MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
For digital releases (the one Dave is referring to about PS4) you really don't have an excuse. Apparently Tru Blu did the digital release on the new consoles, rather than Big Ant self publishing like for the digital PC and PS3/360 releases. Them cutting themselves in might also explain the insane digital pricing in the UK.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
For digital releases (the one Dave is referring to about PS4) you really don't have an excuse. Apparently Tru Blu did the digital release on the new consoles, rather than Big Ant self publishing like for the digital PC and PS3/360 releases. Them cutting themselves in might also explain the insane digital pricing in the UK.

Oh really? Hmm.

It would make sense: I wouldn't want to be publishing a game at retail that was being published by someone else on digital: I'd make it mandatory that I get both... Of course as a developer I would absolutely want to do digital myself. So a bit of a wrestle.

But that does make sense of the pricing: a publisher who *does* have both will be forced by retail to keep digital pricing comparative. Otherwise retail will buy significantly less (if any) from you, without that guarantee. The thing I still don't understand is why the price itself was so ridiculously high.

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How does one bowl spin?

I have used the left analog stick and have got perfect/good length balls but the RPM still shows 400 -450 . Any idea guys?

I generally rotate the LAS 3 times until it finishes in the perfect zone while the RAS controls length ( mostly good length) but still the ball does not have any RPM
Any help guys ?

Stu10

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I can't believe there is no Worm or Manhattan graph :noway

Al Pacino

School Cricketer
DBC 14 is a game in which the controls have no use and have no meaning especially in the batting as the makers have made it like real but a joystick cant have the same reflex of a human body. Batting is terrible and cant get better even after practicising . there is no way one can judge the length and line of the bol and decide the foot as well as whether to play it defensively or normal shot or a six shot in microseconds as well as with proper timing. I know in real life batsman have to do the same but they have an actual bat in their hand which is not the same with joystick . So for the video game point of view this game is worthless to play and a waste of money .

duberryboy1

Club Captain
DBC 14 is a game in which the controls have no use and have no meaning especially in the batting as the makers have made it like real but a joystick cant have the same reflex of a human body. Batting is terrible and cant get better even after practicising . there is no way one can judge the length and line of the bol and decide the foot as well as whether to play it defensively or normal shot or a six shot in microseconds as well as with proper timing. I know in real life batsman have to do the same but they have an actual bat in their hand which is not the same with joystick . So for the video game point of view this game is worthless to play and a waste of money .

So basically you are not good at the game? And clearly you don't know much about cricket in real life. International batsmen, bat with a certain level of premeditation which is no different to what you need in DBC.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Santander

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know in real life batsman have to do the same but they have an actual bat in their hand which is not the same with joystick .
Swinging a 3 lb piece of wood with two hands is easier than moving two joysticks with your fingers?..

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
....Wait, this game needs a controller?

Users who are viewing this thread