Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

as far as i understood it the normalisation/balancing in "online" is different to the career mode one, and essentially the fix is to bring the online balancing over to career mode.

they need to go into more detail about what that means though.

as has been mentioned, a lot of people have put a lot of work into creating "real" teams, and Big Ant/Tru Blu have used the "community created" teams/players as a selling point (putting it in the press release), so to have been aware of this issue and not flagged it up prior is pretty poor in my opinion. (if their testers just missed it, that's even worse, because it's bloody obvious.)

similarly, a lot of people have gone to a lot of trouble holding auctions etc. for online play, so Big Ant should let us know some details on the balancing for online so people can know if they need to redo this etc.

basically it sounds like they are too paranoid about a few idiots "exploiting" online leaderboards, when by definition the only people who care about those sorts of things are assholes.

At the end of the day the people cant use their created players that BLAH BLAH BLAH...

BigAnt cricket develops a cricket game with awesome gameplay and audio-visual experience. They were slightly off the mark in a single issue in a single mode out of a handful others and you go on ranting your own story?

Ross and team are currently working on the fix and it would be here in no time compared to how long other companies take. They are spending their time here on the forums checking each of our issues and also replying while trying to fix it. Im sorry to offend you but you just made a fool out of yourself.

Before you say something else...go learn about constructive criticism.

P.S. Come to think of it I'm not sorry at all.

I believe that online you CAN normalise the teams.

I think that within a given team players will be better than others, but it will just mean that Australia won't dominate against Canada.

I think you have misunderstood the normalisation that they have implemented.

Nope, you're not understanding the normalisation we will use. It does not make all teams equal, it will make them equal to the teams we had originally set.

So basically, a user created Australian team (irrespective of what attributes the players have) will still be only as good as the on-disk Australian team.

I think you have misunderstood the normalisation that they have implemented.

So basically, a user created Australian team (irrespective of what attributes the players have) will still be only as good as the on-disk Australian team.

I'm slightly confused at how this is down though as clearly in the earlier videos player attributes were messed up with?

Guys, the way Pakistan batting is performing right now, I'm certain you must have already seen it in one of my videos earlier.

No surprises there :p

Guys, the way Pakistan batting is performing right now, I'm certain you must have already seen it in one of my videos earlier.

No surprises there :p

But I must say you batted better...;)

I played on Pro.

The real team is playing on Legend mode. ;)

Yup. Happened with me in first match i played. It was such a fine edge. I immediately went for BARS. Snicko and hotspot showed a thin edge. :thumbs

----------

Then again during the bowling i bowled one ball down the legside using a spinner. There was a thin edge which i failed to notice and hence didnt appeal. Then commentators said " You are not gonna get wickets if you wont appeal" :clap

Yup. Happened with me in first match i played. It was such a fine edge. I immediately went for BARS. Snicko and hotspot showed a thin edge. :thumbs

----------

Then again during the bowling i bowled one ball down the legside using a spinner. There was a thin edge which i failed to notice and hence didnt appeal. Then commentators said " You are not gonna get wickets if you wont appeal" :clap

That's awesome ! I do love a thin nick here or there and umpires not always hearing it and so on! Very impressive :D

AP, how has the game been so far for you? Can you give a brief insight as to how much have you enjoyed playing it? Is it up there with your expectations or are you like disappointed?

One of the good things to come from breaking the street release date has been the early reporting of issues and now they have a couple of days headstart.

Also it would be nice if someone creates a Awesome moments thread and put just the positive stuff in there?

Pretty disappointed with the variety of shots played by the AI in the Tour Mode. T20 Match Pak vs SA.
-Slogging them with no footwork to leg, just doesn't look right. Think previous games.
- Players rarely use their feet, no inside out shots, no advancing down the wicket.

----------

That's great. What difficulty are you playing?

May be it's too early. But still.. What is your early impression?

Users who are viewing this thread