Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

SpiderSlatts

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yes, all of the presentation values, lighting systems, players systems (sweat, etc...) have all come across from out previous games.

Where they are appropriate, cheerleaders, ticker tape, celebrations, fireworks, etc.. will be there :)

I think this is fantastic. Yes people are complaining about it possibly detracting from gameplay but if all this was already present in the other games BigAnt have made then surely translating it to the cricket title wasn't that hard! Fingers crossed for some excellent gameplay to go with it :) We want gripping 5 day test matches!!!

Allrounder18

Banned
Ok most important question , is it coming for PC ??? (I hope its not exclusive for consoles :() Also will be any career mode?

----------

Hehe chief , lurking on this thread:p

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
will there be different player builds - i.e. at least have small, medium and large heights if nothing else?

srk121

International Coach
I have to say i am more interested in this game compare to AC13. Even though i have been playing IC10 and know what sort of gameplay to expect i am very much interested in BigAnt game. I do have few question, would appriciate if Ross can answer those for me.

1. Why all of a sudden BigAnt came with their screenshots? were you waiting for Trickstar to announce their title?

2. Crowd and Stadiums looks amazing in RL title, is cricket going to feature similar stature of ditails of the stadiums, players, and crowds?

3. Career mode, Would you be again similar to RL if it is so, then it would be amazing. ( Loving the grand final trailer for RL)

4. I like to overall feel of the game, specially the 2nd screenshot,

5. One thing that all the past cricket games did NOT have was the unpredicatablity of the Bowl. Has this been captured accordingly?

6. How much does the stamina, Fatigue, Injuries, form, previous innings play part in the game?

7. Is there like a touring countires to countries type of creeer mode as well as individual career mode?

8. Feild setting has been the biggest let down, and lack of AI thinking. How is this game different? and what measures are being taken to avoid these fatal errors from past games?

Last edited:

Allrounder18

Banned
Me too I am more interesting in this game compare to AC13 solely because of career mode. (Plz tell it will me endless and ulike 10 year career mode like Rugby league) , as SRK121 asked will there be unpredictability in bowling ? like not every bowl you intend to behave will behave exactly i-e if you bowl an inswinger it will not move exactly same over an over. This will result in those wow moments where bowler will be able to bowl magic delivery and batsmen just get bamboozled.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think this is fantastic. Yes people are complaining about it possibly detracting from gameplay but if all this was already present in the other games BigAnt have made then surely translating it to the cricket title wasn't that hard! Fingers crossed for some excellent gameplay to go with it :) We want gripping 5 day test matches!!!

Just to bring a bit of perspective to this discussion, lets remember Big Ant made the worst rugby league game of all time ...not to throw cold water on anyone's hot coffee here, but all that aside, it sounds at least like they're getting things right in the sequel

...I don't think we really need "cheerleaders" in a cricket game, but if that's something BigAnt are putting a focus on, with more gimmicky stuff, then at least we'll have some nice choices on what we spend our money on next year cricket gaming wise!

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just to bring a bit of perspective to this discussion, lets remember Big Ant made the worst rugby league game of all time ...not to throw cold water on anyone's hot coffee here, but all that aside, it sounds at least like they're getting things right in the sequel

...I don't think we really need "cheerleaders" in a cricket game, but if that's something BigAnt are putting a focus on, with more gimmicky stuff, then at least we'll have some nice choices on what we spend our money on next year cricket gaming wise!

There isn't a focus on the glitzy stuff, they kind of come for "free".

We did indeed make a bare-bones Rugby League game, that's for sure, I certainly put my hands up there.

Since that time we made the best selling (and best :) ) AFL game of all time and also the now the best Rugby League title of all time. The advantage for our cricket game is that it comes after these and there is a clear path of improvement in our games.

SpiderSlatts

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I have to agree with Ross. Yes RL was a bit of a flop, but so what? Companies make mistakes, it's part and parcel of being a games developer. The important question is whether they learn from these. I think the evidence of RLL2 and AFL Live has shown that BigAnt can make a realistic sports game.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have to say i am more interested in this game compare to AC13. Even though i have been playing IC10 and know what sort of gameplay to expect i am very much interested in BigAnt game. I do have few question, would appriciate if Ross can answer those for me.

1. Why all of a sudden BigAnt came with their screenshots? were you waiting for Trickstar to announce their title?

2. Crowd and Stadiums looks amazing in RL title, is cricket going to feature similar stature of ditails of the stadiums, players, and crowds?

3. Career mode, Would you be again similar to RL if it is so, then it would be amazing. ( Loving the grand final trailer for RL)

4. I like to overall feel of the game, specially the 2nd screenshot,

5. One thing that all the past cricket games did NOT have was the unpredicatablity of the Bowl. Has this been captured accordingly?

6. How much does the stamina, Fatigue, Injuries, form, previous innings play part in the game?

7. Is there like a touring countires to countries type of creeer mode as well as individual career mode?

8. Feild setting has been the biggest let down, and lack of AI thinking. How is this game different? and what measures are being taken to avoid these fatal errors from past games?

1. The timing has more to do with the Rugby League (RLL2) game being shipped.

2. If anything the detail and lighting is better. RLL2 had lighting that was swapped in/out over time, Cricket has dynamic lighting that has the sun incrementally move, shadows dynamically changing and cloud effects. We want you to feel that you are batting the middle of a cauldren, to feel tingles in your spine when you walk onto the field (I think we got that right with the grand final run on in RLL2).

3. Our Cricket will have the same depth in terms of the career mode as RLL2 but not the same number of licenses. (RLL2 had 100+ licensed teams in it's career mode from u17's and up.) I am hoping that the player creator makes up for the lack of licenses, and the ability for people to share teams that they have created - any one elses team you meet online is automatically stored on your system for you to keep. We believe this will keep the game fresh and allow great longevity.

4. Thanks :)

5. We are trying a few different things, the easy thing is a perfect ball everytime, the difficulty is how much randomisation there is and how to balance that with player skill. There is an idea that if a player has perfect input then they should get the perfect result but that makes for a dull game when a player gets perfect muscle memory over time. As we are not using quick time events this is less of a problem for us. FIFA has used some interesting shot modification techniques in the past that we are also looking at including making things more difficult when under pressure.

6. Stamina, Fatigue, Injuries, form, previous innings are very influentual, players need to be managed well.

7. More on the Career mode will follow. I should clear up early though that this is not a "be a pro mode".

8. All I can say is that I think this is under control, if you could tell me your biggest dislikes from the previous then I will try to make sure we don't fall into the same traps.

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
how many grounds will be in the game and from what countries?

timchrist984

Club Captain
Personally, I've got quite a bit of faith in this game, probably more than AC13 tbh. Having played AFL Live 2011, I can confirm that the player editor is epic. You can recreate a face almost perfectly. I'm really not too fussed about the licences, especially with such a great editor. A fake BBL would be fantastic though. On the gameplay side of things, I'll really be hoping for some decent test matches, hopefully around the quality and length of those for IC10. Screenshots look great, career mode sounds awesome, so the longevity of the game sounds like its there before its even released. Everything will eventually boil down to the gameplay, how realistic and fun it is. Just a quick question Ross, will we be able to share rosters as simply as IC10? Loved your work with AFL Live btw and the commitment to the series with the GOTY Edition :)

Users who are viewing this thread