Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Thanks Mate .

I allways try and throw in a ;) or whatever to try and give a hint .

PS. Stop dodging me online and lets get a game going :) :)

If you're talking to me I'm not online...

I`m most certainly talking to the funkyyellowpanda .

We should have a matchup , whenever both is online again.

Me and Gentoras tried several times, but couldnt get a game going as he could not connect to my hosted games.

Very happy with my improvement in Legend level...Played a T20 between Aus ans Pak... Batted first and got 168 with Watson scoring 65...But the AI batting is very poor and they get out very easily...Got them all out for 86. :)

I just noticed playing CC games that opposition fast-medium bowlers (often opening bowlers) are running in at 60-70mph.
Makes it easier to play at any rate!

It'd be an easy, albeit perhaps a bit tiresome, fix to just make all bowlers 'fast' then.

The other possibility I can think of is that they batted first and got tired from batting?

It'd be an easy, albeit perhaps a bit tiresome, fix to just make all bowlers 'fast' then.

The other possibility I can think of is that they batted first and got tired from batting?

They do. The number 7 batsman I was playing with last night in my career started off just short of 50% fatigued when he came in after Vic hit us around for a total of 588 from their first innings. Thing is, despite me trying not to push him much for singles (at least not making him sprint unless absolutely necsessary) he pretty much stayed at the same point.

Do people think fatigue affects batting as much as bowling? Also is there the option of turning off the speed gun? Make it like old times hehe (for those who remember) and you won't notice the fatigue issue as much.

Do people think fatigue affects batting as much as bowling? Also is there the option of turning off the speed gun? Make it like old times hehe (for those who remember) and you won't notice the fatigue issue as much.

I feel that it makes a difference for sure...Even a well timed shot doesn't travel so far as it does when you don't have fatigue...

You're right, the balance of the game relies on so many elements that we need to be careful not to throw it completely out of whack and fixing the fatigue issue would make the bowlers more dominant than they are. The AI's batting in patch#2 will be a lot better (as in "smarter").

To be honest I find a lot of my wickets are taken either after the bowlers are fatigued and bowling in the low 110's or when I've bolwed a poor delivery that comes down slowly... I think the AI's eyes just light up and try to smash the pie i'm flinging 20 rows back only t hole out or miss the ball completely and get bowled!

So maybe the fix to the bowler speed/fatigue issue won't have the negative effect on AI batting after all...

Moaning about Moaners

As soon as I had played the game on the day of release, I wanted to come on here and rave about the game and really give it a good review. However, I came on to the message boards and all I could see was dross slating the game and the developers. I thought this was harsh and decided to delay posting on the message board and wait for the anger to calm and also give myself time to play the game thoroughly.
After doing this i see the majority who had been slating the game are still happily playing the game and posting on these forums (Surprise Surprise :facepalm)
Granted the game has a few faults here and there with the gameplay, on the budget Big Ant created the game on this had to be expected. I genuinely believe it would take a lot for a company like EA to produce a cricket sim anywhere near the quality of this. The market for cricket games isn't massive so I doubt we will see a lot of competition, but do we need it? I dont think we do! With all the customisation and depth of players and teams in the academy DB14 is more than enough to keep even the most avid fan happy.
I have been playing for around 3 weeks now on and off with work and the GF in the ear, I believe I will have amassed around 30/40 hours. In those hours you get used to the few glitches there are in the game and find that different genuine cricket strategies actually work which hasn't been achieved in any of the previous titles on the market. I played a full test match ENGvAUS from the winter both teams scoring around 360 in the first innings and AUS posted 280 in the 2nd. Leaving me with 301 to chase which I didn't achieve unfortunately, however a test match is a pretty good way to test the longevity of a game and it held up well, the commentary gets a bit dull but other than that it stayed entertaining till the end.

People who have been put off buying this game I hope I change your minds, because the people who enjoy moaning will moan about anything no matter what. If needs be, wait until patch 2 and you will have a very enjoyable cricket game with plenty of gaming hours to keep you entertained! :cheers

Hi Tommy, thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I think the reviews on here have been mostly positive but people at this point are trying to provide constructive feedback for Big Ant so they can make the right changes in the forthcoming patch. As I said in my review this game is almost amazing; it just needs a few more tweaks and changes.

So the ai scored 360 and 280 at what difficulty and did you bowl to ai all the overs or these ai scores are result of simulation?

Users who are viewing this thread