Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Haven't played multiplayer, but bowling with the batting camera is better than batting with the bowling camera.

I've got my local multiplayer set up so it's a broadcast presentation, with Field 1 for fielding with the batting inverted and it makes it play well for both parties. It's basically the way other cricket games have been, but it works well for multiplayer.

Of course in single player mode, I do use the default cameras and Field 1 for fielding, as that view is awesome for single player.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Man, speaking of camera options... how AMAZING is the replay system? I've lost 20mins once watching a six belted out of the park from just about every angle... Incredible little feature, and zooming right up close to the ball upon point of impact is just wonderful.

----------

Also, I'm guessing we've all noticed how your bat starts to collect a stack of 'cherrys' after you've been batting for a while, I'm also pretty certain they remain on your bat into the second innings during 4 day and Test matches? Either way, it's wicked to see that sort of detail...

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Man, speaking of camera options... how AMAZING is the replay system? I've lost 20mins once watching a six belted out of the park from just about every angle... Incredible little feature, and zooming right up close to the ball upon point of impact is just wonderful.

----------

Also, I'm guessing we've all noticed how your bat starts to collect a stack of 'cherrys' after you've been batting for a while, I'm also pretty certain they remain on your bat into the second innings during 4 day and Test matches? Either way, it's wicked to see that sort of detail...

Didn't notice that. Will have to have a closer look at my players bat after batting into a good innings. That's ridiculous detail.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
My bat was pretty full of em after clocking up 69 the other day... it resets each match to a "clean" bat. The longer you stay in, the messier it gets.

Guybrush Threep

Club Captain
Nope. I havent bowled in career. All these instances have been either in tour mode, competition mode, or a casual game, usually with random pitches and weather etc...
I will say though that ive had a fair bit of luck using south africa

What difficulty are you playing?

I challenge anyone to show me a genuine edge to slips while they are using a fast bowler in veteran difficulty.

Hunbbel

Club Captain
What difficulty are you playing?

I challenge anyone to show me a genuine edge to slips while they are using a fast bowler in veteran difficulty.

I'm playing career mode on PRO. This morning, while I was bowling with my player (who is a fast-medium, short guy with pace around 125-135 kmph) I saw a pretty awesome edge.

I bowled a very full delivery on off-stump. It was an out-swinger that I bowled after bowling a few in-swingers. The batsman obliged and drove towards extra cover, only to nick it. The ball flew towards third-slip, who took the catch at knee height. The keeper (as usual) dived, too, but the ball had gone past him, and into the third-slip's hands, before he could reach it.

P.S: Given said that, I agree that there are not as many edges as there should have been. But other PC members have said that the number of edges are fine, so it could be a problem with my bowling style.

srk121

International Coach
I'm playing career mode on PRO. This morning, while I was bowling with my player (who is a fast-medium, short guy with pace around 125-135 kmph) I saw a pretty awesome edge.

I bowled a very full delivery on off-stump. It was an out-swinger that I bowled after bowling a few in-swingers. The batsman obliged and drove towards extra cover, only to nick it. The ball flew towards third-slip, who took the catch at knee height. The keeper (as usual) dived, too, but the ball had gone past him, and into the third-slip's hands, before he could reach it.

P.S: Given said that, I agree that there are not as many edges as there should have been. But other PC members have said that the number of edges are fine, so it could be a problem with my bowling style.

Edges are definately there in the game and enough to keep you going. The more you bowl the better understanding you are going to have about how to bowl.

Career mode initially you are hardly going to get edges due to lack of skills. Once you are into the groove and different type of deliveries then you will see the edge coming.

My career bowler is Medium pace, and now that i have certain skills develpoed a bit i do tend to see edges and faint ones too. In terms of other modes i can only recommend that you get use to bowling and generate pace with skills, you will surly see edges.:)

Hunbbel

Club Captain
Edges are definately there in the game and enough to keep you going. The more you bowl the better understanding you are going to have about how to bowl.

Career mode initially you are hardly going to get edges due to lack of skills. Once you are into the groove and different type of deliveries then you will see the edge coming.

My career bowler is Medium pace, and now that i have certain skills develpoed a bit i do tend to see edges and faint ones too. In terms of other modes i can only recommend that you get use to bowling and generate pace with skills, you will surly see edges.:)

:thumbs By the way, you say you are a medium-pacer. Does your bowler generate enough bounce so the edges can easily be caught in the slip cordon?

I have a fast-medium bowler, whom I (mistakenly) designed only to be 170cm. He doesn't generate enough pace and bounce, and edges (if there are any) rarely carry. I suspect his height has a huge impact on it. I'm even thinking of my resetting my career with a different player (I am 'getting attention' for Australia's test team and 'expecting selection' for the English County season, so it's kind of a hard decision).

How tall your bowler is and what's the status of the pace, edges, bounce and carry?

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This game is amazing Ross! :thumbs

Where do I start? Well...started off with the tutorials, batting was fine as I've had plenty of practice in the nets but the bowling was tough (this is going to take time to master for sure). Decided to jump into a Test match on Amatuer difficulty, Zimbabwe (ME) v Bangladesh (AI).

Apologies for the poor quality...

VDX3qY0.jpg

So I scored a fifty in my first match! :cheers

Best part was when Sibanda was on 47 and I got hit right in front of the stumps, I was convinced that I was out but decided to review just out of hope seeing as I was so close to a half century. Turns out I got a little nick on the toe end of the bat and the decision was over turned! :thumbs

If I can get Sibanda to a century in my first match i'll be over the moon!

PS: I haven't experienced any bugs at all from those 32 overs of batting :)

srk121

International Coach
:thumbs By the way, you say you are a medium-pacer. Does your bowler generate enough bounce so the edges can easily be caught in the slip cordon?

I have a fast-medium bowler, whom I (mistakenly) designed only to be 170cm. He doesn't generate enough pace and bounce, and edges (if there are any) rarely carry. I suspect his height has a huge impact on it. I'm even thinking of my resetting my career with a different player (I am 'getting attention' for Australia's test team and 'expecting selection' for the English County season, so it's kind of a hard decision).

How tall your bowler is and what's the status of the pace, edges, bounce and carry?

Height does affect your bowling and carry of the bounce too. However once you start generating pace the ball does carry. The analogue stick timing is the most important part. My bowler hieght is only 165cm and i do have get few edge which do carry and some don't due to not timing my jump right.

Users who are viewing this thread