Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

How are you enjoying the game so far?

I LOVE it. Haven't given enough time yet and I record every time I play. Despite losing a few times, it's still a brilliant experience.

I'm very hopeful that the minor issues we see in the videos will definitely be fixed by @BigAntStudios There are no showstopper bugs though!

Last edited:
Alright someone needs to swallow their pride and video themselves getting demolished by the Ai on legend at the start of a test, I'm talking pre Lehman Aussie top order collapses here :p.

Happy to hear that the linking bug is only with career mode. I think people would be happy to play in the other modes before starting there.

This is not exactly a first look anymore, but here is my video for the career mode: Don Bradman Cricket 14 - First Look At Career Mode - YouTube

I think I'll get the HDMI recording device soon for better quality videos. Seeing a lot of interest in the videos on my channel so would be great to have perfect quality and not phone camera recordings.

P.S. I don't mind getting demolished by the AI on Pro. Not sure why I would even need to play on Legend to show that. :lol

I don't mind getting demolished by the AI on Pro

Make that the one I umpire then, the more shots of me giving people out the better the .gifs will be for @MattW to use ;)

Make that the one I umpire then, the more shots of me giving people out the better the .gifs will be for @MattW to use ;)

Will do that when I play a test match next. Hopefully, I'll get time to practice before that :P

This wont be tonight as I have invites to the Captain America movie premiere :D

Captain America would want you to stay at home and be dismissed by Biggs... Multiple times.

Sure, I'm just publishing two videos today..

PlayStation 3 users, can you please add me on imhassan86? Would love to play online!!

Ok, will add you later on tonight. Pretty bad at batting for now though, so probably not going to play you online for a day or two though. :P

Did you see to many reverse sweeps like the others and did you see the batsman hurt after getting hit by the ball at all ?

No. There weren't too many reverse sweeps. Actually, I've seen some funny shots to deep fine leg from the AI, not just the scoop shot. I haven't played any myself, coz I just play the classy shots *sunglasses on*

And, I got hit a couple of times with the ball, but I didn't see the batsman getting hurt. I will confirm once I play a few more times.

This is not exactly a first look anymore, but here is my video for the career mode: Don Bradman Cricket 14 - First Look At Career Mode - YouTube

Thanks for the video mate!

Some points, starting with the good!

1) I LOVE how the one day match looked at the end, seemingly just after sunset. You could see the light on the players but tell it wasn't night yet. Beautiful.
2) The simulation works very fast so you could really race through a career. In big matches though I'd probably like to watch some of my teammates though :) Perhaps you're the kind of guy who just sits on his mobile checking Tinder whilst everyone else bats ;)
3) I love that we have a different bowling animation for medium pacers. It's very Watto-like.
4) There was a nice caught behind off an edge. That's what all other cricket games have been missing.
5) I love the Sussex ground.
6) I love the sparse crowd. Admittedly it's still much bigger than in real life but who wouldn't turn up to watch you bat? ;)
7) The indication of how far off you are in certain competitions is nice, e.g. the IPL etc. Also I think this is the first definitive proof that you can play in these competitions

A few negatives, although some we already know:

1) Yes, the stat linking thing. I saw there was a huge partnership between the #10 and #11 in one innings, probably because they are ranked as batsmen.
2) The first game was played in the faux MCG. I know there aren't a lot of stadiums but I'd rather see the county games in stadiums like the beautiful Sussex one. Don't get me wrong, the MCG looks great, but I always associate English cricket with tiny stadiums.
3) This would need some clarification, but from the few balls I saw there still seemed to be lots down leg side. Did you get much that was wide outside off, particularly short and wide for cut shots? AI in past games rarely bowled there.
4) Your sweep shot to get clean bowled in the one day match. Awful. Just awful. Hang your head in shame!

Like my namesake, I bought a PS3 copy of the game for myself here in Rawalpindi, Pakistan as well. Only played a practice match and a 5-over game so far and I am already quite impressed. Will be reviewing this game for my website soon.
@BigAntStudios I would like to thanks and congratulate you on the launch of an exciting cricket game.

The bowlers in all the videos look to be bowling too straight and without much swing. Definitely bowling too straight though. I'll be taking on off stump guard and smacking them off my legs when I play.

The bowlers ball too much on the leg side. It actually gets frustrating and you get out while trying to play inside out shots on the off side. :(

Users who are viewing this thread