Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

The bowlers ball too much on the leg side. It actually gets frustrating and you get out while trying to play inside out shots on the off side. :(

I was just about to say that. You could see in the wicket keeper gameplay that he didn't have much to do. Normally 4/5 day matches are initially dominated by balls being left outside off. Barely saw any of that.

The bowlers ball too much on the leg side. It actually gets frustrating and you get out while trying to play inside out shots on the off side

Maybe because you've played more against the left armers.

Have you tried batting with the Pro Cam (the one in which you also look at the field while batting, if that is what it's called) ?

Last edited:
I would take a stab and say it difficulty related re: leg side bowling... someone who has the game put up a vid on legend and see if that changes anything

The AI field settings seem all over the place. Does it even observe field restrictions?

I would take a stab and say it difficulty related re: leg side bowling... someone who has the game put up a vid on legend and see if that changes anything

Even if that's the case, this needs to fixed as it shouldn't be considered normal.

The AI field settings seem all over the place. Does it even observe field restrictions?

Which video are you referring to? In 5 over matches I think that the fielding restrictions are lifted after 2 overs, and perhaps that is what you are referring to?

Which video are you referring to? In 5 over matches I think that the fielding restrictions are lifted after 2 overs, and perhaps that is what you are referring to?

Well in almost all of the vids there are some weird and unrealistic field settings. Like the user team being 2 for nothing and the AI spreading the field - that kind of stuff.

Was really looking forward to this game, but lets be honest, it's not even out yet and some of the bugs that are coming up already are really alarming...really disappointed so far :mad

I haven't seen any issues with AI field restrictions so far.

----------

Well in almost all of the vids there are some weird and unrealistic field settings. Like the user team being 2 for nothing and the AI spreading the field - that kind of stuff.

Was really looking forward to this game, but lets be honest, it's not even out yet and some of the bugs that are coming up already are really alarming...really disappointed so far :mad

You should wait till you get your hands on the game. It's far from a 'disappointment'.

If you're judging by videos, wait for my next one to publish. I lost two wickets and the AI puts a really attacking field for the next batsman. That really surprised me.

I haven't seen any issues with AI field restrictions so far.

Okay, perhaps the field restrictions are being adhered to, but what about the fielding positions of the AI?

Have you played through a significant portion of a 4 or 5 day match? Are there still slips after 15 overs? Do the fields seem to react to where you hit the ball?

Yes, I noticed that too. The AI bowls way too straight, its almost always on middle/leg stump. I do remember getting a couples of balls outside the off stump, but not many more. I am playing on 'Pro' difficulty, not sure if that's relevant.

Yes, I noticed that too. The AI bowls way too straight, its almost always on middle/leg stump. I do remember getting a couples of balls outside the off stump, but not many more. I am playing on 'Pro' difficulty, not sure if that's relevant.

If you bowl outside off to the AI, do they leave the ball a lot in longer forms of the game?

If you bowl outside off to the AI, do they leave the ball a lot in longer forms of the game?

I've played 2 T20 matches, not longer than that I'm afraid. However, bowling outside off is a good option.

As I mentioned before, I bowled my first over with Junaid Khan in a T20, and he was bowling just outside off, getting the ball to swing in. The AI just left it. However, its a thin margin. Generally, if you bowl outside off with some swing, on a good length, the AI will let it go. If your release goes a bit wrong, its a wide. Difficult to get those wide yorkers on target. :noway

I've played 2 T20 matches, not longer than that I'm afraid. However, bowling outside off is a good option.

As I mentioned before, I bowled my first over with Junaid Khan in a T20, and he was bowling just outside off, getting the ball to swing in. The AI just left it. However, its a thin margin. Generally, if you bowl outside off with some swing, on a good length, the AI will let it go. If your release goes a bit wrong, its a wide. Difficult to get those wide yorkers on target. :noway

And that's all very good. Bowling in previous games was crap with no strategy involved. What you described sounds positive. I want to work out what a good ball is for myself, and it will be field and batsman dependent. Previous games told you what a ball is by a green marker.

Yeh so that Career Mode attributes/linking issue is fairly obvious in those two career mode videos. It really does need a fix, just not sure how it can be done if they want to keep standardised attributes.

Users who are viewing this thread