Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Just noticed an even better thing - I had the hud off, but then stuffed up a delivery, the next ball the hud was on again!

Basically, you get a short beep at each stage of the delivery process, when to pull back, and when to push forward, and another beep if you got it right.

Options -> Audio Options -> Audio Bowling Assistance.

Thanks, that seems more better as i can now focus on the action on the pitch instead of looking at the meter to get the things right.

Just noticed an even better thing - I had the hud off, but then stuffed up a delivery, the next ball the hud was on again!

Yup, I noticed that too. Shouldn't that be called a bug ?

Did anyone else did a small victory dance in their room due to sheer joy while the teams were getting downloaded :p

First game. Aus vs Kenya T10 on rookie (learning curve). Started off terribly 3/12 lol then 70ish run partnership including a half century. Made 112. Very impressed. Bowling was difficult at first but got the hang of pace after 2 dodgy and expensive overs. Eventually put spinner in and could not work it out for ages. Then realised I was spinning the left stick the wrong way Lol!! Got them all out for 63 off 8.2 overs. So much practice needed but I'm loving it. Career tomorrow...

Basically, you get a short beep at each stage of the delivery process, when to pull back, and when to push forward, and another beep if you got it right.

This seems really good thing for those who have keen ears :D and do not like big hud for bowling.

No, I'd just say the game's being slightly condescending towards my skill.

When you stuff up a delivery after switching off the hud it asks whether you want to turn it on seeing that you suck maybe you just constantly hammered x(or whtev it is for Xbox) and instantly accepted it.
@njn don't think we can switch sides during the game, tried to find a switch but wasn't able to.

This is like those people playing chess against themselves.

I have tried it. I can never win.
Umm, not like playing chess with yourself, you play against the AI, but you either Bat or Bowl throughout, so you play for as well as against both the teams.

Thanks @divinesigil.. Sad, I loved switching sides.. Hope there's at least an option to change sides when you load a saved game or something (this is how it was in BLIC/Cricket 07 etc..)

Last edited:
Quick video of that:

Apologies for the all round terribleness of the quality.

Last edited:

When can we expect an in-depth official review by PC?

When can we expect an in-depth official review by PC?
atleast a week or two may be a month if its going to be really indepth covering career and stuff then only you can expect it to be complete i guess.

Matt what difficulty are you playing

Must be rookie . You can see the size of his bowling assist green zone

Just played my first test match, i suck as i was all out for 52 and 56 in the test.:facepalm

PS I still can not download the teams, do i have to sign in first somewhere. Sorry for asking.

Now for the game, very good Bigant. There are problems as other have said, why only 1 slip at the start of a test match or none. Overall enjoying the game heaps but there is so much still to learn. Later guys.:thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread