Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Hope you don't mind me posting this @HBK619 - but just so those interested know what is going on with the AI bowler selection.

HBK619 said:
Yep, we've run today in the other modes and everything is perfect. Career is going to be the only place where this issue will occur and we are going to work to rectify it if it's possible before the patch.

There is definitely an issue with downloading teams and their effects on the roster in Career.

Players likeness and names are downloaded correctly however the roster is not being respected. Essentially the likeness and name for position 1 in the on disk roster is replaced with the likeness and name for position 1 of the downloaded team however retaining the attributes and role of the on disk position 1 rather than the download position 1 (and so on for positions 2,3,4,etc..).

The issue arises because of the need to equalise the skills and attributes of all players because of the use of leaderboards. The system is used to ensure all users start a career with the same skills and attributes however we can see flaws in this now and are working on a fix.

So what would happen if someone used the career team lists to add in unlinked sides to the career mode? How is that handled at the moment?

There is definitely an issue with downloading teams and their effects on the roster in Career.

Is there a way we can fix it by making sure the players for particular teams are downloaded in the same order that they are on the roster on the disk?

I know.. royal pain in the arse to do.. but just a suggestion in the interm for people that care for teams they want to use now properly.

So what would happen if someone used the career team lists to add in unlinked sides to the career mode? How is that handled at the moment?

I expect it would do the same thing, the linking is not the issue.

At least the issue has been identified - apologies for causing a headache. It just really stood out given what teams were being used.

Last edited:
That's a bit of a snafu then. I would prolly suggest/encourage people not to "Day One" download too many teams/players if you're stats-focused in this game, like I'll end up being... Maybe just your favorite team for now?

I'm uploading two videos today. Will share when done.

1) Career mode
2) Tour mode match

That's a bit of a snafu then. I would prolly suggest/encourage people not to "Day One" download too many teams/players if you're stats-focused in this game, like I'll end up being... Maybe just your favorite team for now?

As in the other thread, essentially the on disk and downloaded teams will be identical in career except for name and likeness, so the stats in career will be the same regardless of downloading or not. (The career mode is only using the downloaded likeness and name, nothing else.)

As in the other thread, essentially the on disk and downloaded teams will be identical in career except for name and likeness, so the stats in career will be the same regardless of downloading or not. (The career mode is only using the downloaded likeness and name, nothing else.)

So if we take Jason Behrendorff for example. He is 4th on my WA roster. The default WA roster must have a non-bowler (or a player with very poor bowling skills) as 4th on the roster.

So basically, we get the names and likenesses, but potentially lose the skills/roles attached to the downloaded team depending on their alphabetical position on the roster?

I'm just thinking that in those cases there's no 'on disc' team to compare to for the order, so no attributes/role to compare to.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Might be worth trying it out. Will certainly do so when I get the game if no one else has tried it by then.

At the start of the career the teams attributes/roles are given the default settings regardless of where the team comes from, linked or otherwise, and regardless of the name of the player in that position.

This was done to ensure equality on the leaderboard but is a side effect we never saw in testing - we have an idea for a fix and will add it to the first patch.

It makes no difference to gameplay, just aesthetics.

Last edited:
When is the first patch coming ?
I like my stats to be right!

Users who are viewing this thread