Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

So are you guessing that it wouldn't be an issue with international teams where there would need to be less "fake-links?" I hope that is the case as I can live with the state scene not being right, but once you make it to the international levels I'd consider it a real killer.

I imagine it would impact the international sides exactly the same way, especially as the original on-disc teams are quite different to the teams being uploaded now (e.g. any Australian teams being uploaded now would probably have Muirhead, Hogg, Hodge, Doolan etc - those guys alone would cause a 'shift' in the roster order and mean potential problems).

They've assured us though that it is only in career mode that this happens.

So I will be ill-advised to download the teams today when I insert the blue ray for first time in my PS 3? I guess I should wait for the patch and should look to play a few game against AI with the teams provided in the game.

It all comes down to one question - In CAREER MODE, how much do you care about the 'correct' players being good at batting and the 'correct' players being good at bowling?

According to Big Ant, if you download the teams and use them in anything other than career mode, you won't encounter this problem. It really comes down to how accurate you want the Career Mode experience to be.

I for one will be downloading all the teams and just playing modes other than Career Mode.

I'd stay away from the Career Mode till this problem is resolved. I know there would be plenty more there to keep me busy. A long tour of Australia while playing as India should be fine ;)

The Career mode is why I want the game so I am a torn man at the moment. To download or not to download...Is their maybe any idea of how long till we get a patch for this?

Its just a problem with linking correct players. You can wait for the creators to fix the teams or spend some time to do it yourself if you want to start career early.

Id always thought id give my initial career mode playthrough a go with the on-disc teams first anyway. I am not worthy to mix it with real players.
:noway

IMO career mode is currently only playable WITHOUT downloading the players. If you download the players it isn't just aesthetic, because the lineups are set according to the names. This means that you'll still have Chris Rogers and (insert Victorian opening batsman here) open the batting, but possibly with horrendous skills. You could also have "batsmen" at number 11, scoring centuries. We saw that in one of the videos posted. The whole line up balance is out of whack.

Not just the order, but since the players are essentially randomly linked with the squad, there is no guarantee of having a good mix of players, e.g. 4 bowlers, 6 batsmen and a keeper.

We'll need Ross and HBK to give some more clarification regarding this so that creators can fix the teams correctly. Without their help, it may take a lot of time.

We'll need Ross and HBK to give some more clarification regarding this so that creators can fix the teams correctly. Without their help, it may take a lot of time.

By 'fixing' the teams for Career mode, we're basically making them outdated. It would mean replicating the original on-disc teams which

- can include players that aren't part of the team anymore
- would exclude players that don't have an on-disc equivalent (e.g. Fawad Ahmed for Victoria)

I have complete faith that they'll think of a solution.

The career mode issue does not effect gameplay at all, your team have the skills we wanted them to have as an equalisation policy for the leaderboards and to make sure all people

We are to normalise the data in a similar fashion to what MattW suggested but there's no reason not to start a career mode now.

The career mode issue does not effect gameplay at all, your team have the skills we wanted them to have as an equalisation policy for the leaderboards and to make sure all people

We are to normalise the data in a similar fashion to what MattW suggested but there's no reason not to start a career mode now.

So for those who wish to start their careers in India, would you advise them to replace the English or Aussie domestic season with indian and start or they should wait for the patch? Is there gonna be anything other than this in patch regarding career.

But what about the issue I mentioned where if you link teams you can have essentially bowlers opening the batting and batsman at number 11? I think that is a bigger issue than having Ryan Carters and Phil Neville bowling, as those are just names and faces.

I have no issue with balancing teams but this is different.

Yeh so that Career Mode attributes/linking issue is fairly obvious in those two career mode videos. It really does need a fix, just not sure how it can be done if they want to keep standardised attributes.

Maybe two leader boards?

1 = using default teams with standardised attributes to get good indication of how good everyone is doing

2 = using downloaded teams with attributes as per the creators - the leader board for this option is basically meaningless?

I would obviously use option 2 as want to play career mode for my own enjoyment and not bothered about how it ranks against rest of world

Eh, and another bug. My fast bowling all-rounder has been averaging around ~ 7 ish per wicket with an awesome economy rate, picked up 9 wickets in my previous game. We batted first in this game, I scored a duck, and in the opposition's batting innings I did not get to bowl a single over at all (even though I'm the opening bowler for the team, first change at worst). I thought Graeme Smith (my skipper) bowling me in the 60th over was an insult enough.. until he decided to completely not bowl me at all! :(

Any idea if this is also related to the same issue?

Users who are viewing this thread