Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

We know Ross. He might have something to show us tomorrow to surprise us. Something really special, maybe? After all, we know how cheeky Ross is and always have some surprises for us. Remember the title announcement? :p

We should not get our hopes up though as we may just get a quiet week for once! :)

Care to explain a bit more about that? Do you mean patches and dlcs will be free to publish for you on psn and live? I could not find any article regarding this. If this is indeed what you meant, that is great news for you guys, as i believe publishing patches and dlcs were quite expensive before.

I can clarify this.

In certain circumstances the patches will be free on both platforms.

DLC will not be free on either platform, there are always platform fees to be paid when income is derived from DLC and a per megabyte charge when the DLC is "free".

The biggest issue is that while the platform fees may be waived the cost of development, which is the major cost, still has to be born by the developer/publisher or both. We have never been able to make patches/DLC for under Aud$250k by the time QA was done and dusted. We have also, along with our publishers, lost money on every patch/DLC that we have produced and we have made patches/DLC for *every* sports game we have developed.

We and our publishers have always taken the long term view that if we treat people "right" by having regular updates then they will reciprocate with brand loyalty and we also have the view that it helps halt the trade-ins of our games as we keep them fresh.

We have never been able to make patches/DLC for under Aud$250k by the time QA was done and dusted
Did doing the patch and DLC for RLL2 at the same time minimise this, or was it essentially the same amount of work for both the free patch and the paid DLC?

Did doing the patch and DLC for RLL2 at the same time minimise this, or was it essentially the same amount of work for both the free patch and the paid DLC?

It was actually an expensive proposition as we also made a "compatibility pack" that enabled users that didn't have the DLC to play with people with the DLC - it was a nightmare and added greatly to the costs.

While I am under NDA with platform holders so cant talk exact numbers, I will say that the actual money received at the bank is less than 50% of that which is charged on the store. So if you had 50,000 people pay $10 for DLC then you would break even at $250k - amazingly enough we have never even come close to 50,000 DLC purchases.

Is making rectifications in the game [Patches] the same process or amount of work as making DLC??

If yes, I thought making new stuffs would be a different process unlike patches

Patches are generally less work depending on how may bugs you shipped with in the first place :)

DLC varies depending on how much you are adding and whether you need to be backward compatible with save files, online, etc.. You generally have to patch to add the DLC.

Patches are generally less work depending on how may bugs you shipped with in the first place :)

DLC varies depending on how much you are adding and whether you need to be backward compatible with save files, online, etc.. You generally have to patch to add the DLC.

Thanks for that info but how the cost of DLC is fixed based on the amount of content or is there a fixed cost for that as well like Full game cost :)

I guess thats why lot of games these days have locked DLC already on the shipped disc. One of Epic's Gears Judgment DLC was in mere kb's just to unlock the stuff on the disc

Any surprise for us tomorrow?

Hey come man its been a week or 6 days to be exact from the video has released....Now you can see how fast friday's come even for us....Think about a gaming company making more than 1 game....They do not get enough to prepare stuffs from the game and edit that and get approved as they are under the licensed people .....Its takes time and by the time it finishes Friday comes...Then again the process of us asking stuffs for the next friday follows.....Wait for the play session which is not far off...:cheers:thumbs

Ross has surprised us in the past. I am not asking for anything but I suspect we may get some small treat tomorrow.

Lets speculate :p

Which one is actually the batting camera ?

A ->
1157422_10200187505085170_1031997878_n.jpg

B ->
579018_10200187497364977_1707523760_n.jpg

C -> None of the above :D

C> None of the above.

A is close to one of the batting camera choices.
B is the stump camera

Users who are viewing this thread