Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

AI should be able to adjust to any type of match. Number of overs should not be a constraint. I hope that will be the case. We can't really judge this soon anyways.

The AI does (at least based on what we are told) but it still needs to be tested to make sure it is realistic at different match types.

If I were BA I'd dedicate 99% of my time to testing test, 50 and 20 over matches.

imhassan, just added you on PSN. let me know if you're down to play a casual game

----------

I played Career mode and in the 4-day Aus domestic competition the AI batsmen were still generously hitting reverse sweeps and whatnot off pace bowling. Hopefully that can be improved though

The AI does (at least based on what we are told) but it still needs to be tested to make sure it is realistic at different match types.

If I were BA I'd dedicate 99% of my time to testing test, 50 and 20 over matches.
I played Career mode and in the 4-day Aus domestic competition the AI batsmen were still generously hitting reverse sweeps and whatnot off pace bowling. Hopefully that can be improved though
So AI definitely needs to be tweaked.
Batting- Lesser use of reverse sweeps especially against pacers.
Bowling- Too many bowls on leg side.

I hope more genuine bugs/glitches are reported in coming days, so that they may get patched by BAStudios!
How about bulking 'em all here?

These little nuances can be taken care of. Reverse sweep of a fast bowler should only be a rarity. Has anybody had a go at a test match?

May not be a bug tho with the reverse sweeps could just be the batters type?

May not be a bug tho with the reverse sweeps could just be the batters type?

Not really. I bowled a ball WAY down leg-side to a top order batsman (left handed) who made it a point to get in the way of the ball and still reverse-sweep it to his off side (?? didn't understand that), when if he DID want to play the ball he could smack it anywhere on his leg side. Tried the same thing to a lower-order guy, same result. This was in the 4-day competition

So AI definitely needs to be tweaked.
Batting- Lesser use of reverse sweeps especially against pacers.
Bowling- Too many bowls on leg side.

I hope more genuine bugs/glitches are reported in coming days, so that they may get patched by BAStudios!
How about bulking 'em all here?

Hmmmm, so my theory was that there was an over-abundance of reverse sweeps and leg side bowling in 5 over matches just because they didn't test 5 over matches much.

The fact that it's still seen in 4 day matches is a worry. What about 5 day tests? You'd imagine it'd be very similar AI though, perhaps even identical. This is a worry then.

How are the run rates though? If the AI goes at a run rate between 2 and 4 then I'll still be happy, even if his aggressive shots are not what you'd expect.

Not really. I bowled a ball WAY down leg-side to a top order batsman (left handed) who made it a point to get in the way of the ball and still reverse-sweep it to his off side (?? didn't understand that), when if he DID want to play the ball he could smack it anywhere on his leg side. Tried the same thing to a lower-order guy, same result. This was in the 4-day competition

I mean by 'type' in the editor there's aggressive, precise.... and so on there is one for reverse sweeps there... Just a thought

How are the run rates though? If the AI goes at a run rate between 2 and 4 then I'll still be happy, even if his aggressive shots are not what you'd expect.

Run rates isn't an issue. High 2's to high 3's was what I saw in the Aus competition

Run rates isn't an issue. High 2's to high 3's was what I saw in the Aus competition

When you say 'saw', you were playing as one of the Aus teams yeah and bowling?

Can you give us a scorecard of your 4 day game, up to now?

Also I'm only really interested in the AI scores during an actual game vs a human, not when you simulate it. It's not too difficult to simulate realistic AI vs AI scores. It's relatively much harder to get realistic scores in AI vs human. I understand it's tough now though since the human players will probably suck.

What I don't want to see though is crappy bowling leading to the AI smacking you around the park but constantly getting out, like in IC 10, Ashes 09 and pretty much all cricket games.

----------

I mean by 'type' in the editor there's aggressive, precise.... and so on there is one for reverse sweeps there... Just a thought

They have a reverse sweep skill? Perhaps that could be lowered. That may not stop the AI attempting them though, but just causing them to get out more. That'd probably make the overall results worse!

They have a reverse sweep skill? Perhaps that could be lowered. That may not stop the AI attempting them though, but just causing them to get out more. That'd probably make the overall results worse!

No but i think they will attempt it more if they are set to radical... it says 'focus on Unorthodox shots, to keep the fielders guessing... Watch out for reverse sweep.''

No but i think they will attempt it more if they are set to radical... it says 'focus on Unorthodox shots, to keep the fielders guessing... Watch out for reverse sweep.''

Okay then, although that's just a particular player type. Warner and Finch maybe, like we saw in the video, but probably not all.

@tabishy try playing against someother nation? So far it has been only the Australian AI that has been playing like this. Would like to know if all the teams play like that.

Users who are viewing this thread