Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

@imhassan:cheers
Ok.

Thats's good. Do you feel more "in the game" when playing in pro mode?? Like more realistic?

Thanks

Jamo

In this brilliant PAK vs SAF 2020 video you see a lot more interesting bowling than in other videos. with more balls outside off and swinging away. Very pleasing!

The default selection of test uniforms for 20 20 matches is silly though and people will easily forget about it.

That should easily be fixed by whoever the c
creator is for that team.
Yeah, had a quick flip through the teams - the international sides that are the 'get best' ones have Test set for all their modes, while the Aus/Eng domestic are right.

Those seem to all be @blockerdave - just in case he doesn't know, just go into the team, go to the kit section and hit the 'set defaults' button, then you have the option to set them.

Yeah, had a quick flip through the teams - the international sides that are the 'get best' ones have Test set for all their modes, while the Aus/Eng domestic are right.

Those seem to all be @blockerdave - just in case he doesn't know, just go into the team, go to the kit section and hit the 'set defaults' button, then you have the option to set them.

i will check that but i thought i had set the uniforms correctly. but as i mentioned previously typically i have whites for "other" so if they are playing a game that is "other" statistical category it will be whites.

edit: i also uploaded those teams a while ago, and not changed uniforms recently, could have got messed up in an update, or even i could have uploaded them before we could do uniform defaults? i'll revisit this afternoon.

Last edited:
7 Minutes into the Video and I can clearly disregard any complains about AI Bowler's Line & Length. They are bowling as realistically as it can get.

7 Minutes into the Video and I can clearly disregard any complains about AI Bowler's Line & Length. They are bowling as realistically as it can get.

Still bowl too many wides imo

That should easily be fixed by whoever the creator is for that team.

The issue is, as stated in the description, he forgot to set the uniform - which by default is tests - to T20.

As for the issue, it is a shame, but i'll be happy to avoid 'get best' to do career mode. It's not a big deal not having real life names and faces.

He's staying on the backfoot and playing everything on the on side. Noted for future online matches :p

I think it's completely reasonable to say that career mode is broken, and it's not fair to criticise the guy for being reluctant to purchase it.

You have two options:

1) Don't link the players with CA. This means that you have correct player attributes but the names and faces are wrong. This isn't a disaster but given all the work that went in to CA, by both CA and the public, this is far from a good solution
2) Link the players with CA but then you have bowlers linked with batsmen and batsmen linked with bowlers, and end up with Ryan Carters bowling and tailenders scoring centuries.

I will be making up some shitty player I don't care about to trial career mode, but wait for the patch before I'll play it seriously. In the mean time I'm sure replaying the Ashes series won't hurt :p

P.S. I love when Snowy acts all moddy

Users who are viewing this thread