Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Definitely something wrong with the AI bowling changes. Would get irritating when the keepers are bowling instead of the best spinner in the competition and then for the opposition two of the best pace bowlers in the competition aren't bowling because a batsman has decided he'll have a trundle instead.

It'll be interesting to test it and see if there is a difference between match types, pitch types, game modes (quick match vs. career). I hope it is something @BigAntStudios can look at. Having the #10 and #11 , with either a 2 or 3 helmet rating for bowling, not bowl, is an issue.

Last edited:
I think assigning approx bowling position in the line-up creation section could help AI

I was just about to say it may have something to do with the batting line up choice in the teams list?

Or could it be the order in which they were made/added to the team? Just guessing like all of us :)

Munkey quite rightfully took him to task on the BigAnt Forum as well. That's where the hate comes from....

Do you have a link? I love to read crazy on the internets... Especially deserved crazy.

Bollinger was number 11 (i think) and was the 6th bowler used so I doubt it'd be that.

Perhaps it's something to do with the algorithm used to select the teams, batting and bowling order? When I did the stats for my Worcestershire team the other day, the Best XI had the right mixture of batsman and bowlers and in the correct order, but the actual player selection was off, i.e quite a few better players were left out.

Do you have a link? I love to read crazy on the internets... Especially deserved crazy.

Lol, he posted my Ross Taylor in ba forum and tried to pass it on as his.... Believe he got banned right after that.

Bollinger was number 11 (i think) and was the 6th bowler used so I doubt it'd be that.

Perhaps it's something to do with the algorithm used to select the teams, batting and bowling order? When I did the stats for my Worcestershire team the other day, the Best XI had the right mixture of batsman and bowlers and in the correct order, but the actual player selection was off, i.e quite a few better players were left out.

Yeh Hogan and Behrendorff were #10 and #11 - certainly not batting order related.

I dutifully went through all his teams last night and half-starred the lot of them. If there's ever a case to crowd-source the downvoting this is definitely the leading candidate... Honestly most of those teams are WOEFUL, the kits are mostly abysmal and the lower-grade Big Bash Teams, as one example, have some of the WORST looking players from very early on in the beta process...

The egomaniacal concept that all his shitty teams should be top rated is mind-blowingly baffling when the whole CONCEPT of the academy is you get lots of great work from a variety of sources, I imagine we will see even more great stuff from people who know nothing about the game or PlanetCricket right now ...and that's a great thing!

Fully encourage everyone to take 10mins and send his shitty, lazy, mostly stolen academy creations to the one-star basement they deserve.

The whole beauty of the Academy is nobody "owns it" or has the right to it. It's for the people, by the people and it's just awesome to be a small part of the journey and certainly, collaboration with other like minded talented folks like Snowy, Blocker, MonkeyMo and more from the BigAnt forums is what will make this game a success and the Academy function well, not some entitled ego fuelled nutbag.

Now, with that being said...

I'M AN UMPIRE ON THE DISC BABY, GOT MAH OWN BAT TOO! You're ALL PAYING FOR ME!!! Hahaha. MEGALOMANIACAL LAUGH [/ego]

And not to harp on about it...but he talks about wanting to provide the best teams and everything - he doesn't even link his players. The only players he has linked would have been existing links from the original creator.

Which was the other aspect of that Tendulkar post I made yesterday, of the 'top 20' or however many are shown in the top section of the list - the only one not to be linked.

Why it matters to this thread is that so many will simply hit yes to get best when they start and never look at the academy. It takes people who have a clear interest in getting it right to fix that up and keep the experience good for everyone.

Or you know, just overrate everyone to get 5 star teams...

I think a few people with the game should try playing it with the on disc teams and see if they get any of the oddities mentioned.

Totally agree. I'll be playing it fresh outta the box and not downloading anything until I have a grasp of the game so I'm not messing up player stats!

Users who are viewing this thread