Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

So it was not pro, there is a big difference between these two levels.
Well yeah, pro is where footwork starts to be required - so hitting big shots would be instantly much harder than on amateur where it is done for you.

Surprised he got used to spin so quickly though :eek:

Just a few notes:

- The game asks you if you want to update the best teams from Cricket Academy and that takes a while on first run. No issues there.
- I had an on ground training session and learn spin and fast bowling as well as fielding. Already knew batting thanks to cricket academy on PC. Took around 20 - 25 minutes to get used to all controls but you still need to play in match to get really used to them.
- I wanted to raise the difficult level but I did not. I wanted to see how easy amateur is and then go up. I'll do that for my next match tonight before writing the review.
- I played in Melbourne and it was recreated really well!
- The commentary is really good. I've played games from Cricket 97 to all Brian Lara/International Cricket and EA cricket versions. This commentary was a breath of fresh air. The commentators know what's happening but it's not scripted. They tell you that the shot is good but the boundary is only confirmed IF it happens. They know when your batting is collapsing and speak accordingly. If you're hitting consecutive boundaries, they exclaim that there is YET another six! Also, they know when a lose delivery was missed. Of course, there are issues such as a wide ball down the leg side was called as 'beaten outside off'.

Also, I had a Bhatti on batting, played a shot and Maqsood was out of the crease ( the non strikers do that a lot to take quick runs and you have to save them by getting them back in the crease ). Maqsood got run out and the commentators said Bhatti got out while he was near his 50. Maqsood was nearing his 50 not Bhatti.

Also, they go quiet during the umpire challenges. I wish they would at least say something like missing the stump or pitching in line.

- Play a straight shot and the batsman ducks quickly to avoid getting hit!

- Umar Gul dropped a caught (no surprises there) and bowled chance and it was just a delight to see the animation!

- Replays are really good. I mean really, really good. BUT they cut off too soon in certain situations. Sometimes I couldn't see the ball going in the hands of the fielder in the deep. Replays are one of the best parts of playing but BigAntStudios really need to improve them as you are sometimes left wondering what happened. Too much focus is on the batsman so you never miss the shot. But you certainly miss the action in the field.

- Bowling is amazing! I loved spin bowling. Fast bowling is equally good. I haven't gotten the hang of either yet but they really make taking wickets worth it. BigAntStudios should add some sort of display for single player matches to show what kind of ball you would deliver for spinners though. It's not really obvious (apart from leg spin/off spin) where the ball would turn. I had practiced and still didn't remember.

- I got 2 stumpings via spinners. It might sound crazy but I shouted in excitement both times. It was SO worth it and you can feel you out did the batsman! Also, the replays for stump outs are different than the rest.

- Pakistan dropped too many catches initially but caught many later. I think who ever created the best team needs to improve fielding slightly. Not much, only slightly :P

- I played a shot off a bouncer that was above head height. Freaking awesome! But the game doesn't know when to call the bouncer a wide when it's above head height.

- The Ai bowlers ball too much on the leg side. TOO MUCH. SERIOUSLY. I scored so many sixes on fine leg, it isn't even funny.

Ok, this is a lot for now guys. I'll catch you all again tonight. Of course, I'll play on a further difficulty level later for the review.

Dude....try playing the next match on Veteran difficulty. That will give you a decent perspective before writing the review :D!

@imhassan thanks for the shop name did wonders for me.

image_1.jpg

photo_1.jpg

Never had such personalized service. Delivery guy delivered the game disk with in 40 mins of order to my cousin who was in restaurant (in dubai) free of cost and he posted me the disk using DHL Express.

I guess I will be able to play it on 2nd or 3rd.

@imhassan, are the difficulty levels Rookie, Amateur, Pro, Veteran and Legend in the game?

I think most of the issues like the ai bowling on leg side would solve at higher levels.

What I am worried about is the over head deliveries not being detected

Imhassan, you can replay in the options anytime so i don't think there will be a problem there. I am one jealous man. Lucky man.:(

Just a few notes:
- The commentary is really good. I've played games from Cricket 97 to all Brian Lara/International Cricket and EA cricket versions. This commentary was a breath of fresh air. The commentators know what's happening but it's not scripted. They tell you that the shot is good but the boundary is only confirmed IF it happens. They know when your batting is collapsing and speak accordingly. If you're hitting consecutive boundaries, they exclaim that there is YET another six! Also, they know when a lose delivery was missed. Of course, there are issues such as a wide ball down the leg side was called as 'beaten outside off'.

Big Ant said that that was their weak point; so very nice to hear that it is competent.

Oh and also, can you view each teams full scorecard after the match instead of just the summary? and bowling stats etc?

Thanks for the vids and photos mate, was definitely worth staying up until 2am waiting for you! haha :thumbs :cheers

You are playing as Pak or India? Amazed if AI would have gone for review there.

Nice videos of first look!

Users who are viewing this thread