Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

@BigAntStudios I just wanted to ask: will PC graphics be way better than the console ones? I can see the jaggies in the background and on many elements. Some trees in the far distance are also very pixelated. Perhaps this is due to console graphics limitations?

I guess the only soln then is to give Ross time to figure it out :)

In order to keep everyone equal for the leaderboards and so that every career mode is "equal" the base stats for every player in the "career world" are the same regardless of the appearance of the actual teams in it.

This hasn't been received well and I have made a commitment to change it.

We have figured it out and MattW was closest to the pin. We will normalise the teams as we already do for online play.

So when there is a patch/dlc (wouldn't be expecting for the first 2 months), Maybe light up stumps with the zing bails? something to think of considering they use it in the t20 wc now

The point is then you would be playing with slightly out of date rosters. You have to match the on-disc team exactly, and given the time difference between the establishment of the on-disc teams, and the creation of the user teams, there are difference between the two.

The only option remains then is to have people use these rosters which can't be used for online gameplay?

@BigAntStudios I just wanted to ask: will PC graphics be way better than the console ones? I can see the jaggies in the background and on many elements. Some trees in the far distance are also very pixelated. Perhaps this is due to console graphics limitations?

The PC quality will be better if you have a PC with better computational/graphical power.

In order to keep everyone equal for the leaderboards and so that every career mode is "equal" the base stats for every player in the "career world" are the same regardless of the appearance of the actual teams in it.

We have figured it out and MattW was closest to the pin. We will normalise the teams as we already do for online play.

can that be taken care of at your end? I mean can you make relevant changes to the user created teams, so that we don't see a keeper bowling etc etc

The only option remains then is to have people use these rosters which can't be used for online gameplay?

Other options

a) fix the rosters yourself
b) wait for the fix which @BigAntStudios has confirmed is happening

----------

can that be taken care of at your end? I mean can you make relevant changes to the user created teams, so that we don't see a keeper bowling etc etc

He said they're going to fix it.

If this was known earlier, I am sure the amount of work gone into making some regional domestic teams wouldn't have been done. Also, not sure how online would work as well for those in leagues which have drafted/auctioned the players.

If this was known earlier, I am sure the amount of work gone into making some regional domestic teams wouldn't have been done. Also, not sure how online would work as well for those in leagues which have drafted/auctioned the players.

It is only a visual issue for the players that you do not play as in career mode - no other mode is effected.

if people can live without the leaderboard then it would make things easier for Ross too I guess

Career mode is one of the big USP of the game, so its gotto be fixed even in visual terms..

After seeing the videos, I think there is something very beautiful about this game that not many of us talk about (blame it on short term memory). One of the biggest complaints in some of the the previous games was how LBW, Caught Behind and bowled were not often the modes of dismissal whereas in real life these occur quite frequently. This game really changes all of that. In the videos seen so far, its so refreshing to see LBWs and Caught Behinds being the frequent modes of dismissals and all of them being due to the player misjudging the line and length of the delivery or choosing the wrong shot to play!!!

i think the AI are bowling perfectly but hasan is more interested in playing most balls to the on side

Not really.. please see my other videos too.

After seeing the videos, I think there is something very beautiful about this game that not many of us talk about (blame it on short term memory). One of the biggest complaints in some of the the previous games was how LBW, Caught Behind and bowled were not often the modes of dismissal whereas in real life these occur quite frequently. This game really changes all of that. In the videos seen so far, its so refreshing to see LBWs and Caught Behinds being the frequent modes of dismissals and all of them being due to the player misjudging the line and length of the delivery or choosing the wrong shot to play!!!

This! So much this.

The same goes for bowling out AI players. Absolutely rewarding.

My friend was winning a Rookie match very well and the AI team was under pressure, in a T10 match. The AI actually started running badly and got run out on a very silly chance. Also, when they were on the last ball of the match ( had lost by like 40 runs) they took an extra single ( third run ) on the last ball and got run out. This showed their frustration.

P.S. also got a hatrick in that match and commentators said that player is on a double hatrick on the next ball.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread