Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

But he hit it! lol You can see the slight deviation :D

I am not sure if there was a edge or not, still can't wait to play this baby. PS Please break street date today as watching anymore is just a huge tease.

Last thing for this post, love the fielding in this video.

Nice find, was refreshing to see the ambience. Also broadcast camera is not bad like mentioned in some other thread.

You just have to set it up right. The game is looking ace, god the PC version in 2 months time is going to rock.

Nice find, was refreshing to see the ambience. Also broadcast camera is not bad like mentioned in some other thread.

Agree broadcast is not that bad, you can actually bat out whole innings using broadcast camera, judging the ball can't be that of a problem.

Some other things I would like include, from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAEqlA7oHUA&list=UUdwSHDyXRB-VmrFDjszRuZg:

- at 4.20; brilliant bouncer by Morkel, so AI doesn't only ball full length balls, pretty impressive.

- at 6.13; this run-out bug was visible in EA cricket 07 too, batsmen puts his bat after entering the crease.

- at 7.34; bowler looks mad, hitting the stumps two times, even though the bails were down and batsmen was in.

Other than that from what have been seen, game looks awesome, makes it harder to wait, especially for PC users like me, but to be a PC user has its advantage too.

Last edited:
Got the game earlier today. Did a bit of training, and got straight into a match.

Honestly speaking, I loved the bowling. Especially fast bowling. I was playing as Pakistan, and Junaid Khan was bowling some amazing in-swingers into the right handers. The batting however, went bad. Need to spend more time on batting. I found it a wee bit complicated to set the field.

Anyway, overall impressions were good however. There are small things here and there. Too many direct hits, and it gets irritating. I'm not going to write much more for now; overall though, the game is fun. I bowled for 20 overs and I loved it. I got some nicks and edges, of my spinner and quickie so that was awesome. The pace of the game was quick, and it didn't feel like I was actually sitting through 20 overs.

I believe this Video IVG posted was not TEST Match. It was a 5 Over match in Test Kits.

Did anyone notice the cheeky little flick out the back of the hand for the run out?

I like broadcast cam looks lovely!! The edges are so varied adding alot of realism!!

Munkey quite rightfully took him to task on the BigAnt Forum as well. That's where the hate comes from....

A guy called Rocknhell is still giving him crap, i bet ross will get a follow up letter in the near future.:eek:

PS It's a game, some people are just freaks. The wrong kind of freak i mean with a gun as ross pointed out earlier.

----------

Got the game earlier today. Did a bit of training, and got straight into a match.

Honestly speaking, I loved the bowling. Especially fast bowling. I was playing as Pakistan, and Junaid Khan was bowling some amazing in-swingers into the right handers. The batting however, went bad. Need to spend more time on batting. I found it a wee bit complicated to set the field.

Anyway, overall impressions were good however. There are small things here and there. Too many direct hits, and it gets irritating. I'm not going to write much more for now; overall though, the game is fun. I bowled for 20 overs and I loved it. I got some nicks and edges, of my spinner and quickie so that was awesome. The pace of the game was quick, and it didn't feel like I was actually sitting through 20 overs.

Did you see to many reverse sweeps like the others and did you see the batsman hurt after getting hit by the ball at all ?

A guy called Rocknhell is still giving him crap, i bet ross will get a follow up letter in the near future.:eek:

Lol. I haven't seen the email, RucknHell (Ruck) posted something he put on Facebook about the two of us though, he was maaad.

All in all I don't really care what some nearly 40 year old man who acts like a 12 year old thinks of me.

I think it all started from some small snide comment I made to him about advertising his teams (of which he had only done new kits). Probably count the things I've ever said to him on one hand.

Nice to know I make an impression though.

Users who are viewing this thread