is, and the well known issue with super fielders, specially catching a ball the has already past them.

Not going to touch career mode until the second patch is done.

Great Job to all involved in bringing us this game.

PSN ID: jaynffc

My best tip for spin - slow down. I count it out and pretty much take a second for each revolution.

I don't bowl spin much because I mostly play career with a pace bowler, but I can get good revs.

Career mode: Legend Difficulty..
I feel the main difference in Pro and legend level is that...The balls which AI used to play in the air are grounded in legend level making it harder to get wickets[which is nice]....Same is with Batting as well...The shots that I have played in the air are grounded rather than going in the air other than the wrong shot selection...

I am not really experiencing that. AI still play many shots in the air for many of my wickets

Tried setting all batsman mentality to conservative or precise but still they go aerial from the off and play reverse sweeps/scoops even in 4day games

I am not really experiencing that. AI still play many shots in the air for many of my wickets

Tried setting all batsman mentality to conservative or precise but still they go aerial from the off and play reverse sweeps/scoops even in 4day games

For AI doesnt reverse sweep me...Would have happened 4-5 times max...

Seems like people are finding that doesn't do much.

Why sarcasm? That was the hardest scripted randomness of all to implement.

Something that you might want to look at , is the 2 silly close catching fielders stopping anything that hit into them. Maybe implement a certain "pass through" percentage , as currently they are an effective run saving position , without ever getting injured. With them there certain angles are now cut out.

Something that you might want to look at , is the 2 silly close catching fielders stopping anything that hit into them. Maybe implement a certain "pass through" percentage , as currently they are an effective run saving position , without ever getting injured. With them there certain angles are now cut out.

Simpler solution is to allow editing of default fields, then can ensure AI never has such unrealistic fields

I'd love to see the ability to share comps and custom fields in CA. Saves everyone making the same thing and those who just want to pick up and play could download fields (like how EA allow playbooks to be shared in Madden)

Fair enough

No easy answer other than removing those fielding positions from the editor

Career mode: Legend Difficulty..
I feel the main difference in Pro and legend level is that...The balls which AI used to play in the air are grounded in legend level making it harder to get wickets[which is nice]....Same is with Batting as well...The shots that I have played in the air are grounded rather than going in the air other than the wrong shot selection...

AI batsmen still get out hitting shots in the air to outfielders. I haven't seen much difference across difficulty levels other than that on Legend they score a bit more (not a lot) and get out the same way, i.e. slogging in the air.

Problem is , I`m playing online against guys that sets these close catchers up as Stone Walls ...... Nothing gets past them....

The best option to stop folks from cheesing is to only allow preset fields for online games, else people will find a way to exploit the game. There are already enough preset fields so let people find a strategy around those fields rather than come up with a field where they have a bunch of close-in fielders which block all the shots.

Users who are viewing this thread