Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Now for IPL match from IVG andi must say,i thought this one was better than the other for a number of reasons. No R sweeps at all, so is there a problem or not there ?
Also The guy bowling is a lot better.

PS Now for Chinamanspin i saw that also and if you go to about 11.50 in that video i think the fielder is running backwards for a couple of seconds. Made me laugh as these find of error don't bother me.

Nope. Getting bowling right in legend is a nightmare as there is no assist. I will play for a day or two with assist and then start without it.

----------

After 4 matches i figured out how to change the line of delivery. :p Till now i was just bowling on middle stump.

In which case I don't mind the AI smacking you around a bit in tests because you weren't bowling the best, but those reverse hits are ridiculous and should have been picked up very early on in testing.

Yes but the other video has no R Sweeps at all. Maybe needs a tweak but it's nothing to be big, only Snowy's find is a large one in my opinion at the moment.

Nope. Getting bowling right in legend is a nightmare as there is no assist. I will play for a day or two with assist and then start without it.
Good to see it's a difficult learning curve, as we suspected. I guess you could look at the reverse sweeps in the context of some shocking bowling (no offence :p). You were bowling at 85 kp/h with the paceman and with about 300 RPM's for spinners, so they probably wouldn't sweep as much against good bowling.

I realise I'm being way too dramatic about this, so I'll wait for a couple of weeks for when I get the game and can look at it properly.

Now for IPL match from IVG andi must say,i thought this one was better than the other for a number of reasons. No R sweeps at all, so is there a problem or not there ?
Also The guy bowling is a lot better.

PS Now for Chinamanspin i saw that also and if you go to about 11.50 in that video i think the fielder is running backwards for a couple of seconds. Made me laugh as these find of error don't bother me.

Surprisingly in the T20 match i played on Pro mode, AI played just one or 2 reverse sweeps in the whole match. I guess it is linked with how good you bowl. As i was bowling poorly in the legend mode thus the smacking. Just finished a cracking ODI match vs Aussies. The first match of my tour.
GpDjsUT.jpg

Nkva0bi.jpg

9WjAp5T.jpg

----------

After 4 matches i figured out how to change the line of delivery. :p Till now i was just bowling on middle stump.

Sorry so that was you bowling in that video.:lol Ok jokes aside but bowling down the legside to any batsmen would smack you like that, well maybe not Rogers:rolleyes The R sweep i bet Bigant are onto it already.

Well bowling controls are overwhelming at first, thus you need to play a few matches with assist on. Later on you can try without assist.

Good to see the MOTM going to a player on the losing team.

Those scores look very realistic for a 50 over match, maybe a bit odd to see all 20 wickets fall, but a great sign.

Good to see it's a difficult learning curve, as we suspected. I guess you could look at the reverse sweeps in the context of some shocking bowling (no offence :p). You were bowling at 85 kp/h with the paceman and with about 300 RPM's for spinners, so they probably wouldn't sweep as much against good bowling.

I realise I'm being way too dramatic about this, so I'll wait for a couple of weeks for when I get the game and can look at it properly.

That is what i think too. In pro mode when i bowl nice with the help of assist, they literally stop using reverse sweep.

Good to see the MOTM going to a player on the losing team.

Those scores look very realistic for a 50 over match, maybe a bit odd to see all 20 wickets fall, but a great sign.

All down to conditions. Sussex oval, Grassy pitch, Chance of rain and soft surface.

Thanks for sharing, scores look pleasingly realistic. I don't know what team you're using...but whoever made it needs to fix Nathan Coulter-NILE. There is no S on the end.

Aussies had kind of a collapse there . They were 95/1 at one stage. I lost all hope then and was just trying different stuff. That is when it all came together for me and I enjoyed every bit of bowling in 40 odd overs. :lol

I was happy to see MOTM going to the player from losing side but he was the most expensive player. Umesh Yadav smacked him for 24 odd runs in one over. :lol

All down to conditions. Sussex oval, Grassy pitch, Chance of rain and soft surface.

Yes why is both teams all out in the picture above as MattW pointed out.

Now for the reverse sweep, maybe there is no problem there(Sorry Ross:facepalm). PS Did you bat on legend yet and have you seen rain and also thanks.:thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread