Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

You can't write a detailed review after playing the game for a day either.

First impressions sure. Any review would lack any credible discussion on replay ability or longevity/long term difficulty.

Now would you stop and let the guy write something he feels about the game.

Pleaseee.

What's the legal position in Australia on claiming to be a lawyer when you are not? Also a criminal offence?

It is in Australia, as it is in the UK, however there are many people who act as "advisors" and are careful not to officially present as lawyers but one could easily be led to think they are from the language they use and how they present. The key offense is to claim to be "officer of the court".

I, myself, have never practised for others, often appeared as an expert witness, but never as a lawyer or attorney as I am not currently an officer of the court.

I have defended writs upon myself and pursued others on my own behalf as they are permitted exceptions to the above.

from as far as i can tell on the video, it seems the stats brought up on screen and discussed in commentary ignore the "base" stats? (i.e. i noticed referring to watson as making debut)

or is this because this was a 5 over match type, obviously not ODI/T20 or even List A and therefore maybe classed as an "other" match type and therefore they wouldn't have "base" stats for that?

In my opinion,3 things matter in a cricket game 1)Gameplay 2)Graphics 3)AI response, If these 3 things are good then rest is just a bonus..

At the very least his thoughts after finishing the 20 years of the career mode.

Seriously, no other user has claimed to have the Steelbook - a bit of proof isn't much to ask.

Now would you stop and let the guy write something he feels about the game.

Pleaseee.

Grow up. Anything he writes simply can't be defined as a detailed review, and shouldn't be taken as such.

What is the release date in mid-east (kuwait)

Last edited:
from as far as i can tell on the video, it seems the stats brought up on screen and discussed in commentary ignore the "base" stats? (i.e. i noticed referring to watson as making debut)

or is this because this was a 5 over match type, obviously not ODI/T20 or even List A and therefore maybe classed as an "other" match type and therefore they wouldn't have "base" stats for that?

HBK explained to me it will initially show base stats, and the base stats will change with our performance in game. I've raised with him the possibility if having an option to keep the base stats unchanged.

And yes it was an Other match, so no base stats.

Only one way to test how realistic the AI is; someone sim a t20 between England and the Netherlands and see what the result is...

And if you don't want any review then its ok,i wont post it and @Pat for proof go to shopclues.com and order there and you might need approach to them,thats what i did

1.ball looks very small
2.spinners bowling too much in the air
5.shots are unique and awesome but finishing of a shot is odd(batsman stuck after playing shot before completing shot)
6.fielders are not pro active in taking catches in many occasions. looks as if they are suddenly finding it coming in their way.

1. Are you serious?
2. Thats called flight.
5. Its simply waiting for the user's input on what to do next.
6. This is the first iteration and everything is based on physics hence the fielder needs to adjust as the ball comes their way. The animations would become more smooth in the coming iterations.

You can't write a detailed review after playing the game for a day either.

First impressions sure. Any review would lack any credible discussion on replay ability or longevity/long term difficulty.

Can confirm. The game is very detailed and to just get a good grip on controls at Pro level requires more than a few days.

Unless, you can spend 12 hours continuously in front of your TV daily.

Grow up. Anything he writes simply can't be defined as a detailed review, and shouldn't be taken as such.

will be something to read let him write his detailed impression then (what ever makes you happy).

P.S. dont take everything too seriously not good for your kidneys.

Users who are viewing this thread