Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

As suggested earlier in this thread, by patch you should add a option to career mode which should tell the player that if he doesnt use default rosters he wont be eligible for leaderboard. Thus if player choose to use custom rosters for career you dont have to worry about normalizations and we will get what we want.

If you think the career mode is broken then you do not understand the issue.

If you do, or do not, download teams from the Academy, your gameplay experience will be *exactly* the same for your player.

If you download from the Academy, the players around you will be replaced in name and appearance only based on their order in the roster not their initials. This will seem odd to see what you know as a spin bowler become pace etc.. however you cannot play as them in career mode anyway - your experience is no different.

To get over this "oddity" we will look to use another method of normalisation so that players maintain their role - however even after this normalisation, your individual players experience will not change.

The realistic nature of it will though. I will stand by what I said here, maybe if the option to not count towards the leaderboard and have your elected skills should be available? I think this would be the best fix to cater to everyone. Because if we use the standardised BA ratings then strengths and weaknesses are completely neglected, and I hate that. Especially when some of us at least want to pursue the game to perform as close to reality as possible.

EDIT: can see AngryPixel just said the same thing.

If you think the career mode is broken then you do not understand the issue.

If you do, or do not, download teams from the Academy, your gameplay experience will be *exactly* the same for your player.

If you download from the Academy, the players around you will be replaced in name and appearance only based on their order in the roster not their initials. This will seem odd to see what you know as a spin bowler become pace etc.. however you cannot play as them in career mode anyway - your experience is no different.

To get over this "oddity" we will look to use another method of normalisation so that players maintain their role - however even after this normalisation, your individual players experience will not change.

But it's not a case of a spin bowler becoming a pace bowler etc, you have batsmen becoming bowlers, yet still appearing in the batting order where a batsmen would.

Honestly I think that scorecards like shown below are more than just "oddities". Can someone check if Magoffin and Anyon are linked as batsmen? They batted well in both innings which makes me think so.

Screen_Shot_2014_04_01_at_13_07_53.png

The realistic nature of it will though. I will stand by what I said here, maybe if the option to not count towards the leaderboard and have your elected skills should be available? I think this would be the best fix to cater to everyone. Because if we use the standardised BA ratings then strengths and weaknesses are completely neglected, and I hate that. Especially when some of us at least want to pursue the game to perform as close to reality as possible.

EDIT: can see AngryPixel just said the same thing.

This.

Normalizations is okay for the sake of online leaderboard but as a purist we wont enjoy normalization in career as that would mean Bangladesh is as strong as Australia. Thus give us a option where we can use our teams and players with correct attributes. I dont care about leaderboard.

As suggested earlier in this thread, by patch you should add a option to career mode which should tell the player that if he doesnt use default rosters he wont be eligible for leaderboard. Thus if player choose to use custom rosters for career you dont have to worry about normalizations and we will get what we want.

This ^
Perfect fix.

yeah, it seems Big Ant have put more weight on the "online leaderboard equality" factor rather than verisimilitude. if @Chunnster wants to set every player he faces as terrible and end up averaging 300 with the bat and 4 with the ball, let him... i'd rather play the game realistically myself and i don't give a toss about an online leaderboard

yeah, it seems Big Ant have put more weight on the "online leaderboard equality" factor rather than verisimilitude. if @Chunnster wants to set every player he faces as terrible and end up averaging 300 with the bat and 4 with the ball, let him... i'd rather play the game realistically myself and i don't give a toss about an online leaderboard

I thanked this and I have absolutely no idea what 'verisimilitude' means. Time to whip out the dictionary...

Hopefully we should have a fix/workaround for this issue by the time it releases for PC.

While we are talking about patch, how much time does a patch takes for releasing on PS3? I understand that it also has to be passed by Sony.

It's bizarre that so much work was put into CA, yet it is incompatible with career mode aside for names and appearance, as Blocker said.

Furthermore, the justification for it is equally bizarre since it is so it can be balanced for the leaderboards. I say this is bizarre because you can play online matches with any team, created by CA with any attributes, so how come career mode has to be so restrictive.

While we are talking about patch, how much time does a patch takes for releasing on PS3? I understand that it also has to be passed by Sony.

They'll want to wait a couple more weeks so everyone has time to assess the game and find bugs/smaller issues that need to be solved. So I'd say that we'd be looking at at least a month's wait.

It's bizarre that so much work was put into CA, yet it is incompatible with career mode aside for names and appearance, as Blocker said.

Furthermore, the justification for it is equally bizarre since it is so it can be balanced for the leaderboards. I say this is bizarre because you can play online matches with any team, created by CA with any attributes, so how come career mode has to be so restrictive.

and career mode is an offline mode... leaderboard? wdf cares?

Can't wait to start my career and witness the rise of Jade Dernbach to the pantheon of batsmanship alongside Morne Morkel and Sunil Narine.

Oopst.

Fortunately Hashim Amla will be still around to feed me my daily quota of death over full tosses.

Go realism

Users who are viewing this thread