Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

And Ashton Agar opened the bowling.

I dare say that a lot of polish is needed, whether it be the Cricket Academy teams or the game itself.

I'm not sure what more can be done from a creation point of view. In those teams being used, non bowlers were given zero bowling attributes.

John Rogers for WA too...he has zero for all bowling skills as well.

Will obviously need to try it out when we have the game ourselves, but the AI bowler choice logic seems a little bit off? @mikeymerren @HBK619.

Further examples, O'Keefe is classed as an all-rounder and wasn't selected to bowl, yet two NSW players with zero bowling skills were chosen to bowl. Similarly for WA, Michael Hogan (skilled as a bowler), didn't bowl, while John Rogers (zero skills) did bowl.

Maybe there is an issue when they have literally zero skills? A bug of sorts. Try setting their skills from zero to say 20 (out of 100).

----------

I'm not sure what more can be done from a creation point of view. In those teams being used, non bowlers were given zero bowling attributes.

Maybe the game is not expecting zero bowling skills and there is a bug. Try a small but non-zero value.

Maybe there is an issue when they have literally zero skills? A bug of sorts. Try setting their skills from zero to say 20 (out of 100).

That's an interesting point, but I'd say it'd be something better to be tweaked with when we actually have the game in our hands

Yeh I won't be touching anything until I've played the game/heard from the Big Ant team

Does CA include anything about bowling lineups? I'd have thought the game AI would select the best two pace bowlers to open, and then go from there. An exception would be India in India I suppose.

Can you please check the WA team and see if Agar is actually the second ranked bowler?

Maybe the AI simply selects the two highest ranked bowlers. I that case, you could fudge things to make sure no spinners are ranked #1 or #2 , but really it's borderline a bug in the game.

Does CA include anything about bowling lineups? I'd have thought the game AI would select the best two pace bowlers to open, and then go from there. An exception would be India in India I suppose.

Can you please check the WA team and see if Agar is actually the second ranked bowler?

Maybe the AI simply selects the two highest ranked bowlers. I that case, you could fudge things to make sure no spinners are ranked #1 or #2 , but really it's borderline a bug in the game.

I don't have CA access at the moment so someone else would have to check that. Still wouldn't explain why non-skilled bowlers are being selected ahead of skilled bowlers/all-rounders unfortunately.

Yeh I won't be touching anything until I've played the game/heard from the Big Ant team

I do hope your wrong Snowy as that will be a pain. I do wonder why the AI was not R sweeping in this video, all i can think of is the player style you pick when creating a player or your creating skills are just better than the other team picked in the other video.

----------

I don't have CA access at the moment so someone else would have to check that. Still wouldn't explain why non-skilled bowlers are being selected ahead of skilled bowlers/all-rounders unfortunately.

I will.

Just realised that it looks like Behrendorff doesn't bowl either. Something definitely funny going on with the bowling logic...

Ginga

Could you please tell me if it's possible to play multiplayer on the same team.

I did not see anything in CA, i am rusty i will admit. Any hints and i will have a look.

Just realised that it looks like Behrendorff doesn't bowl either. Something definitely funny going on with the bowling logic...

He was only the best shield bowler this year. No biggy.

----------

I do hope your wrong Snowy as that will be a pain. I do wonder why the AI was not R sweeping in this video, all i can think of is the player style you pick when creating a player or your creating skills are just better than the other team picked in the other video.

----------

I will.

Other videos were 5 over matches, where we assume that the AI is significantly different, more aggressive and unorthodox.

Definitely something wrong with the AI bowling changes. Would get irritating when the keepers are bowling instead of the best spinner in the competition and then for the opposition two of the best pace bowlers in the competition aren't bowling because a batsman has decided he'll have a trundle instead.

Users who are viewing this thread