Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Basically, just replicate the on-disc team with the necessary links.

That's it.

No, because then you'd have, as snowy has pointed out, out-of-date rosters.

Going on what @mikeymerren has said, could we just delete all the 'generic' county teams and players and replace them with our own created teams and players, therefore giving fully up to date teams and players that will bowl/bat etc...in the right order?

Okay so what your saying is itl basically be an old team? Like if I rename all the NZers itl more than likely have someone who isnt in the team now? Cheers

Okay so what your saying is itl basically be an old team? Like if I rename all the NZers itl more than likely have someone who isnt in the team now? Cheers

Spot on!

For me, as a Worcestershire fan, I couldn't cope (lol) with that as it has players like zaheer khan, steve smith and a few others that played 3/4 years ago.

Spot on!

For me, as a Worcestershire fan, I couldn't cope (lol) with that as it has players like zaheer khan, steve smith and a few others that played 3/4 years ago.

Thanks for your help! :)

I can understand why thatd be annoying, but thats what Im going to do as it doesnt bother me too much.

Cheers

Thanks for your help! :)

I can understand why thatd be annoying, but thats what Im going to do as it doesnt bother me too much.

Cheers

No worries!

Yeah, plus it'd be hard to do as the current squad has only 21/22 players in it and that's with the addition of 3/4 from the 2nd XI and youths to make up the numbers. It'd be a right ball ache to setup a career specific Worcs team and it'd be the same for all the rest.

Again - this is only in career mode. All the non-career mode videos we've seen have had logical bowling choices by the AI, and HBK has confirmed it is only career mode.

Just so everyone understands what is happening, let's take Alex Hales for example.

In Munkeymomo's Notts team (the one being used in the above screenshot), he is the 9th player in the list for Notts.

In the on-disc Notts, the 9th player is 'P. Fitzpatrick' (Paul Franks in real life - he's a bowler), and P. Fitzpatrick's skills classify him as a 2 helmet bowler. On the on-disc roster, the correct Alex Hales link is 12th. The disparity is caused by Munkeymomo uploading a more up to date roster than the on-disc roster.

The issue is, that Hales is effectively linked to P. Fitzpatrick in career mode, because they are both 9th on their respective teams. Hales becomes a bowler. He keeps the name, face, kit etc. But he picks up the attributes/skills of P. Fitzpatrick in career mode only.

I can't make it much simpler than that. That is what is happening, and that is what Big Ant are trying to fix. It is not being ignored.

I know all that you have said and agree with it completely. I disagree when Ross says it's completely aesthetic though, as it affects gameplay when your opening batsmen bowl but can't bat and vice-versa.

But yes, you could manually do the linking of teams and make sure they match up on disk 100% to avoid this issue. That's the only way to make career mode playable right now.

Even then, I'd probably wait until they patch in the ability to have CA attributes used in career mode, with some scaling/balancing factor.

I had got the game last evening but did not get the chance to play it. However after reading a quite lot of the negative reviews my excitement died down a bit.
Just played the game now for half an hour. Was doing match practise on a ground and I must say this is one hell of a game. Am so happy. It feels so good hitting a fast bowler straight over his head for a six. Am playing on the rookie level so it is easier to play my shots all around the ground. For the first time in my life I have batted with the behind the batsman camera angle and it has got all my attention. Don't feel like changing the camera now. I love it. Will keep posting more as I explore more options. For now I simply love the game.
And yes the photos column of Don Bradman also is too good. Thank you Big Ant.

One final thing r.e. the career mode attributes, since it's getting a bit boring and detracting from what otherwise looks like a fantastic game:

It was a BA design decision to not allow you to link attributes from CA to the career mode, for reasons of balancing and the leaderboard. It's interesting that they made this decision, and then a couple of days after release (heck, not even the release date) it is said that this decision was not well received and will be changed. It has not been well received by the public, of which 99% hasn't played the game yet. With this in mind, surely this should have been touted pre-release, at which point the public would have said "no, that sucks" and it would have been changed?

I'm getting better at fast bowling at Pro level. But, it's very difficult to bowl at a fast pace so far.

Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Awesome bowled vs AI. Pakistan Vs India Test - YouTube

----------

@BigAntStudios The ground practice doesn't show the speed for fast bowlers or the RPM for spinners. Also, there is no mention of when to press the R1 or L1 buttons to fast/slow bowl or how to bowl closer to the wicket or away from it.

Can these be added in the patch?

I think the best way to know you're bowling fast or spinning well is via these indicators otherwise it is better to play a casual game for practice. Given the fact that it's not easy to play at PRO level and above, the more help we can get in practice, the better.

Only 1 way to see if the AI bowling too straight is an issue...

Load up a test match vs SA on a fast bouncy wicket and bat for the first 10 overs on day 1 (pro mode or higher)

Ideally 4out of 6 balls should be pitching on or around the 4th stump line...

Last edited:
I have felt the same thing of bowler bowling too straight [In the nets] can be changed if you move the batsman and try hitting on the off side after then i started receiving balls outside off...Can anyone try this and confirm whether this happens or not??

I know all that you have said and agree with it completely. I disagree when Ross says it's completely aesthetic though, as it affects gameplay when your opening batsmen bowl but can't bat and vice-versa.

But yes, you could manually do the linking of teams and make sure they match up on disk 100% to avoid this issue. That's the only way to make career mode playable right now.

Even then, I'd probably wait until they patch in the ability to have CA attributes used in career mode, with some scaling/balancing factor.

What I don't understand is, if on-disk roster position is the real issue and if we were to create brand new teams with no on-disk counterparts (think Pakistani Domestic for example), this issue should not occur? It might still occur when you get selected for your national team, but till then it should be fine I guess?

I've just noticed this on the PS3

iPPeGv1.jpg

I think it's a nice little touch so you can check other peoples scores on the fly :)

Users who are viewing this thread