Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Playing on Pro level but it is easier than other shots of pro level. Ideally reverse sweep should be one of the difficult shots.

I do wonder if there is any animations when the batsmen get's hit, it's in every other cricket game i can think of dudes.:(

Unfortunately either its not there or players are extra tough :p
Got hit a number of times but batsman showed no reaction.

Unfortunately either its not there or players are extra tough :p
Got hit a number of times but batsman showed no reaction.

Or maybe he will cry out loud in the dressing room....;)

But on a serious note, this should be asked when Ross comes online...:thumbs

PS:It would feel odd when you try an effort delivery with your player and the batsman gets hit on his head and shows no reaction...:p
Such a thing will increase our confidence in bowling and should decrease their confidence as well...

Last edited:
I never noticed the run out issue during my 5 over match or full 20 over match. Maybe i was already cautious after reading about it and subconsciously pressing the running the trigger for sprint.

it's not quite "exactly" the same experience, because smacking mitchell johnson for 4 and smacking alex doolan for four are not the same thing, even if in the game it's an alex doolan with the bowling attributes of mitchell johnson

Funny thing is, the english team can't do neither either way....

After seeing the videos, I think there is something very beautiful about this game that not many of us talk about (blame it on short term memory). One of the biggest complaints in some of the the previous games was how LBW, Caught Behind and bowled were not often the modes of dismissal whereas in real life these occur quite frequently. This game really changes all of that. In the videos seen so far, its so refreshing to see LBWs and Caught Behinds being the frequent modes of dismissals and all of them being due to the player misjudging the line and length of the delivery or choosing the wrong shot to play!!!

Agree...when i watched that video i also thought this game looks beautiful and feels really authentic even when i am watching videos of it captured with an iphone.

Playing on Pro level but it is easier than other shots of pro level. Ideally reverse sweep should be one of the difficult shots.

Still not got the game but tried reverse sweeping in the nets at pro and legend.....
YES its seems to be a easy run scoring shot on pro mode..........
ON legend mode its way harder to execute that shot......
But still
A reverse sweep is n should be a rare high risk high reward shot....

More Inputs needed...

What did I miss?

What did I miss?

I will tell u what. People going on for 20 odd pages about some issue even after Ross said they will get it fixed in the 5th page. Almost nauseating.... Just don't read the last 15 pages.

One other thing I noticed in one of the videos was a County game being played at whatever the Melbourne stadium is called; which can't be right? My experience with the academy was that you picked a teams stadium name, so it should be that name that comes up rather than the generic name, right?

Users who are viewing this thread