Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Here is the half century celebration: Instagram

There is also a 50 partnership celebration where the batsmen meet in the middle of the pitch for a fist bump. Haven't been able to record that yet.

I think test matches are my favorite for now..

Hassan how is test match going any feedback score sheets ?? How AI works in test situation.

Matt, probably explains why you didn't get a bowl when playing career mode back in November at the play session??
I don't think it does as I would have swapped for a number 11, and did get to see that my stats were normal for a bowler in the menus.

Kinda surprised however that despite all the attention on me not getting a bowl in those videos, that there would end up being an issue with the selection of bowlers in career mode, even if it's not the same one.

I can fully trust that it'll be fixed. I think most could still enjoy career mode just fine with the issue.

No no. Forget about the previous games. Bowling is a lot of fun. And, this is coming from a guy who used to simulate bowling in previous games. The 2nd T20 I played, I won the toss and selected bowling, not necessarily because of the pitch but because I enjoyed bowling the complete 20 overs so much in the first.

Almost everyone who has played the game so far has made a comment on how good bowling feels in the game. It really must be quite good based on the feedback I have heard!

I don't think it does as I would have swapped for a number 11, and did get to see that my stats were normal for a bowler in the menus.

Kinda surprised however that despite all the attention on me not getting a bowl in those videos, that there would end up being an issue with the selection of bowlers in career mode, even if it's not the same one.

I can fully trust that it'll be fixed. I think most could still enjoy career mode just fine with the issue.

I checked the examples from earlier and they kinda make sense.

Hogan was "fake-linked" (technical term) to Marcus Harris who is a batsmen. Behrendorff was "fake-linked" to Bancroft who is a batsmen.

Ryan Carters was fake-linked to Pat Cummins (fully explains why he was bowling). Peter Nevill was fake linked to Nic Maddinson...which is still a bit odd. Hopefully Fake-Maddinson bowling was just a result of the whole thing being thrown off.

So how hard would reshuffling the team orders be to workaround the problem?

Before Thursday at 10:30am would be great ;)

How come us a us aussies have to wait for this game an the rest of the world have it already An it was made here in Melbourne

This is BigAnts way of rewarding you guys for the tremendous performance in WT20. Oh Wait. :p

How come us a us aussies have to wait for this game an the rest of the world have it already An it was made here in Melbourne

It was supposed to be the same date worldwide (except UK) but the street date was broken in some regions and hence you see some lucky ones getting the game early.

53 off 14? I hope that is the lowest difficulty level?

Most likely.

Hassan how is test match going any feedback score sheets ?? How AI works in test situation.

Career mode videos showing the long domestic formats so far look promising as far as realistic scoring goes. No videos have shown legend difficulty, but I think there has been enough proof that AI really do bat in adherence to the format.

The old play session video featuring MattW was done in rookie level, and showed that the AI play ridiculously stupid, meaning that they would be more aggressive and foolish with their batting and bowling.

In recent career mode videos played in 'pro' mode, showed more realistic scorecards because the batsman played with more care to their wicket.

I checked the examples from earlier and they kinda make sense.

Hogan was "fake-linked" (technical term) to Marcus Harris who is a batsmen. Behrendorff was "fake-linked" to Bancroft who is a batsmen.

Ryan Carters was fake-linked to Pat Cummins (fully explains why he was bowling). Peter Nevill was fake linked to Nic Maddinson...which is still a bit odd. Hopefully Fake-Maddinson bowling was just a result of the whole thing being thrown off.

So are you guessing that it wouldn't be an issue with international teams where there would need to be less "fake-links?" I hope that is the case as I can live with the state scene not being right, but once you make it to the international levels I'd consider it a real killer.

Hopefully Fake-Maddinson bowling was just a result of the whole thing being thrown off.

Definitely possible. The batting lineups are correct, and hence it is possibly to randomly have 11 guys where only say 2 are actually bowlers. Part-timers like 'Fake Maddinson' therefore may have to bowl.

So how hard would reshuffling the team orders be to workaround the problem?

Before Thursday at 10:30am would be great ;)

Given that I can't re-arrange the alphabet, it would mean having outdated rosters (e.g Travis Birt would need to be part of the WA roster because his link is part of the On-Disc WA team, but not part of the real life WA team).

It'll be interesting to see what happens who they add as new linkable players and what impact that has.

Most likely.

Career mode videos showing the long domestic formats so far look promising as far as realistic scoring goes. No videos have shown legend difficulty, but I think there has been enough proof that AI really do bat in adherence to the format.

The old play session video featuring MattW was done in rookie level, and showed that the AI play ridiculously stupid, meaning that they would be more aggressive and foolish with their batting and bowling.

In recent career mode videos played in 'pro' mode, showed more realistic scorecards because the batsman played with more care to their wicket.

The career mode videos generally feature simulated scores, or the wicket-keeper one which is effectively a simulation since the keeper barely does anything.

The only true test of the AI's ability to adhere to the format will be against pure human bowling. This is why I'd love to see 10 overs of a human vs AI game, no career mode.

Also it's hard to judge the career mode since the opening batsman may have rubbish statistics due to the linking issue.

Users who are viewing this thread