Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Surely your gameplay experience is affected when you're facing a wicketkeeper off the first over of a test match instead of a fast bowler?

I feel like I am not grasping the issue, very confused!

You are, Ross is just not understanding the importance of (whatever that word blocker used before) to us.

EDIT: That word would be verisimilitude. And yes I did indeed copy and paste it

might sound too simplistic but can't big ant just fix the rosters created by users? Guess that wud take care of everything for career mode without a patch! may be I am wrong though...

The user created teams don't need 'fixing'. Fixing them for career mode would see them become inaccurate/out of date for other modes.

Ok guys calm down really this will be patched by bigant, in the mean time if there is so much hurry then just link the players manually and update the rosters.( more work yes but realistic gameplay as needed)

Surely your gameplay experience is affected when you're facing a wicketkeeper off the first over of a test match instead of a fast bowler?

The way I understand it, is that its only the name that you would recognize, but the skill is of a different player. So if your wicketkeeper bowls, he wont have the bowling skills of a keeper, but a bowler.

If I had to compare this to something though, when RLL2 first came out you couldn't use custom players in career mode. People were really angry, bigant fixed it!

Funny thing though, from memory it was a design choice to not have created players in there!

Yep, you're not understanding it. Which is reasonable given that some above continue to post on it without "getting it" either.

You will be facing a fast bowler however he might have the likeness and name of someone you think is a wicket keeper in the "real world".

Yep, you're not understanding it. Which is reasonable given that some above continue to post on it without "getting it" either.

You will be facing a fast bowler however he might have the likeness and name of someone you think is a wicket keeper in the "real world".

So it is more so a "visual" change than a gameplay change, understood.

I guess we need two new modes in the game:
1) Unranked Career: So that we can use teams with different strengths.
2) Unranked online match: A lot of us have gone through actions in different leagues to create teams. A normalizations defeats that completely. Thus just give a unranked match option.

Just to apologise for the seemingly dumb question, if I download the linked players without an alterations to skills etc...

Leaving the existing rosters as they are with only name and appearances changed, then will it be okay?

The way I understand it, is that its only the name that you would recognize, but the skill is of a different player. So if your wicketkeeper bowls, he wont have the bowling skills of a keeper, but a bowler.

Wrong the problem is that name and appearance of wicket keeper is linked to attribute of fast bowler because if wicket keeper name in roster was at no 5 and on disk on no 5 was a fast blowers name then it picks fast bowler attributes and wicket keepers name and appearance.

For e.g. Gilchrist will have name and looks of himself but skill of McGrath.

Simple as that.

Ok so I did grasp it. Ross, would this affect online matches as well? Assuming here that you are using the same normalization code for online as well.

i know @Ross is ignoring me so maybe someone can ask this question?

if e.g. Alex Hales has the attributes of Paul Franks in career mode, if they have different heights and so I am facing Hales rather than Franks, will that affect gameplay in terms of bounce if one player is taller/shorter than the other?

similarly if a (physically) strong player gets the high batting attributes of a (physically) weaker player, won't that affect gameplay in terms of his boundary hitting capabilities?

Just to apologise for the seemingly dumb question, if I download the linked players without an alterations to skills etc...

Leaving the existing rosters as they are with only name and appearances changed, then will it be okay?

No because rosters are not created with same pattern or players are not on same number in roster and on disk.

This is the whole problem.

Which is pretty bloody annoying, but what's even better is when the best batsman is actually fake-linked to the number 11. Might bring blokes like Glenn McGrath and Chris Martin back out of retirement :p

Users who are viewing this thread