Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Funnily enough considering I'm English, the heat doesn't bother me, I worked in the Mohave for a month and it was 100+ every day and I was fine but I can't handle the cold at all, I was in thermals last week still!! Can't make it out!!

I think he's being generous to share what he's already done. I wouldn't stop playing to upload videos or do impressions or a review. Once my pre-order arrives in July, I probably won't leave my Xbox alone for days.

I think he's being generous to share what he's already done. I wouldn't stop playing to upload videos or do impressions or a review. Once my pre-order arrives in July, I probably won't leave my Xbox alone for days.

Love your optimism!

Let the kid play the game, jeez. Best reviews will come about a week after release, not in the first couple of hours of someone playing a 10 over match. Actually, I wouldn't bother reviewing the game until you've played a few hours on Be A Pro, since that's the section of the game we know very little about.

When will the game arrive in torrents?:wave

That is not funny, enjoy your short stay here if you are serious mate.:facepalm:mad

----------

Let the kid play the game, jeez. Best reviews will come about a week after release, not in the first couple of hours of someone playing a 10 over match. Actually, I wouldn't bother reviewing the game until you've played a few hours on Be A Pro, since that's the section of the game we know very little about.

Well said Biggs, maybe if people word it better, Like if you have time please update us on new exciting things you have found in the game.:thumbs

I'm most interested in getting opinions on the fielding and whether this breaks the immersion.

Also, the keeper still looks to be standing far too close to the stumps for the fast bowlers - can you confirm this in case it was a medium pacer that was bowling.

Guys, I haven't found enough time yet to write a detailed review tonight (I'm a married guy, gotta give time to family too :p). The pro mode is definitely better to play with but I only got time to play a 5 over match which wasn't enough gameplay.

I'll just sum it up here: on pro mode, fast bowling is difficult to get right while spin is just like amateur. For batting on pro, fast bowling is easier to play than spin.

Apart from that, I haven't found any legends mode. The unorthodox shots are the same as they were in cricket academy. Also, didn't find any option to bring keeper closer to the stumps. Not sure why you would want that though.

If there are any other questions, I'll definitely reply to them in the morning.

Last edited:
Guys, I haven't found enough time yet to write a detailed review tonight (I'm a married guy, gotta give time to family too :p). The pro mode is definitely better to play with but I only got time to play a 5 over match which wasn't enough gameplay.

I'll just sum it up here: on pro mode, fast bowling is difficult to get right while spin is just like amateur. For batting on pro, fast bowling is easier to play than spin.

Apart from that, I haven't found any legends mode. The unorthodox shots are the same as they were in cricket academy. Also, didn't find any option to bring keeper closer to the stumps. Not sure why you would want that though.

If there are any other questions, I'll definitely reply to them in the morning.

This guy gets it :p

Users who are viewing this thread