Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Is it not possible to create linked squads, like say if alex hales is 9th in a certain team...can he be 9 in created team too?

The list is created automatically based on alphabetical order. With an up to date roster (as produced by Munkey), Hales is 12th based on alphabetical order.

WOW! Just saw the leg-spinner bowl! Love the animation :D Ball comes out of the hand a lot smoother than the other bowling actions - GREAT WORK BIGANT #thanksalot :yes:cheers

The list is created automatically based on alphabetical order. With an up to date roster (as produced by Munkey), Hales is 12th based on alphabetical order.

Right..So I am missing something then..

should not the on disk and created teams have the same player at each spot if they are arranged by same criteria....if we do not add additional players??

Like say a random team as AA, AB, BC on the disck

and we create a team AA,AB,BC ...and link them? it should take care of the problem..

Only issue ..we wont have upto date rosters with new players?

Ok, if anyone posts 10+ min gameplay video on Legend level they will be made Admin of the site*

* ignore today's date, honest ;)

Right..So I am missing something then..

should not the on disk and created teams have the same player at each spot if they are arranged by same criteria....if we do not add additional players??

Like say a random team as AA, AB, BC on the disck

and we create a team AA,AB,BC ...and link them? it should take care of the problem..

Only issue ..we wont have upto date rosters with new players?

You've pretty much got it. Creators would have to make a team that reflected the on-disc roster, which by virtue of time and the nature of cricket, has changed in the real world. Missing players, retirements, players changing teams - there is no easy way to avoid this for either Big Ant, nor the creators.

But again, Big Ant have committed to a fix. So no need to worry.

You've pretty much got it. Creators would have to make a team that reflected the on-disc roster, which by virtue of time and the nature of cricket, has changed in the real world. Missing players, retirements, players changing teams - there is no easy way to avoid this for either Big Ant, nor the creators.

But again, Big Ant have committed to a fix. So no need to worry.

Okay.I guess,I will create my own teams that match the disk or use if somebody already created untill Bigant comes up with a fix for this...any tentative date when the fix would come?? ...coz I cannot see graeme smith taking 10 wickets and be happy playing it even though he probably is a hell of a spinner in the virtual world !

Right, that's sorted so I'm going to hit the hay.

Just to re-iterate, the issue that has been discussed tonight is going to be fixed - as committed to by Big Ant here. And again, this issue only impacts Career Mode. Everything else performs as it should.

Apologies to @imhassan for hijacking the thread with this issue also. If anything good has come out of it (apart from the fix), is that it shows how committed Big Ant are to their titles post-release

Here is a list of the videos that have been posted today

Don Bradman Cricket 14 - India vs South Africa gameplay [HD] - YouTube

Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Career mode player creation gameplay - YouTube

Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Wicketkeeper gameplay Career mode [HD] - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5UpbTZhJnc&list=UUOuTKgRsrb_O9Uae0MPqaIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMUZlOYzPOY&list=UUOuTKgRsrb_O9Uae0MPqaIA

Last edited:
Ok, if anyone posts 10+ min gameplay video on Legend level they will be made Admin of the site*

* ignore today's date, honest ;)

I could post it - but I wouldn't last 10 minutes on Legend :P

Repeating this for about the 5th time now....the players are correctly linked as per how linking works. The creators have done everything correctly as per how it should work.

Career Mode is an anomaly. If we linked PURELY based on Career Mode, then the rosters would be out of date or innacurate for all the other games modes.

I will need to double check - but a work around until the patch might be, if you can work out the right order, upload specific career teams, people can then download them and link those team specifically to career - i.e. not use the best downloaded teams. Remember you have a way of picking specific teams to be placed in the career mode It doesn't have to be the teams we decide - if I wanted I could turn England into Mike's All Stars and use them in career, it's up to you - once a career mode is started the teams are locked in for that career mode, so you can happily use the other teams for all other modes, without affecting career. Not ideal, but for those that really want to get stuck into career now it might be an option. It doesn't need to affect the other game modes.

Also, to answer Blockers question, yes height will have an affect - but only in the sense that you see a tall bowler coming at you (regardless of name) he's got the chance of to get more bounce, but I would hope that you will think that anyway, I think the experience would be affected more if you had to try and think this is a tall guy pretending to be a small guy so will not get bounce. if you get my drift. I'm not try to belittle the issue, there is an issue, but it's perhaps been blown up a little here.

If I go through and just change the names of the players on the disk without downloading anything, will that work?

Sorry if its been answered, I skimmed over the last half dozen(thousand) pages and didnt see it answered

I will need to double check - but a work around until the patch might be, if you can work out the right order, upload specific career teams, people can then download them and link those team specifically to career - i.e. not use the best downloaded teams. Remember you have a way of picking specific teams to be placed in the career mode It doesn't have to be the teams we decide - if I wanted I could turn England into Mike's All Stars and use them in career, it's up to you - once a career mode is started the teams are locked in for that career mode, so you can happily use the other teams for all other modes, without affecting career. Not ideal, but for those that really want to get stuck into career now it might be an option. It doesn't need to affect the other game modes.

Also, to answer Blockers question, yes height will have an affect - but only in the sense that you see a tall bowler coming at you (regardless of name) he's got the chance of to get more bounce, but I would hope that you will think that anyway, I think the experience would be affected more if you had to try and think this is a tall guy pretending to be a small guy so will not get bounce. if you get my drift. I'm not try to belittle the issue, there is an issue, but it's perhaps been blown up a little here.

Thanks for that mike. I'd take time to do what you suggested and if it works then it would be awesome as i plan to get into career today itself. And as i write this, my copy has arrived. :thumbs
PCZGlZy.jpg

If I go through and just change the names of the players on the disk without downloading anything, will that work?

Sorry if its been answered, I skimmed over the last half dozen(thousand) pages and didnt see it answered

No, because then you'd have, as snowy has pointed out, out-of-date rosters.

Going on what @mikeymerren has said, could we just delete all the 'generic' county teams and players and replace them with our own created teams and players, therefore giving fully up to date teams and players that will bowl/bat etc...in the right order?

Well we could get to work on making some "career teams".

May not be perfect, but it could be something.

So mike if I link a batsmen to another batsmen they will still have batting attributes?

I am not working tomorrow so may try to see if I can start doing what Mikeymerrin said to do

Users who are viewing this thread