Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

...and comedy is comedy. ;)

And always needing to have the last word is an art......

Really love the cover and especially the fact that for Ross it is a matter of absolute honour to have his name asscociated with such a legend. I imagine it is is slightly difficult for us non Australians to truly appreciate the feeling that the name Bradman conjures up in the pysche of Australians. It is an utter guarantee that Ross will go to hell and back to ensure that this game is worthy of that name. We are the winners in this. Thanks Ross and co.

...and comedy is comedy. ;)

Meanwhile dutchad's reaction after this reply.

attachment.php

Attachments

• funny_computer_geniuses_640_07.jpg
    funny_computer_geniuses_640_07.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 253
I imagine it is is slightly difficult for us non Australians to truly appreciate the feeling that the name Bradman conjures up in the pysche of Australians.

I would like to think that the name is special to almost every cricket fan.....no matter what their nationality is. Don Bradman has always been and will always be the biggest name in cricket!!!

I would like to think that the name is special to almost every cricket fan.....no matter what their nationality is. Don Bradman has always been and will always be the biggest name in cricket!!!

Absolutely but I imagine that for Australians he is much more than a legendary cricketer, perhaps he is The Australian, the man who says what Australia truly is if you see what I mean. That is hard for non Australians to truly feel.

Don Bradman has always been and will always be the biggest name in cricket!!!

Don't bite my head off here but I would have preferred a modern day player on the cover rather than Bradman as I think it would have more of an appeal to the younger generation of cricketing fans.

I'm 21 and I know only 2 things about Bradman, 1. He's Australian, 2. He had a remarkably good batting average.

Whereas I know a lot more about Cook & Clarke on the 'other' games cover.

Don't bite my head off here but I would have preferred a modern day player on the cover rather than Bradman as I think it would have more of an appeal to the younger generation of cricketing fans.

I'm 21 and I know only 2 things about Bradman, 1. He's Australian, 2. He had a remarkably good batting average.

Whereas I know a lot more about Cook & Clarke on the 'other' games cover.

On the other hand Bradman conjures up the image of the spirit of cricket, the true nature of cricket compared to other sports, the fact that cricket is a way of life put into a sport. In that sense he is more than just a cricket name....sure many younger people wont get it but they will get to know who he was. I magine there will be some features included in the game explaining and educating the broader public about who the man was and what he acheived and represented.

To me Don Bradman represents the pinnacle of cricket; both on and off the field. I'm sure there would be countless others who share that opinion whether or not they know a whole lot about the sport

I think it's an instantly recognizable brand with some seriously impressive historical baggage... Perfect for the Australasian market, and indeed will carry some weight with enthusiasts around the world. In a nutshell, it sells the "historical" and "career" modes of the game right away, with the focus being on "be a cricket legend" mode in any time period.

It'll also teach the young 20/20 kids about the proud history of test cricket and who this man was and what he meant to the cricket world. It's a truely unique title and brand and it's incredibly exciting...

...plus the ability to have an "officially licensed" Don Bradman avatar in the game for the first time ever who can play in your 20/20 team is pretty f'n sweet!

I think it's the perfect choice for the Australian market.

Do I sense a backhanded compliment there?

People around the world loved Brian Lara Cricket, so why not The Don? You could never have a specific player for every country, so best choose one that is universally loved, even though he made a career out of destroying poms.

Do I sense a backhanded compliment there?

People around the world loved Brian Lara Cricket, so why not The Don? You could never have a specific player for every country, so best choose one that is universally loved, even though he made a career out of destroying poms.

Lara had the neutrality of not being a combatant in the Ashes. I think Ross has done an amazing job getting this title and they've obviously invested trust in him based on what Big Ant have produced but I don't think I will be alone in the UK in being more likely to buy a game called Brian Lara than Don Bradman.
Clearly I'm buying this game anyway ;)

Users who are viewing this thread