Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

These 5 over matches are cool but really what I want to see is the first 5/10 overs of a test match, both batting and bowling :)

Same here.

I want to see if the pitch map of the AI bowlers will be different.

In these 5 over games, there line and length seems to be all over the place, which is actually good given that it is a 5 over game. But hopefully in tests, the AI bowling will generate a nice pitch map with consistent line and length - a cluster. (or maybe I am expecting too much)

And some quality created teams...the fact that Ryan Carters and Peter Nevill both bowled for NSW though is a huge worry. I literally gave them zero for every bowling attribute (because they're both wicketkeepers).

Last edited:
I watched the last 2 vids, these guys are forgetting to sprint when they run to make sure the get the singles quickly and also slide the bat, its almost the most important thing to remember when batting!!

@BigAntStudios - definitely check out this.

John Rogers for WA too...he has zero for all bowling skills as well.

Will obviously need to try it out when we have the game ourselves, but the AI bowler choice logic seems a little bit off? @mikeymerren @HBK619.

Further examples, O'Keefe is classed as an all-rounder and wasn't selected to bowl, yet two NSW players with zero bowling skills were chosen to bowl. Similarly for WA, Michael Hogan (skilled as a bowler), didn't bowl, while John Rogers (zero skills) did bowl.

Last edited:
They are nice videos. It's just a shame he kept changing to the bowling camera. I skipped through large sections of it because of that.

Excellent new video and no reverse sweeps. A huge plus right there. Keen eye there snowy, bigant are going to have a sizable patch in the near future.

The AI was great to watch.

----------

John Rogers for WA too...he has zero for all bowling skills as well.

Will obviously need to try it out when we have the game ourselves, but the AI bowler choice logic seems a little bit off? @mikeymerren @HBK619

IC2010 had the same problem.

I watched the last 2 vids, these guys are forgetting to sprint when they run to make sure the get the singles quickly and also slide the bat, its almost the most important thing to remember when batting!!

Thing is people forget to do that and they complain that it needed fix as batsman is not attempting to keep the bat on ground. Ross cannot fix something which is correct, isn't it? ;)

Also of note is the second innings... NSW are 3/14 and yet the AI only have a solitary gully in the slip cordon. That's a bit odd.

----------

Further examples, O'Keefe is classed as an all-rounder and wasn't selected to bowl, yet two NSW players with zero bowling skills were chosen to bowl. Similarly for WA, Michael Hogan (skilled as a bowler), didn't bowl, while John Rogers (zero skills) did bowl.

Was about to say that I didn't see SOK bowl, definitely odd. In the short career mode vids that @MattW put up the bowling changes appeared good though

Was about to say that I didn't see SOK bowl, definitely odd. In the short career mode vids that @MattW put up the bowling changes appeared good though

I would say it is due to the fact they're using a team downloaded from the Academy...but the fact that bowlers with zero bowling attributes are being selected ahead of guys like Hogan and O'Keefe who have good bowling attributes, is odd.

Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Career mode player creation gameplay - YouTube

The gameplay in this vid is what we've been after.

Edit: reasonable runs per over. The AI defending and playing as if it is a 4 day game. No reverse-sweeps. Need I say more. Really has the feel of a game with very low crowd; they've captured the atmosphere perfectly.

A nice video, but I really want to see 10 overs of the test AI, particularly seeing them batting. Here there were simulated results with decent run rates but I want to see how the run rates are when facing a human bowler.

----------

Also of note is the second innings... NSW are 3/14 and yet the AI only have a solitary gully in the slip cordon. That's a bit odd.

----------

And Ashton Agar opened the bowling.

I dare say that a lot of polish is needed, whether it be the Cricket Academy teams or the game itself.

I would say it is due to the fact they're using a team downloaded from the Academy...but the fact that bowlers with zero bowling attributes are being selected ahead of guys like Hogan and O'Keefe who have good bowling attributes, is odd.

Wasn't he using your teams?

----------

Except for it not selecting him, despite his career player being a bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread