Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

We have figured it out and MattW was closest to the pin. We will normalise the teams as we already do for online play.

That's great, but could we also have an option like this? So the varying quality levels of each team and league are respected.

The realistic nature of it will though. I will stand by what I said here, maybe if the option to not count towards the leaderboard and have your elected skills should be available? I think this would be the best fix to cater to everyone. Because if we use the standardised BA ratings then strengths and weaknesses are completely neglected, and I hate that. Especially when some of us at least want to pursue the game to perform as close to reality as possible.

I've always been a bit of a stats guy, so, for me, it does kind of hurt the immersion to be facing up against a batsmen bowling 140+

Commentary is not really neccessary to gameplay, neither are all the little tidbits that bigant have got so right. But it is the little things that make the game feel more real, and add more importance to the game. Career mode is essentially a group of tours tied together, I think the main facet of it IS facing the world's best batsmen/bowlers and beating them.

We can still have fun with the game, of course we will, but I can't personally see how this is a positive, and a system that anyone could have liked. When it went through QA, did people notice that Alistair Cook was having a bowl instead of Stuart Broad? Or is it something new?

I think Blocker's question is really important though, is Matt Wade running in at mitchell Johnson's height and strength as well?

I must add to the above. So far watching the videos this does look like a lot of fun, but I haven't seen too many people talking about the positives.

I think Blocker's question is really important though, is Matt Wade running in at mitchell Johnson's height and strength as well?

The visual of the player remains as it should. Matthew Wade would remain short. Mitchell Starc would remain tall.

But anywhoo..it's being looked after.

The visual of the player remains as it should. Matthew Wade would remain short. Mitchell Starc would remain tall.

But anywhoo..it's being looked after.

so it affects gameplay, if wade bowls instead of starc because even if everything else is the same, the height difference should affect bounce? as will batsman's strength.

@BigAntStudios are insisting it doesn't affect gameplay...

In order to keep everyone equal for the leaderboards and so that every career mode is "equal" the base stats for every player in the "career world" are the same regardless of the appearance of the actual teams in it.

This hasn't been received well and I have made a commitment to change it.

We have figured it out and MattW was closest to the pin. We will normalise the teams as we already do for online play.

I'm really hoping for the online leaderboards that we don't have a jakecass99 (from AFL Live) type. Got within a goal of him once, didn't like the way he used 210cm blokes all over the ground..

On another note, Ross did you get my message from the other night? (because sometimes I don't think they send)

I must add to the above. So far watching the videos this does look like a lot of fun, but I haven't seen too many people talking about the positives.

It is because most of us have faith in Ross and his team that even the minor bugs *or whatever the word* can be fixed if we report them. Remember, everyone have had really very high hopes from this game and people also know BigAnt are a ray of hope in Cricket gaming. What do everyone eventually want? A good solid and entertaining realistic cricket game. This one seems to be on course.

I'm really hoping for the online leaderboards that we don't have a jakecass99 (from AFL Live) type. Got within a goal of him once, didn't like the way he used 210cm blokes all over the ground..

On another note, Ross did you get my message from the other night? (because sometimes I don't think they send)

The AFL Live issue will never occur with any of our games again no matter how much people ask for non-normalised or restricted teams.

If you sent a message I probably got it - you could send again - I have a lot to reply to at the moment :)

How do competition structures work in career mode? Can you view your current standings and is it possible to have 2 divisions like in the CC?

This.

Normalizations is okay for the sake of online leaderboard but as a purist we wont enjoy normalization in career as that would mean Bangladesh is as strong as Australia. Thus give us a option where we can use our teams and players with correct attributes. I dont care about leaderboard.

Nope, you're not understanding the normalisation we will use. It does not make all teams equal, it will make them equal to the teams we had originally set.

Nope, you're not understanding the normalisation we will use. It does not make all teams equal, it will make them equal to the teams we had originally set.

Thats a relief. Now only if we could solve the issue with linking.

Aha! That is what I wanted to know. So, it is just a visual issue and only in career mode. And, it will be fixed, great! One thing though, how does online work with custom teams then? Will it also need to be fixed or is it alright and one can play online using the CA created teams with correct attributes/likeliness of a player etc. with BA normalisation as you said above?

Users who are viewing this thread