Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

I personally although I understand the colours think green would have been better for a full ball and red for a short ball will yellow/orange in between because that is how I naturally think it would be.

That's odd. I don't know if it's another game or just how I think, but it seems exactly right to me. Green for normal, red for danger and yellow for..I don't know..caution?

That's odd. I don't know if it's another game or just how I think, but it seems exactly right to me. Green for normal, red for danger and yellow for..I don't know..caution?

Yeh, I see how it works, it's just from watching videos so far I think I'll struggle to get out of the mindset of the kind of gradient of colours with the redder being shorter. Just the way I think I guess :D.

Spent last night drinking with people I'd never met from an internet football game that I play (something that a certain Edinburgher who frequents these parts may raise a wry grin at). However was delighted to find the game waiting when I came home. Managed to drunkenly beat Glamorgan with Surrey in a 5 over bash before passing out. I recall missing the first 5 balls completely, but managing to biff a couple of sixes later on and remember somehow pulling off a diving catch whilst holding on for a nailbiting 6 run win.

Found the controls very natural, which is something you can't normally say about a cricket game. Really excited about spending some quality time on this over the weekend! I presume I was playing on the lowest possible difficulty level last night...

I've never had as much fun playing a video game as I've had in the last 4 hours. Pace bowling is absolutely brilliant. Hopefully I'll get used to batting and spin bowling soon. The game is also very realistic. In the t20 World Cup, I bowled netherlands out for 120, before capitulating to 68 all out (I was england).

Absolutely wonderful.

I have to say that this is without a doubt the best game I have ever bought and worth every penny I paid for it.

All I have done so far is spend 10 overs in the field against Surrey, I have only touched the ball once but the feel of it is so good.

Well done to all at Big Ant!!!!

I've never had as much fun playing a video game as I've had in the last 4 hours. Pace bowling is absolutely brilliant. Hopefully I'll get used to batting and spin bowling soon. The game is also very realistic. In the t20 World Cup, I bowled netherlands out for 120, before capitulating to 68 all out (I was england).

Absolutely wonderful.

did you manage to pick and just play as england?

I simulated the games that didn't involve england then chose them in the match screen before a game. I didn't see an option to only be able to control them before the tournament started.

that's what i suspected... very weird, if you ask me... kind of kills "competition mode"

Couldn't wait to get home from work today and have a bash (at this game!) and I have to say a big thanks to Big Ant, it looks stunning.

I had a quick practice but all ready I don't put thing down and know how my weekend is going to pan out.

Really I have looked forward to a game as much as this.

Yesterday my career player was full on and there had been massive hitting spree.:D In odi match scored century in 26 balls, out next ball. :eek: I played to my strengths mostly hitting sixes toward fine leg as I was batting on overs with fielding restriction. Once AI had put fielder on fine-leg long off was open so I started hitting there. Few shots I took some risk and hit those over the fielders as I wanted to cross the record for fastest century ( game or commentator in the game do not recognize this, can we have these kinds of achievements in patch or if not then next iteration @BigAntStudios).

Next ball after I reached century, I tried again but this time mid on fielder activated his super-powers and taken the catch between long on and deep mid-wicket boundary.
Still my average sucks in career ( FC 12 -highest 71, ODI 27 - highest 104 at the end of season 1) as I got hang of batting just 3-4 days back and many times I am still getting out with low scores. But its same real cricket which is very unpredictable so I take it in stride. May be I need more patience or keep on saying every dog has its day :lol

Still amazed seeing this scorecard now may be zillionth time. Was it me batting. When will I be able to replicate it. My last few innings were poor (5,16,34,0,9).. may be I am trying too hard to do it again.:mad
Don't do it, its really bad for your career.;)

Attachments

• 20140410_232838.jpg
    20140410_232838.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 56
Great game play for 12 hour no bugs found didnt try career mode yet love this game can't believe I have this game already big thanks Ross from new york

I have to say that this is without a doubt the best game I have ever bought and worth every penny I paid for it.

All I have done so far is spend 10 overs in the field against Surrey, I have only touched the ball once but the feel of it is so good.

Well done to all at Big Ant!!!!

Maybe a tiny bit premature and overzealous but good for you. Hope the feeling continues.

Does any one Know how to change default opening bowlers ???

Everytime I vs AI pakistan or West indies they open the bowling with S.Ajmal and S.Narine ... Even in test matches .... doesn't feel like a real game at all lol

Superb game. Far better than anything I've ever played. Can't wait for the patch as it is a necessity. Batting and spin bowling are pains in the arse but so fun. We're on to a winner here.

Also you content creators. You've done a job too in enhancing the game for all. This game with licenses and a few improvements and this rivals FIFA

Why do people keep thinking the third Australian stadium with the SCG and MCG in this game is Adelaide, when it's clearly the WACA ground in Perth?.

But it says Adelaide Gardens?

Does this mean we won't be able to play at Perth and Hobart in career? :(

Users who are viewing this thread