Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Could be mistaken but I didn't hear any names, have the creators been slacking off with commentary names? :p

Thanks for the explanation @whiteninness, and the diagrams, diagrams are great! haha. All this time and I had the rule all wrong..

No problem!

I think that there was a change made, perhaps 10-15 years ago. The umpires used to be told to guess the trajectory, including further swing and spin. This rule was designed to make things easier for the umpires. It is similar to the "hands in the back" rule in AFL. You no-longer have to judge the amount of force exerted by a player into the back of another, in order to determine a "push in the back", but instead just look for hands.

Hawk eye does include this rule (it was changed before hawk eye).

What I saw in the video though was different, where the ball seemed to deviate in the up-down direction, not the left-right direction. I'd need another look though.

Is there any option to keep the ground plane...i mean without those stripes

I always remember the snes Super International cricket game when a batsman got sconned in the head, firstly the sound it made!! :eek: then that little cut scene of him going down like a sack of s***

Yes!

I know its a small concern for some people but I hope we get the opportunity to destroy the stumps and appeal every damn ball. I used to waste so much time doing this in that game, contemplating playing it right now for old times sake.

First of all, thanks for the video.

The game does look good, indeed. But I can sense a few issues that can damage the longevity of the game.

At this stage, we're not too sure about the "run-rate" the AI will play at. But I did see from the play-session videos, the Victoria team was playing the 4-day game at 6 RPO.

From this video, I think the AI field settings will be easily exploited. There were numerous positions that no captain would place a fielder in in a real match. Secondly, a few animations are a bit off. Hopefully, it'll all be perfected in the next versions.

Another basic point is the replay camera, which I think can be patched in right away in the 1st patch. There was a brilliant stop in the long-on, but the replay only focused the shot (as always). I think if there is a boundary (or a good stop at the boundary) the 1st replay shot should be of the shot, and the 2nd one should be connected with the ball. So we can see the ball either crossing the boundary or being stopped with a good dive - much more realistic.

Anyway, great video and a very good game as it looks like. Congratz BA! :thumbs

Yes!

I know its a small concern for some people but I hope we get the opportunity to destroy the stumps and appeal every damn ball. I used to waste so much time doing this in that game, contemplating playing it right now for old times sake.

Or if you were slightly depraved, after the stumps were broken at the bowlers end, you could go up to the umpire and try to "whip off his bails" whilst shouting "howzat, howzat".....
well thats what a friend of mine told me anyway....:rolleyes

Game disappointed me in the following things..
1.ball looks very small
2.spinners bowling too much in the air
3.movement of the keeper while collecting ball is unnatural.sometimes slip fielder is taking the ball.this rarely happens in cricket.
4.fielders are hurry for celebration after fall of the wicket they don't care about the path they run.
5.shots are unique and awesome but finishing of a shot is odd(batsman stuck after playing shot before completing shot)
6.fielders are not pro active in taking catches in many occasions. looks as if they are suddenly finding it coming in their way.
7.run out issue.

Last edited:
Page_1_Sharp1_20140331_115219.jpg

Why did you get a six year old to do the picture?

Hi hassan thanks for the video ... what about the man of the match and presentation after match ... if I am not mistaken I think its in the game ... 1 more think did u face yet 155 kph bowler how it feels ... is it like sweating hands feel the pressure or not ??

At this stage, we're not too sure about the "run-rate" the AI will play at. But I did see from the play-session videos, the Victoria team was playing the 4-day game at 6 RPO.

That session was played in 'rookie' difficulty, which is the lowest difficulty on offer.

Users who are viewing this thread