Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

He was using Pro earlier so I'd assume it was the same.

Perhaps this is a response by the batsman as a result of how the balls were all on leg stump. The reverse sweep seemed the only crazy shot to play - hopefully it's an oddity to see batsman do sweeps in tests vs pace bowlers (unless they are Warner ofc).

Perhaps this is a response by the batsman as a result of how the balls were all on leg stump. The reverse sweep seemed the only crazy shot to play - hopefully it's an oddity to see batsman do sweeps in tests vs pace bowlers (unless they are Warner ofc).
If you have a look at the Roger's dismissal at 8:55 (love the random appealing in the previous over btw) he reverse sweeps an awful, slow delivery from a yard outside leg - he could put it anywhere in the stands - straight into the hands of Tendulkar(!) at backward point. The sweep needs to be tweaked.

An IPL match from IVG (HundredProofSam)

On the free-hit, the commentators comment on the fact that it was dropped. Sure, you should be holding onto catches regardless of the situation, but I would of thought the commentators would have a bit better match awareness than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok my view on the AI test video above.

Looks good, the guy who was playing bowled way to many balls down the legside to judge the AI here. The reverse sweep was used a few times(still to many) but overall looks good. There is a need for a patch but overall the game looking good.

PS To Ross, R sweep used in tests. Can this be tweaked for only used when the batsmen has near 100% confidence. Would love to hear your views on this matters.

I got shot down by Ross if I recall for saying how hard it would be to get the AI and pacing correct in the first iteration of the game.
My IC10 review said in summary that it might be impossible to make a cricket game that gets it right. I fully expect things to not be right but I'm also confident Big Ant will make improvements and the next version will be closer.

I got shot down by Ross if I recall for saying how hard it would be to get the AI and pacing correct in the first iteration of the game.
My IC10 review said in summary that it might be impossible to make a cricket game that gets it right. I fully expect things to not be right but I'm also confident Big Ant will make improvements and the next version will be closer.

Very true Barmy. If they change something say R sweep then a new more annoying problem could shows it's ugly head.

On the free-hit, the commentators comment on the fact that it was dropped. Sure, you should be holding onto catches regardless of the situation, but I would of thought the commentators would have a bit better match awareness than that.

You should get the game, you'll find out that the commentators are way off not that any other sports game has great Ai commentator configuration.

You should get the game, you'll find out that the commentators are way off not that any other sports game has great Ai commentator configuration.

I have enjoyed the commentary so far overall, sure it's not perfect but better than most cricket games.

Yes, I know I'm pointing out too many minor flaws (something which I've had a go at people for doing previously), but I've found one bit of similarity with Ashes Cricket 2013. Sometimes, both batsmen dive when only one (or sometimes neither) needed to. Example below:

sfUTFXB.png

Just an observation, it probably doesn't need to be fixed as it doesn't affect gameplay.

Last edited:
I suppose the main question out of that diving thing would be - does diving frequently take a hit to things like confidence or fatigue? Or is it pretty much purely visual.

The obvious reasoning is because it's one button for both ends, though it would be nice if the dive button just individually made the appropriate effort needed to get in the crease as quickly as possible.

Tomorrow I will find out for myself, but from what I have seen so far, the commentary is good. So far, that issue is the only one to pop up from the commentary side of things.

In regards to the test match video; if it is pro mode, then it is mostly like the poor bowling down leg and on leg stump that has prompted aggression. Those balls were there to be hit.

This! So much this.

The same goes for bowling out AI players. Absolutely rewarding.

My friend was winning a Rookie match very well and the AI team was under pressure, in a T10 match. The AI actually started running badly and got run out on a very silly chance. Also, when they were on the last ball of the match ( had lost by like 40 runs) they took an extra single ( third run ) on the last ball and got run out. This showed their frustration.

P.S. also got a hatrick in that match and commentators said that player is on a double hatrick on the next ball.

448.jpg

It was legend :noway

----------

It was legend difficulty :noway

In which case I don't mind the AI smacking you around a bit in tests because you weren't bowling the best, but those reverse hits are ridiculous and should have been picked up very early on in testing.

Users who are viewing this thread