Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

I'm loving the game, but I find bowling doesn't bounce to the keeper at good height and my career mode player as a fast bowler loses his pace after the 2nd over of a spell. But other than that I think the game is awesome!

the bowling looks really slow, but maybe that's just because the videos are in career mode and you can't be a raw fast bowler straight away.

are their any animations for being hit by the ball? seem to have seen some commentary suggesting someone's been hit but the batsman's not registered. same as the nets was when you belted on the head.

the bowling looks really slow, but maybe that's just because the videos are in career mode and you can't be a raw fast bowler straight away.

are their any animations for being hit by the ball? seem to have seen some commentary suggesting someone's been hit but the batsman's not registered. same as the nets was when you belted on the head.

I've hit a batsman a couple of times and they haven't been affected, the commentators have even said things about it hurting the batsman, but the batsman stays in his stance

I assume thats why. In the video below at 1:50 you can see the speed of a 90mph+ ball.

Don Bradman Cricket 14: Australia vs India ODI (Indian Inninngs) - YouTube

Really enjoying this game, just got some questions and comments from my first look at the game, that Id like to get feedback on out there. Thanks.

Does batting get easier (ie: shots easier to time) as the ball wears and batsman stay in longer? If so, then this would justify taking a defensive approach at the start of an innings.

How are people utilising the defence and leave buttons? It just seems so hard to be able to recognise in a split second what balls should be blocked and what should be played with the current control setup. If block was as simple as not putting in input into the left stick then that would be much easier than having to press the right trigger. At the moment it?s all pre-meditated and I can?t see ever being able to execute it as a result of reading the line and length.

Rain ? great to see it in the game, but when it did rain you can see it coming down, but the players played the entire match without coming off! Do players ever come off for rain?

Career mode workaround ? I started my career before linking the teams, so even though I am playing it with unlicensed names at least everything works properly in terms of bowler selection etc. I saved my career and downloaded the teams and can use these in every other form. Loading my career its back to the unlicensed but working teams, which I don?t really mind.

Don't know if these have been posted here yet...but here is a video of an online match between Mumbai Indians and Planet Cricket.

A lot of cool stuff to watch out for:

a) Biggs making an unbelievable magical stumping (or was it a runout?)
b) MattW running in to bowl (that's the best part of the whole match :p)
c) MattW robbed of his wicket :p
d) Me maintaining my batting average in the game :p

Part1/3:

Part2/3:

Part3/3:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ angy, thanks for posting all 3. I only saw part 2 where i opened and hit a four followed by getting bowled. Never realized how pumped up i would feel seeing myself bat and how horrible it felt getting bowled.

Did you get the game yet?

Playing a tour mode test match as the west indies and i noticed when i was batting the cpu had some odd fielding positions with guys at long off and long on very early in the innings which is very unrealistic. This is very off putting and is something that needs to be fixed or else the whole test match mode is not worth playing.

As for the bowling, i think it is looking very good so far. There have been a few play and misses, i managed to clean bowl Alex Doolan. I have bowled to Australia for 25 overs and they are going at about 5 RPO all because of Warner though he is at a run a ball. The other batsmen have a much more realistic strike rate.

I am finding batting very hard with picking up the line and length. It feels like im playing a guessing game. Any help would me much appreciated

Playing a tour mode test match as the west indies and i noticed when i was batting the cpu had some odd fielding positions with guys at long off and long on very early in the innings which is very unrealistic. This is very off putting and is something that needs to be fixed or else the whole test match mode is not worth playing.

As for the bowling, i think it is looking very good so far. There have been a few play and misses, i managed to clean bowl Alex Doolan. I have bowled to Australia for 25 overs and they are going at about 5 RPO all because of Warner though he is at a run a ball. The other batsmen have a much more realistic strike rate.

I am finding batting very hard with picking up the line and length. It feels like im playing a guessing game. Any help would me much appreciated

Do not premeditate. Watch the ball till last sec and then decide whether you want to play it on front or back foot.

Hahaha, OH MY GOD...

Okay so bowling is ballachingly tough, especially spin bowling but shit it's SO MUCH FUN! But you don't want to hear about that, you want to hear about THIS match I just played...

Big Ant vs. Planet Cricket 5 over a side smash n' get em game, because why not. So, BigAnt batted first... @Dutch picked up @BigAntStudios first ball, royal golden duck. Glorious! After that I started getting smashed, or specifically @barmyarmy did. In the end, after Sibi got a couple of wickets in the last over BigAnt put on 56 off their 5 overs, the AI is absolutely brilliant and just threw the bat at everything in the final over allowing Sibi to grab a few wickets.

PlanetCricket batting first and right off the mark, HUGE collapse. Useless @Biggs went for a duck, top order crumbled until @MattW and @angad steadied the ship with a HUGE over, Matt sending it over the boundary four times in one over.

We needed 20 off the last over to win and... WE GOT 19 with Matt getting run out one-short of the 20 runs. Literally had my heart pumping as if it was a real game!! Absolutely ridiculous...

So then, I figure boo. Lame draw and the commentary lets me know about a SUPER OVER! Holy Zeus' crotch on fire IVE GOT THIS, stay in the shed boys... So Biggs walks out and smashes a mother lovin' this guy got this shit 19 RUNS off the BigAnt super over!

Game over, don't even bother coming out on the park @BigAntStudios... But for some reason they do, Barmy bowls the super over and gets Ross for ANOTHER first ball duck, I mean, you couldn't make this shit up!! Barmy gets another Big-Anter for a duck and it's all over! Batsman out, not a run on the board...

PLANET CRICKET WINS! PLANET CRICKET WINS!

Shut the door, here's the scorecard.

This game is balls out brilliant.

Unbelievable.

P.S ... @blockerdave umpired so there's a good chance that's why @Ross bottled it during the match, hahaha. What. A. Story. Only a piss about game... So so so good. Gotta go practice bowling some more, that shit is crazy fun but frustrating...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 99
Has anyone been caught bat/pad yet, im interested in seeing a closeup replay of one? In my earlier game I got hit directly in the helmet and it it made a lovely ping noise, just wish there was some sort of animation for a body blow like that because it looked like it hurt :D.

are their any animations for being hit by the ball?.

Yup, can confirm this. Scones a batsman in the head and made an AWESOME clunk and the batsman head rocked back just like you'd expect. Commentary also followed it up. Top notch.

great, I don't really mind someone not moving after getting hit on the arm, batsmen mostly play it down anyway, but it would have been lame had they not moved if they were beaned. jolly good.

Users who are viewing this thread