Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

More than 400+ greedy eyes on the forum but no one posting anything .. I hope Biggs you remain same once you get the game.

Its really making wait harder for the game. Atleast keep on posting something. As I do nothing but reading (write a post very rarely)

Mine just shipped few min back.. :D

Angad, you also ordered from intencity ?

Okay here is one interesting bit. Fielding is better than previous games. It is not just some button press. Positioning and timing matters. For instance, AI played a chip shot towards mid on. So i had my player run back in the direction of long on and when i thought i was in correct position i flicked the right analog stick for the catch. But it was too early, my player jumped and missed the ball. On one similar instance i had done everything correctly and i was rewarded with running backwards one handed catch. Brilliant. Kudos to bigant for getting fielding right. Initially you will struggle to remember which key is which end of stumps. Hint: Just remember that buttons closer to the right analog are for throw at wicketkeeprs end and at wk stumps. While the buttons far from the right analog are for the non striker end and stumps.

Pop the disk in, getting mentally prepped, then... of course I need to download a fricken' firmware update :mad

Hahaha. And then you need to spend a good 5 to 10 minutes for downloading teams ;)

Always one move ahead of yourself?

I get a strange sense of satisfaction seeing all these people that have waited so long to finally get their hands on the game. Hope to see everyone's impressions while I play the waiting game :)

No the opposition is always one move ahead of me.

Pop the disk in, getting mentally prepped, then... of course I need to download a fricken' firmware update :mad

LOL ... same thing happened to me. & for the first time ever I verbally abused my PS3.

whether we have to go live on psn to download best team?
or simply we log in in dbc academy and will do it????

The audio feedback option for bowling timing is great for getting the hang of things. You can use it without the hud, and it helps a lot.

The audio feedback option for bowling timing is great for getting the hang of things. You can use it without the hud, and it helps a lot.

What is that? I need to dig through game option again. :spy

How does it work?? Is it available on higher difficulty levels as well?

Just noticed an even better thing - I had the hud off, but then stuffed up a delivery, the next ball the hud was on again!

Basically, you get a short beep at each stage of the delivery process, when to pull back, and when to push forward, and another beep if you got it right.

Options -> Audio Options -> Audio Bowling Assistance.

This is the first time I've actually had to "buy" a cricket game since about c2k2 and not available in the UK.
This is why review copies are good...

Users who are viewing this thread