Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Just don't read the last 15 pages.

I wasn't going to bother, @SnowyCassanova PM'd me, so I got the jist. Sounds like a fairly decent flaw in the way the "ranking" system has been implemented for the online leader-boards, which as many have said, I can count the shits I give about that on one hand...

To say "gameplay isn't effected" isn't terribly accurate because Ricky Ponting steaming in from the boundary bowling 160kmph beamers instead of Brett Lee kinda effects one gameplay as it takes you out of the game. Exaggerated example, but you get he jist.

But they're fixing it, so sweet. I think i'll just wait on linking teams and play a few tours instead until we've got a solid solution. Bit of a storm in a teacup, but pretty cool that the BigAnt team is already on it. Keep that feedback coming for em, keep it constructive and where possible use the template Mikey posted in the other thread for reporting this stuff I reckon...

Hi

to those of you who have got the game, are there any cheerleaders when you hit a boundary? and is there any music when a boundary is hit or end of over?

Rizwan

There shouldn't be any cheerleaders; as there aren't any at any major T20 competition since they discovered that some of them at the last IPL were linked to the Russian mafia.

to those of you who have got the game, are there any cheerleaders when you hit a boundary?

Yup, there are cheerleaders, it's a pop-up during gameplay. Found this video on YouTube...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Boundary.gif
    Boundary.gif
    596 KB · Views: 289
I wasn't going to bother, @SnowyCassanova PM'd me, so I got the jist. Sounds like a fairly decent flaw in the way the "ranking" system has been implemented for the online leader-boards, which as many have said, I can count the shits I give about that on one hand...

To say "gameplay isn't effected" isn't terribly accurate because Ricky Ponting steaming in from the boundary bowling 160kmph beamers instead of Brett Lee kinda effects one gameplay as it takes you out of the game. Exaggerated example, but you get he jist.

But they're fixing it, so sweet. I think i'll just wait on linking teams and play a few tours instead until we've got a solid solution. Bit of a storm in a teacup, but pretty cool that the BigAnt team is already on it. Keep that feedback coming for em, keep it constructive and where possible use the template Mikey posted in the other thread for reporting this stuff I reckon...

It's a good find by Snowy Biggs but i do feel people are rushing into career mode anyway. I will be going to the shops later today as i get the feeling today is going to be a special day.

The amount of problem found so far has been more than anyone wanted but maybe people expected to much to early. This game is going to be a great cricket game by the time the PC version is released.

PS what do you think about no hurt animation found in the game yet Biggs, something i was not expecting.

Hi Guys,

First impressions

When you first pop the game in the console you feel excited and over joyed, however once you have played a quick game you feel frustrated because of a few issues. I think thats generally due the fact that you want this game to be "Perfection".

After almost 10 years of seeing those orange ,shades of green and red in BL cricket and ea & code masters games you feel challenged by BigAnt Studios to forego those controls and accept new and challenging ways to bowl.

Batting gives a really cool 360 shot selection approach which once again is way too "cool" for a cricket game. Once you start feeling comfortable with the controls you will start loving this game.

This game my friends is cricket at its best, a simulation that never been attempted before and if others agree in my opinion one of the Best Cricket Games to Date.

A big thanks to BigAnt Studios :thumbs

Yup, there are cheerleaders, it's a pop-up during gameplay. Found this video on YouTube...

attachment.php

Biggs i think no more Biggs Big Macs for a month for you ok.:rolleyes

----------

Hi Guys,

First impressions

When you first pop the game in the console you feel excited and over joyed, however once you have played a quick game you feel frustrated because of a few issues. I think thats generally due the fact that you want this game to be "Perfection".

After almost 10 years of seeing those orange ,shades of green and red in BL cricket and ea & code masters games you feel challenged by BigAnt Studios to forego those controls and accept new and challenging ways to bowl.

Batting gives a really cool 360 shot selection approach which once again is way too "cool" for a cricket game. Once you start feeling comfortable with the controls you will start loving this game.

This game my friends is cricket at its best, a simulation that never been attempted before and if others agree in my opinion one of the Best Cricket Games to Date.

A big thanks to BigAnt Studios :thumbs

Mate you said almost nothing about the game, yes it's different and yes people wanted it to be perfect, can you tell us anything new you have seen ?

I'm just glad that when I put the game in I actually will feel excited and over-joyed. I had wondered about that, but as reported above that is what happens. Not looking forward to the frustrated feelings though.

When a game has been hyped as much as this there is bound to be frustration. There does seem to be a lack of polish in some areas though. That will hopefully be patched soon though.

How are people finding spin bowling? does the ball turn a lot? From some videos i've watched its hard to tell

Has anyone actually played a test match? how realistic are they, will they go 5 days and does the pitch have a lot to do with the game? .... Also how about some rain? being a Mancunian rain is very important :)

This is from @AngryPixel

Second ball of a test match innings and a reverse sweep from outside leg stump. Third ball slogged...

An IPL match from IVG (HundredProofSam)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch

Biggs i think no more Biggs Big Macs for a month for you ok.:rolleyes

----------

Mate you said almost nothing about the game, yes it's different and yes people wanted it to be perfect, can you tell us anything new you have seen ?

Game play realism is something to be cherished, never had this happen to me like ever in a cricket game. Ball hits my player and deviates

Attachments

• 3693.jpg
    3693.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 3694.jpg
    3694.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 3695.jpg
    3695.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 3696.jpg
    3696.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 3698.jpg
    3698.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 3700.jpg
    3700.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 3701.jpg
    3701.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 3703.jpg
    3703.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 3704.jpg
    3704.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 3705.jpg
    3705.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 19
How are people finding spin bowling? does the ball turn a lot? From some videos i've watched its hard to tell

Has anyone actually played a test match? how realistic are they, will they go 5 days and does the pitch have a lot to do with the game? .... Also how about some rain? being a Mancunian rain is very important :)

When I saw that I could spin the ball I decided not to because a straight ball does me nuff good, haven't played a test match but I have played 4 day games with my pro, kinda gets boring fielding after the first over so I just simulate, my pro was picked for aussiet20 league where 2 matches were inflicted by rain basically it just said there are 16 overs instead of 20 overs now. If you ask me the pitch or the ball shine have done literally nothing can't see any changes in the balls pace/direction... @BoomBoomBoom true dat but what about when the ball goes through everything when you pick up the ball and throw it towards the stumps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread